ADVERTISEMENT

New Story 2017 QB Arion Nieves talks Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
After a standout junior season, Class of 2017 dual-threat quarterback Arion Nieves from Fort Wayne, IN is picking up a lot of college interest. The 6-foot-2, 200-pound Nieves has been busy with visits to several of those schools this fall, including a stop in Iowa City this past weekend. We caught up with him to get an update on the trip, the latest on his recruiting, and much more.

Q: How did your visit go this past weekend?

NIEVES: I was really impressed with Iowa on Saturday. That's the first night game I've been to and it was really exciting. The fans were crazy.

Q: What else did you take away from the visit?

NIEVES: I've never been to Iowa before, so this was a very new experience. I was very impressed with their performance. Out of all my visits, Iowa is in the top three. The warm-ups caught my eye the most. They were all in tune with each other and on the same page.

Q: Where else have you visited this season and what else do you have coming up?

NIEVES: I've been to Iowa, Michigan State, Miami of Ohio, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, and Ball State. I'll be going back to Michigan State next week and I plan to get back to Cincinnati too.

Q: Who else would be among your top three visits?

NIEVES: The top three would have to be Michigan State, Cincinnati, and Iowa.

Q: At Iowa, which coaches did you get to talk with and what was their message?

NIEVES: Seth Wallace is who I've been in contact with. We spoke about how many QB's they take a year and how it's different from a lot of places. It really is.

Q: Tell me about your junior season. How did you guys do this year and where did you end up stats wise?

NIEVES: We did a lot better than last year. The SAC is a really tough conference, but I think we did pretty well. We just had a lot of mental mistakes. I did pretty well as a junior. I finished with 1,500 yards with 13 touchdowns passing and had 650 yards rushing and seven rushing touchdowns.

Q: Does everyone project you as a dual-threat QB in college?

NIEVES: Everyone has said they like my dual-threat ability. I don't run very much, only when I need to, but they said the like that about me, especially Miami of Ohio.

See highlights from Nieves' junior season in the video below:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2987081/highlights/284153379/v2

Reactions: Hawkward
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.