ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Iowa Volleyball

This is the big weekend. Last chance to pick up a non-conference quality win. Either ISU or Wyoming would be one.

Always nice to get a VB win over the Clones, as they generally make the NCAA tournament.

In other VB news, Illinois takes out UNI 3-0.

Really good weekend! Coming back from a game down twice tonight against a good team is impressive.
B1G as tough as ever - five of next six opponents ranked.

I saw part of it on BTNPlus, Louis and Jones had some spectacular kills, and everybody else was solid. I did think MSU was going to get the 3rd set when they got their blocking going, but the Hawks hung tough. Announcer said they'd won the last 15 from us; I'd have guessed more like the last 30 or 40. We're looking pretty good by Iowa standards, its just that the B10 is so freaking tough in VB, it's hard to say if we can break into the upper half of the standings this season.

Finishing in the top half may be too much to ask, only because the top half are all solid Top 25 teams. Hoping we can finish 8th, maybe take a match or two from the top seven, and the NCAA takes eight B1G.

I knew Nebraska was undefeated all-time vs. Iowa (29-0) but had not known the sweep streak was as long as it was (18 straight matches).

Iowa played well in the second set, that Louis (sp?) girl can really hit.

I did not know Iowa's only made one NCAA appearance ever.....this team looks like it has the potential to be the second.

Reactions: SLarew
Neb is a legit monster in VB. The Illinois team that 3-0'd us lost to them 3-1 in Champagne.

RPI moves to 39 this week. Hold serve ( :) ) against the teams we should beat, and that might be enough to get us into the NCAAs. Purdue's a very good but streaky team. I think we've got a shot against them next weekend.

Could turn out to be a pivotal point in the season, unfortunately. Minnesota was going to be a tough assignment anyway, and I'm pretty sure Wisc doesn't intend to lose to us twice.

Did not realize Wisc was that tall, that 6-8 hitter jumped pretty well also, plus hit pretty hard. Splitting with them isn't so bad. Now, need to beat the non-Top Tens on the schedule.

RPI 46. We can't sew up an NCAA bid this week, but we can lose one. Northwestern game Wednesday on BTN.

Well that was ugly. So flat! NCAA is probably out of reach unless we get a couple big upsets. After last night's performance that seems unlikely.

Awful crowd. Seemed like only a couple hundred people sitting on their hands. Don't deserve a tournament team. Hopefully the new arena in a couple years will improve the atmosphere / attendance.

Reactions: chonk
Well that was ugly. So flat! NCAA is probably out of reach unless we get a couple big upsets. After last night's performance that seems unlikely.

Awful crowd. Seemed like only a couple hundred people sitting on their hands. Don't deserve a tournament team. Hopefully the new arena in a couple years will improve the atmosphere / attendance.

Listed as 1,100

I saw part of the Wisc match. Set 2 was, unfortunately classic Iowa - couldn't block, couldn't hit through their blocks, back row looking completely overmatched, terrible body language. We came back to make the 3rd set competitive, so that takes off a bit of the sting. But just not quite there yet. If I were the family dog in the Shymansky household, I'd be laying low for a few days.

ADVERTISEMENT