ADVERTISEMENT

New Story 2017 WR Jaevon McQuitty talks Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
Class of 2017 wide receiver Jaevon McQuitty has five early scholarship offers and is looking for more. This weekend, the 6-foot-2, 190-pound McQuitty visited one of the schools that might be getting close, the Iowa Hawkeyes. We caught up with him afterwards to talk about the trip, what he heard from the Iowa coaching staff, and much more.

Q: Tell me about the Iowa visit. What all did you get to do up there yesterday?

McQuitty: I went in the locker room, saw their pre-game, and all of behind the scenes stuff of Iowa gets ready for a big game. Then I toured the facilities also.

Q: What did you think of the game and the atmosphere at the stadium?

McQuitty: It was really dope. I liked how the fans really go all out. I liked how it felt like a place with a hometown atmosphere. It kind of reminded me of Columbia in that way because it’s a small town and everything is close and right there.

Q: Did you make the trip up there with some teammates?

McQuitty: I went there with two of my teammates (Plais Dow and Tyler Gray) and my dad.

Q: Coaching wise, who did you get to talk with at Iowa?

McQuitty: I talked to the tight ends coach and the receivers coach. The night before, they actually came to my game to watch me play. They said that they liked what I did and they’ll get in touch with me.

Q: Overall, what was your first impression of Iowa this weekend?

McQuitty: The crowd really stood out. I liked how they were all interactive with the third down stuff and just the small things like that.

Q: Where all have you been for games this season?

McQuitty: I’ve been to Indiana, Nebraska, Mizzou, and Iowa.

Q: Do you have more coming up?

McQuitty: No, I think I’m done for the year.

Q: How many offers do you have right now?

McQuitty: I’m at five. (Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Maryland, and Nebraska)

Q: How are you kind of approaching the whole recruiting process early on?

McQuitty: I’m just taking it slow. I’m just chill with it. Honestly, it’s in God’s hands and whatever happens is going to happen. I don’t like to rush things in anything I do, so if it happens, it happens.

Q: How is your season going or how did your game go on Friday?

McQuitty: It was pretty good. I had six catches, 157 yards, and two touchdowns. We were down early, but I brought us back and we won 17-10.

Q: What are your numbers like for the year so far?

McQuitty: I have like 52 receptions, about 1,100 yards, and 12 touchdowns, I think.

See highlights from McQuitty's junior year in the video below:

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3070534/highlights/299748376/v2

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.