ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Class

I know Downing visited today. Wondering if he's still a State lean or if he can be swayed? Some Gobbler clown on another thread claimed he was going to commit to minny over the weekend. FAIL!
Could be some truth to that.. fleck gets these kids in for visits and he becomes a high pressure salesman.. look at whe. He gets the majority of his commits it's the day or week after they visit, he loves to get the yes from them when they are there

Looks like Wisconsin might have been trying to slow play him until other P5 teams started offering.

It looks like Iowa is hitting Wisconsin harder than usual. Possibly forcing Wisconsin's hand more on guys who they would have ordinary gotten as late offers or walk-on steals.

It makes me think of what Ferentz said this past year concerning recruiting. He essentially indicated that Iowa wouldn't necessarily be expanding where they'd be recruiting. Instead, he indicated that they'd try to do an even better job recruiting within their "normal" recruiting thumbprint.

Given our more recent recruiting in Wisconsin and Indiana - that seems completely consistent with what Ferentz had indicated. I just wish that we could improve our presence in Missouri - particularly in the St. Louis and Kansas City areas.

Reactions: VicHawkeye
It looks like Iowa is hitting Wisconsin harder than usual. Possibly forcing Wisconsin's hand more on guys who they would have ordinary gotten as late offers or walk-on steals.

It makes me think of what Ferentz said this past year concerning recruiting. He essentially indicated that Iowa wouldn't necessarily be expanding where they'd be recruiting. Instead, he indicated that they'd try to do an even better job recruiting within their "normal" recruiting thumbprint.

Given our more recent recruiting in Wisconsin and Indiana - that seems completely consistent with what Ferentz had indicated. I just wish that we could improve our presence in Missouri - particularly in the St. Louis and Kansas City areas.
I believe this has more to do with Coach Polasek and his footprint in the upper midwest

Question on Plumb: are other teams looking at him at OT or at TE? Has he mentioned if he has a preference?
What many other teams do is wait for Iowa to offer potential OL and then throw their hat in later. We had a kid Iowa offered as an OL and even told the kid that other teams would come in soon to offer, they said don't forget about who was the first to offer. They also offered a kid from a school close to us and from what I heard they offered him only so the in state school would offer and it in both cases it happened. I mean it's not a bad idea to offer a kid that Iowa offers at OL, the problem is there is not a current staff that can develop them- Wisconsin used to be able to do a great job at that, but that was two coaching staffs ago

What many other teams do is wait for Iowa to offer potential OL and then throw their hat in later. We had a kid Iowa offered as an OL and even told the kid that other teams would come in soon to offer, they said don't forget about who was the first to offer. They also offered a kid from a school close to us and from what I heard they offered him only so the in state school would offer and it in both cases it happened. I mean it's not a bad idea to offer a kid that Iowa offers at OL, the problem is there is not a current staff that can develop them- Wisconsin used to be able to do a great job at that, but that was two coaching staffs ago
I understand that the Badgers offered Jack as an OT or TE. I don't know but assume the staff expects him to camp with them this summer to see what might be the better fit if he accepts the offer. My guess is that he might see the field sooner at Wisconsin as a TE.
The state of Wisconsin has produced a greater number of high caliber football prospects the past two years than in the past. Whether this is simply an anomaly or the result of better coaching and competition within the Dairy State remains to be seen. I hope it is the latter.
If Plumb decides to play football at Wisconsin, he will benefit from an excellent group of coaches, whether he is a TE or OT.

There he goes. The AG Tech was probably too much to sway him.

Are we recruiting Downing hard? If so, no reason he goes to the Clowns unless he wants to start right away and be with a 3 win team that is a laughingstock and doesn't put people in the NFL. Tell me from those in the know that we must have bigger targets. CF is already celebrating this as a potential huge victory over us. We should never, ever lose a recruit to ISU we want them unless a legacy (Lazard). I know it happens in recruiting but Dear God we are O-Line U by even national pundits.
Easy there. Manning was OL coach of the year a fee seasons back and he has Clone blood.

Reactions: DNA Hawk
I already gave congrats and took the high road champ. Jesus creeper I posted that what 2 weeks ago?! Well before you joined. Holy shit you are a psycho. Good to see even with all the Clones u have zero likes.

Reactions: hawkeyes2122
I am under the impression that Minny will offer every kid after we offer.....LOL maybe this will actually turn into a rivalry again.....

Haven't heard much about Ivy at all. I'll have do a little film study. Wish we were in on some of these guys going to Kentucky, Arkansas, and so on. That said we are stacked at the moment.

Haven't heard much about Ivy at all. I'll have do a little film study. Wish we were in on some of these guys going to Kentucky, Arkansas, and so on. That said we are stacked at the moment.
What's kind of odd at his top 4 is that Iowa hasn't even offered yet. They want him to visit.

Samson Evans is visiting today with his parents. With the news of his brother transferring and bringing along his parents today, I wouldn't be surprised if he committed soon.

Reactions: Colorado_Tigerhawk
Samson Evans is visiting today with his parents. With the news of his brother transferring and bringing along his parents today, I wouldn't be surprised if he committed soon.
Jenkins just tweeted a flying hawk which is usually a commitment.

Your OC is whining about the exact opposite. Which is it?
They're offering everyone, including kids after Iowa does. Idk why that's hard to understand?

"What has sped things up in our state, the guys in Ames and the new guys in Minneapolis seem to have no problem throwing early things out" -BF

"I think you have to look no further than in-state to see there were a lot of offers that went out in the 2018 class very early out of Ames" -BF

"ISU just follows Iowa around and offers after we do" - posters on HR

"What has sped things up in our state, the guys in Ames and the new guys in Minneapolis seem to have no problem throwing early things out" -BF

"I think you have to look no further than in-state to see there were a lot of offers that went out in the 2018 class very early out of Ames" -BF

"ISU just follows Iowa around and offers after we do" - posters on HR
I was referring to Minny in my post, ISU has already offered everybody in the country that was on a varsity roster last year. They now have a comma in their offer list. Iowa will offer a kid and the next day Minny will offer, it has happened 8 times in the last 3 weeks by my count

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT