Jun 14, 2001
Name: Ethan Lape
High School: North Fayette Valley
Position: Offensive Line
Graduation Year: 2017
Height: 5-foot-11
Weight: 275 pounds
Video: Hudl

Q: How was your trip for the Iowa junior day?

LAPE: It was really good. There were a lot of people down there. We interacted and talked with almost all of them. I had a chance to meet some new people and had a fun time.

Q: What were you able to see down there?

LAPE: We went there and they took our height and weight. Then we took pictures. After that, we watched the football highlight video, talked to the positions coaches, and took tours. We went back and talked to the current players before getting a tour of Kinnick.

Q: What was your favorite part of the trip?

LAPE: It was talking with the current players because they were really telling us how it is. You could ask whatever question and they would answer truthfully.

Q: What Iowa players were on the panel?

LAPE: A couple of them were LeShun Daniels, Parker Hesse, (C.J.) Beathard, Desmond King, and James Daniels.

Q: After having been there a lot before, did you learn anything?

LAPE: Just the academic part of it. They talked to us about the academics and the tutors if you need help with classes.

Q: What did the coaches say about you as a player?

LAPE: They just want me to keep getting healthy. I talked to them that I probably couldn’t do anything at their camp this summer and they said there is no point in coming because we already know what I can do. They want me to get healthy and hopefully when that happens they can show more interest.

Q: What other visits do you have planned?

LAPE: I don't know about this spring because I have a lot of school activities like taking the ACT.

Q: What colleges are recruiting you overall?

LAPE: It is just the same as before with Iowa, a little bit from UNI, and then some Division II schools in Minnesota and Sioux Falls.

Q: How do you feel about Iowa?

LAPE: It is just a great place to be and they will be good for years to come. It is a great atmosphere with great coaching stability.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.