ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Baseball Rooster

Leadoff hitter. Great late find.

Yeah, I wonder what position he will play. Maybe CF? Jenkins and Norman kind of struggled at the plate last year.

Trying to guess a starting lineup
1B Padgett
2B Boe
SS Crowl
3B Elion
LF Whelan
CF Sosa?
RF Adreon
C Martin
DH Fullard

I’d have to guess Whelan and Sosa at the top of the order, Boe and Martin at the bottom. Should be a fun year if the juco guys adjust well to D1. Only Boe and Whelan are SRs.

Pitching staff is always hard to predict, but I’d say McDonald, Dreyer and Wallace would make a good weekend staff. It’ll be interesting to see who will be the closer this year.

Don’t be surprised if one of the juco guys makes the weekend rotation.

Lee or Ketelsen seems like they’d be solid candidates. These are stats from last year

Lee 9-2 55.1 IP, 41 K, 10 BB, 50 H 3.93 ERA, 1.22 WHIP, .234 Opp BA
Ketelsen 8-2 61.2, 88, 30, 47, 2.92, 1.25, .206
Hoffman (possible closer?) 3-3 34.2, 41, 10, 33, 2.60, 1.24, .254, 13 saves
Foster (Wright State) 3-2 44.2, 21, 20, 32, 3.02, 1.32, .208, 1 save.

Lee definitely walks less batters. Interesting to see how it all pans out.

Padgett got cleared a few weeks back for all activity I believe. Working out in IC.

A few kids did develop some medical issues this summer but nothing too concerning for the most part.

Baumann was lights out in Northwoods. Dominant there.

Padgett got cleared a few weeks back for all activity I believe. Working out in IC.

A few kids did develop some medical issues this summer but nothing too concerning for the most part.

Baumann was lights out in Northwoods. Dominant there.
What was his injury?

Noticed that Zion Pettigrew is not listed. Wasn't he a heralded recruit?

Also interesting to me that McCaffery is still listed. I don't know why, but I just assumed that would fizzle out.

Noticed that Zion Pettigrew is not listed. Wasn't he a heralded recruit?

Also interesting to me that McCaffery is still listed. I don't know why, but I just assumed that would fizzle out.

Good catch on Pettigrew. He was listed following the season but isn't there anymore.

Does anyone know what happened to Sammy Lizarraga? I know he had an arm issues and then he was not on the roster last year.

Does anyone know what happened to Sammy Lizarraga? I know he had an arm issues and then he was not on the roster last year.
I heard he went out West to train and work with driveline.That was last year, I don't know what the update is.

Any updates to roster and inside info on progress made?

Some very interesting possibilities from looking at the roster. Couple guys with excellent speed and a little pop and one huge guy that appears to be able to rake.

Some of the juco arms combined with a couple of the young returners could be promising as well.

Any updates to roster and inside info on progress made?

Some very interesting possibilities from looking at the roster. Couple guys with excellent speed and a little pop and one huge guy that appears to be able to rake.

Some of the juco arms combined with a couple of the young returners could be promising as well.

I doubt we'll see many updates until preseason practice begins in January. Looking forward to any news until then!

Kyle Crowl is now on the Central Oklahoma roster, a very good DII program. This is the school to which Spencer Van Scoyoc transferred from Arizona State, and I heard another former Iowa player will also be there the spring semester as well.

Kace Massner is now also listed on the 2019 Central Oklahoma roster.

Infielder Brendan Sher, RHP Clayton Nettleton, and RHP Duncan Davitt have been tabbed as impact Freshman in the Big Ten by D1 baseball.com.

Reactions: funnyfletcher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT