ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Iowa Baseball: 38-20, B1G Tournament Champs

Congrats on winning the tournament. Now question is will the Big Ten get five bids to the NCAAs? Most projections say Michigan, Nebraska are safely in. Maryland and Indiana could be on the fence.... especially now.

Congrats on winning the tournament. Now question is will the Big Ten get five bids to the NCAAs? Most projections say Michigan, Nebraska are safely in. Maryland and Indiana could be on the fence.... especially now.
I think the bigger question is can any of those teams break through and make a run in the tournament?

I think the bigger question is can any of those teams break through and make a run in the tournament?

More opportunities there are the better chance the conference has. All of the Big 10 teams will be underdogs to advance. I don't see the caliber of high-end pitchers that the elite teams in college have. It will be interesting to see Iowa. I would not want to face the Hawkeyes with the depth of their lineup.

If trends are any indication, we will probably be a 4 seed. But our momentum, wins, etc, could bump us up to a 3 depending on who we get paired with.

Either way, we're still going to be facing some solid teams, most likely with better records, in the Regional.

Btw, is there a site that keeps track of conference standings in the NCAA?

If there's one sport that absolutely sucks at keeping up to date tabs on scores and statistics below the professional level, it's baseball. Look no further than the state of Iowa at the high school level. o_O

And it's ironic too because the MLB absolutely prides itself on its records and statistics.......

At the end of the day to get to Omaha you're going to have to beat some of the best teams in the country whether you're a 3 or a 4 in a regional. We can all agree once we make regionals, the ultimate end game is to make Omaha and hopefully it happens one day.

Here are the regional hosts
LSU
UNC
Clemson
Oregon State
Arkansas
TCU
Florida
Southern Miss
Houston
Kentucky
Long Beach State
Louisville
Texas Tech
Stanford
Florida State
Wake Forest
If I had to make an uneducated guess, I'd say we could end up in one of:

Arkansas
TCU
Houston
Texas Tech

Basically, any member of the old SWC.

LSU
UNC
Clemson
Oregon State
Arkansas
TCU
Florida
Southern Miss
Houston
Kentucky
Long Beach State
Louisville
Texas Tech
Stanford
Florida State
Wake Forest

We know Michigan, Nebraska, and probably Indiana are also in.

It's almost a guarantee that a B1G school ends up in Arkansas, Louisville, and Kentucky for sure IMO.

LSU
UNC
Clemson
Oregon State
Arkansas
TCU
Florida
Southern Miss
Houston
Kentucky
Long Beach State
Louisville
Texas Tech
Stanford
Florida State
Wake Forest
If I had to make an uneducated guess, I'd say we could end up in one of:

Arkansas
TCU
Houston
Texas Tech

Basically, any member of the old SWC.
It would be nice for me if they ended up at OSU, but they'll prob go to Arkansas

Btw, is there a site that keeps track of conference standings in the NCAA?

If there's one sport that absolutely sucks at keeping up to date tabs on scores and statistics below the professional level, it's baseball. Look no further than the state of Iowa at the high school level. o_O

And it's ironic too because the MLB absolutely prides itself on its records and statistics.......
Quikstatsiowa.com

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT