ADVERTISEMENT

New Story 2017 Iowa City West lineman Alex Kleinow has early attention from Iowa

LukeFeddersen

HB Legend
Gold Member
Jun 14, 2001
Name: Alex Kleinow
High School: Iowa City West
Position: Offensive Lineman
Graduation Year: 2017
Height: 6-foot-6
Weight: 270 pounds
Video: Hudl

What colleges have been recruiting you?
"Iowa State has offered. I've also been getting looks from Iowa, Minnesota, Florida State, Kansas State, Harvard, and I think there are some more. It has been going pretty well."

What game day trips did you get a chance to go to during the fall?
"I went to an Iowa State game and to an Iowa game too."

How was the Iowa visits for the Minnesota and Purdue games?
"The Minnesota game was really good since Minnesota is a really good team as well. The whole stadium was packed. It was a great atmosphere."

How do you feel overall about Iowa?
"The program is really good. They are second behind Alabama in sending offensive linemen to the NFL so they have a really good program for offensive linemen. The bowl game didn’t go the way they wanted but they had a great year. They have an overall good program."

What type of attention has Iowa shown you?
"I've received a decent amount of attention from Iowa. I've grown up around the program."

What schools have invited you for early junior days?
"I am planning on going to an Iowa State junior day. Minnesota invited me to a junior day but it only is two and a half hours. We have a four hour drive each way so if I lived closer, we would be going."

What school is recruiting the hardest?
"I definitely think Iowa State."

How did the football season go?
"During the course of the season it was pretty decent. When I went down, we struggled but we finally started getting better. The team overall did pretty good."

What happened on the injury?
"I tore my meniscus and I fractured my tibia because I got cheap shot during practice and I planted on it real hard. I was supposed to be out three to four weeks for the meniscus but because of the fracture I was out a month and a half."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.