Jun 14, 2001
Name: Alex Kleinow
High School: Iowa City West
Position: Offensive Lineman
Graduation Year: 2017
Height: 6-foot-6
Weight: 270 pounds
Video: Hudl

Q: How was your time in Iowa City for their junior day?

KLEINOW: It was really nice. It was definitely a little more personal than the other junior day I went to last year. They improved from last year and it was nice just having six linemen.

Q: How was the experienced personalized?

KLEINOW: I felt there were more people (last year). I felt like we didn’t get to talk to the coaches much. This time it was much more of a family experience.

Q: What was your schedule on campus?

KLEINOW: We first went to have our photos taken and then had brunch. Afterwards we watched a video about their program. We got a tour of the football facilities and then we broke off into smaller groups. We broke into groups and saw the locker rooms and the equipment area. We had a chance to talk to five of the players there. Then we went to tour Kinnick and saw the locker room. We went on the field and talked to some of the coaches.

Q: What was your favorite part of the trip?

KLEINOW: I have seen more of it before so it was probably touring Kinnick. You don't get to do that on a game day.

Q: What did the coaches say about you as a recruit?

KLEINOW: Brian (Ferentz) told me that they are definitely still keeping an eye on me since I am right down the street. They want me at their junior day elite camp. They are going to continue to watch me and everything. He said that we want to continue to build the relationship.

Q: How do you feel about Iowa?

KLEINOW: Pretty good.

Q: What schools are recruiting you overall?

KLEINOW: The main ones are definitely Iowa State, Iowa, K-State, and Minnesota. Then there are other schools like Colorado State, Penn State, Georgia, Florida State, Yale, Harvard, and a few others like that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News