ADVERTISEMENT

2017 NBA Summer League

Hawksfor3

HR Legend
Dec 5, 2016
Beyond The Arc
Has anyone heard anything about Aaron White participating in this year's Summer League? He had a great year for Zenit of St. Petersburg. Thanks.

Haha. I embrace all the jokes and shame that may come my way this evening/tomorrow for my mishap. :D

Here's a more recent article on Aaron, this was all I could find. Looks like Aaron will know where he stands within the next couple of months based on this article.

As far as the future, White said one thing is certain. He will not be playing Summer League any more. He played there a second time last summer and is convinced it’s not for him.

“I don’t think it’s beneficial for me. If an NBA team or the Wizards right now think I’m good enough to be on the roster then it will happen. I don’t think I can improve my worth in five or six games in the Summer League. I’m more of a system player and play as a team and make the right reads and cuts kind of guy.”

He has a one-plus-one deal with Zenit, who must decide in May if they want to keep him next season. And there is an NBA out in June. So if the Wizards want to make a move it would have to be then.

“I would love to play in the NBA and would love to play for the Wizards. But if that doesn't happen I’ll also be extremely happy playing here for the next 10-plus years and enjoy being able to play and being able to grow as a player and play at the highest level.”

Looks like he can make a nice career for himself in Europe.
The NBA looks unlikely, so he won't see the big dollars. Worse ways to make a living.

Aaron is making more than $550K/year, living in the cultural capital of Russia. He has a pretty nice situation. Aaron has proven that he can contribute to team success, so he will likely continue to have a successful pro career, even if it isn't in the NBA.

Haha. I embrace all the jokes and shame that may come my way this evening/tomorrow for my mishap. :D

Here's a more recent article on Aaron, this was all I could find. Looks like Aaron will know where he stands within the next couple of months based on this article.

As far as the future, White said one thing is certain. He will not be playing Summer League any more. He played there a second time last summer and is convinced it’s not for him.

“I don’t think it’s beneficial for me. If an NBA team or the Wizards right now think I’m good enough to be on the roster then it will happen. I don’t think I can improve my worth in five or six games in the Summer League. I’m more of a system player and play as a team and make the right reads and cuts kind of guy.”

He has a one-plus-one deal with Zenit, who must decide in May if they want to keep him next season. And there is an NBA out in June. So if the Wizards want to make a move it would have to be then.

“I would love to play in the NBA and would love to play for the Wizards. But if that doesn't happen I’ll also be extremely happy playing here for the next 10-plus years and enjoy being able to play and being able to grow as a player and play at the highest level.”
Well, looks like we'll just have to wait and see where he winds up. Thanks for the info! :cool::)

ADVERTISEMENT