ADVERTISEMENT

New Story 2017 DE T.J. Garrity enjoys Iowa junior day

Apr 8, 2003
Garrity enjoys Iowa junior day
Blair Sanderson | Editor

w0b4sdabi7qis1nbyhyu

Wisconsin defensive end T.J. Garrity attended Iowa's junior day on Sunday.

Class of 2017 defensive end T.J. Garrity was among several recruits from the state of Wisconsin at Iowa's junior day this past weekend. For the 6-foot-4, 235-pound Garrity, it was a chance to learn more about the Hawkeyes and reconnect with the Iowa coaching staff. We caught up with him afterwards to talk about the trip, the latest on his recruiting, and much more.

Q: What were the highlights of the Iowa visit for you?

GARRITY: The main highlight of the visit for me was seeing all of the new facilities. Everything there is brand new and it's all very impressive. The weight room was probably the most impressive. The strength and conditioning coaches and all their equipment are top notch and can't be beat. They have technology available that I couldn't even imagine having as a football staff in college or in the NFL. It's also very intriguing to see how many linemen they've produced into NFL talent, and as a lineman myself that is very appealing. I also loved being there with three of my friends from my conference, Nathan Schultz, Kendall Gould, and Jaylen Campbell. I also ran into Brad Papez and Jake Papez from St. Louis who I've gotten to know very well through previous visits.

Q: Who did you talk with coaching wise and what they did have to say?

GARRITY: I mainly talked with my area recruiter, Seth Wallace. He asked me how my visit was going and he would periodically stop me and ask if I had any questions. I also talked with recruiting coordinator Kelvin Bell as well as Reese Morgan, the defensive line coach. They all mentioned that they wanted to see me at school this spring and they wanted to get a better evaluation of me at camp this summer. I also talked to Coach Ferentz for a short period of time, but I didn't get a chance to sit down with him.

Q: What's your overall impression of Iowa right now?

GARRITY: I'm very impressed with Iowa right now. They're definitely in my top three favorite schools. It was a very professional and hardworking atmosphere at Iowa and that's something I'm looking for in a college. Even though they do send a lot of guys to the league, there are still a lot of guys that don't make it, but at Iowa they have a chance of getting a meaningful degree at one of the best universities in the country and that is very important to me.

Q: Who is in that top three right now?

GARRITY: Iowa, Michigan, and Western Michigan.

Q: Overall, what is the list of schools like showing you the most interest right now?

GARRITY: The schools that are showing the most interest in me are Central Michigan, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, Michigan, Michigan State, North Dakota State, Northern Illinois, Western Illinois, Western Michigan, and Wyoming.

Q: What's next as far as upcoming visits?

GARRITY: Next I have visits scheduled to Iowa State, Western Michigan, Central Michigan, and North Dakota State. I've also been invited to attend visits at Northern Illinois, Northern Iowa, Western Illinois, and Wyoming. I'm making it back to Iowa this spring for a practice and I'm going to try to make it back to Michigan, Michigan State, Illinois, and Wisconsin for a practice as well.

See highlights from Garrity's junior year at Waukesha South in the video below.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News