ADVERTISEMENT

New Story 2018 DT Trevor Trout impressed by Iowa

Apr 8, 2003
2018 DT impressed by Iowa
Blair Sanderson | Editor

erwawooh7osnozckvijr

Class of 2018 defensive tackle Trevor Trout with Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz.

With early scholarship offers from Iowa, Missouri, Nebraska, and Indiana, Class of 2018 defensive tackle Trevor Trout is already a pretty highly sought after prospect. On Sunday, the 6-foot-3, 295-pound Trout had a chance to visit one of those schools, Iowa, and learn more about the Hawkeyes and their interest. We caught up with the St. Louis native to talk about the trip, getting to know the Iowa coaching staff, and much more.

Q: Can you tell us a little bit about the Iowa visit today and what stood out?

TROUT: I liked it. The coaching staff was great, the facilities were amazing, and the food was good. I really liked meeting Coach Ferentz. He seems like a really great guy.

Q: What did you kind of take away as your first impression?

TROUT: I like the campus. It’s a lot of walking from the facilities to the classrooms, but it’s something that people get used to. I met a couple of the players and they seemed like good guys.

Q: Coaching wise, who all did you talk with and what was their message?

TROUT: I talked to Coach Ferentz, Coach Woods, and their defensive line coach. I can’t remember his name, but he’s a good guy and we watched a little bit of film with him.

Q: Where do they see you fitting in if you would decide to go there?

TROUT: They like me as a defensive tackle.

Q: Watching film with the coaches, does that seem like it could be a good fit?

TROUT: What I noticed and what I liked is that they get their defensive linemen moving and keep them really active. They don’t just sit them in a gap. They are concerned about stopping the run first, keeping leverage up field, and apply pressure.

Q: What’s next for you? Are there more visits coming up?

TROUT: Honestly, I really don’t know yet. I know there’s a junior day at Nebraska next weekend. I haven’t planning anything yet, I still have to talk to a couple people about it, but hopefully Nebraska next weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News