Jun 14, 2001
Name: Ryan Kriener
High School: Spirit Lake
Position: Power Forward/Center
Graduation Year: 2016
Height: 6-foot-9
Weight: 240 pounds
Video: Hudl

How have things been going with Martin Bros.?
"Personally I thought they went really well for me. I thought I played really well at Spiece and other events like that. As a team, it has been kind of disappointing that we have had guys go down with injuries and myself included. I twisted my ankle at state AAU and wasn't able to finish. We just have had some bad luck with injuries. We are really getting ready for July and are excited to be healthy and playing again."

What colleges are you hearing from that have not offered?
"Iowa, Nebraska, and Creighton are the big ones that have not offered and are after me. I have received offers from Miami of Ohio and North Dakota since last time we talked."

Did those three schools come see you during the spring?
"Yeah, all three got to see me during the spring. I know that I am making a visit to those schools sometime in June. I know each school wants to see something different. Iowa wants to see more of a spread four. Nebraska wants to see more of a true power forward who plays with his back to the basket and plays good defense. Creighton wants to see me maybe move out to a three."

Is it hard to try and play like different schools want?
"It can be hard to handle but I know I have to just play my game but at the same time, I still need to show them that I can play at that level. I can do the things that they are looking for."

What has been the contact with Iowa recently?
"It has just been a few calls and they have been contacting my high school coach."

What are you trying to get out of those visits?
"I know when I go to Creighton, I'll be playing with their guys. At Iowa and Nebraska, I'm not sure what will happen."

Do you have a favorite?
"I have it somewhat narrowed down but I'm not 100% sure. There is no definite favorite."

How do you feel about Iowa?
"I think they are a great program. They have a bunch of basketball history. They'll be really good next year and even better my freshman year of college. I think Fran has done a lot of big things for them."

When do you want to decide?
"After the July period I'll go through and take my officials. After that, I'll make a decision."

Are you 100% taking officials to any schools?
"I'm not sure yet."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News