Jun 14, 2001
Name: Colin Newell
High School: Ames
Position: Offensive Line
Graduation Year: 2017
Height: 6-foot-5
Weight: 250 pounds
Video: Hudl

What college camps did you do this summer?
"I did Iowa State, Iowa, and Nebraska. I was proud of how I did at them."

How do you feel you performed at the schools?
"The Iowa State camp was more just to stay in touch with them because they had offered. I thought Iowa was really good. I talked to both of the Ferentzs. Nebraska was also really good. I talked to their coach for a little bit."

When did Iowa State offer?
"On December 18th."

What colleges are recruiting you the most?
"Iowa State definitely. I've been to a junior day there and I keep in touch with their coaches quite a bit. I have talked to Iowa and they will be watching me closely over the first couple of games this year. The Nebraska coaches asked about me. There is also stuff from UNI and a number of schools like that."

How do you feel about Iowa overall?
"I have grown up a diehard Cyclone fan so I've not been a huge fan of Iowa but I know the history of their offensive line. I know what they can do for their offensive linemen. it is definitely the cream of the crop there."

What has been the interest from Iowa?
"Brian Ferentz talked to me and just said that they really like how I play. He has watched my game tape a lot. He is really looking forward to me having a good year this year."

If Iowa offered, would that factor into your final decision?
"Yeah it would. I just want to have fun with the experience and get to know all of the coaches before I make a final decision."

When do you want to decide?
"I don’t want to commit too early because I have to feel comfortable with it. I'll be patient with it."

If you are a diehard Iowa State fan, why have you not committed?
"I really want to keep a close relationship with their coaches right now. I love all their coaches and am hoping that they have a good year. That could influence the future."

Where are you going to try and visit this fall?
"I am probably going to go to Iowa State, Iowa, and see where my coach thinks I should go."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News