ADVERTISEMENT

New Story 2017 RB/WR Kade Remsberg talks Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
As a state champion in the 100 and 200 meter dash, Class of 2017 prospect Kade Remsberg has the speed and versatility to be a difference maker in college. The question is at what position as the 5-foot-11, 172-pound Kansas native could play running back, wide receiver, or defensive back in college. This past weekend, Remsberg visited one of the schools interested in his services, the Iowa Hawkeyes, who had him on campus Saturday night for their game against Pittsburgh. We caught up with him to get the very latest.

Q: Can you kind of take us through your day at Iowa yesterday? What all did you get to do?

REMSBERG: Well, we got to Iowa City and first off we just parked next to the stadium and walked around and kind of got a feel for everything and saw all the buildings around the stadium. I really enjoyed that. I thought the town was pretty cool. We didn't get to see everything, but mainly the facilities around the stadium. After that, we started with the recruiting stuff. We got a tour of the building and ate and got to see all of the facilities. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it.

Q: Going to the game, what did you take away from that experience and the atmosphere last night?

REMSBERG: It was really cool. Comparing it to other games that I've been to, I thought it was really hype. The fans really got into it and I really enjoyed it. It was a lot of fun and the ending was just crazy. It was an awesome ending, which just made it all the better.

Q: What was your first impression of Iowa overall after leaving there this weekend?

REMSBERG: I really liked it. I had a blast, to be honest. It was a lot of fun. I enjoyed everything.

Q: Which coaches did you get to talk with and what did you hear as far as their interest?

REMSBERG: I've been talking to Coach Woods a lot online and this was the first time that I got to speak to him in person. I thought it went really well. They said they want to get me back up there to meet the head coach sometime. There was a lot of stuff going on last night, so I didn't get a chance to talk to him, but they said they definitely want to get me back there so I'm excited because I want to go back soon.

Q: Do they like you at running back or what position are they thinking?

REMSBERG: We haven't really talked about that, but I'm probably going to be recruited as a slot receiver. I also play defensive back, but that's just not something we've talked about yet.

Q: You have an early offer from Kansas. What have they said and what have other schools said about your position in college? Is it kind of all over the place?

REMSBERG: Yeah, basically that's what it is. It's not really a set position. I'm just being recruited as an athlete right now. That's kind of what it is.

Q: What do you prefer to play? Would you rather stay on offense if you could?

REMSBERG: I think most likely I'm going to stay on offense. I think I'm more skilled on offense and I'm a better offensive player, but whatever happens, happens. If I get on the field, I'm happy, so it's whatever the team wants me as

Q: For visits this season, where have you been already and where are you going next?

REMSBERG: I've been to KU, K-State, and Iowa, and I'm going to Notre Dame in October and I might make a trip to Minnesota too.

Q: How is your junior year going so far?

REMSBERG: It's going pretty good. Our season, team wise, is rough because we're one of the smaller schools in the division and league that we play in.I think I'm doing all right individually, but as a team it's tough right now.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2646523/kade-remsberg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News