ADVERTISEMENT

New Story 2018 QB Kaleb Eleby talks Iowa visit

Apr 8, 2003
2018 QB visits Iowa City
Blair Sanderson | Editor

cpyjgfhsfjw7eescswsl

Class of 2018 QB Kaleb Eleby visited Iowa this past weekend.
XOS Digital

Class of 2018 quarterback Kaleb Eleby was among the handful of sophomores invited to Iowa’s big junior day this past weekend. For the 6-foot-1, 180-pound Eleby, who is from the St. Louis area, the trip gave him a chance to get to know the Iowa coaching staff a little better and talk about what they look for in a quarterback. We caught up with him afterwards to get his thoughts on Iowa, the latest on his recruiting, and more.

Q: What were the highlights of the Iowa visit for you?

ELEBY: I really enjoyed hearing the player panel and being able to meet with position coaches.

Q: Who did you talk with coaching wise and what they did have to say?

ELEBY: Coach Greg Davis, the QB coach and offensive coordinator. We talked a lot about what he expects to see in quarterbacks, the work ethic you need to put in to be successful on and off the field, and leadership.

Q: What's your overall impression of Iowa right now?

ELEBY: I really like the school. There are many opportunities for me to excel. Presented with the opportunity, I would love to become a Hawkeye.

Q: Which schools are showing you the most interest right now?

ELEBY: I have one offer from Iowa State and they are the ones most interested in me at this moment.

Q: What's next for you recruiting wise? More visits?

ELEBY: Recruiting wise, what's next is me continuing to prepare for playing the game I love at the next level. Illinois, Mizzzou , Oklahoma , Florida, and Michigan State are all places I plan on visiting.

As a sophomore, Eleby completed 134 of 251 passes for 2,047 yards and 22 touchdowns.

See highlights from Eleby’s sophomore year at Pattonville HS in the video below.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News