ADVERTISEMENT

2019 HWC Forum Drive

Mike Zierath

Family, football and fishing.....
Jun 3, 2002
Flower Mound, TX
Guys, it’s a new year. Wrestlers are looking good! A lot of that comes from better talent, but it also comes from having better workout partners and that’s what the Hawkeye Wrestling Club provides.

I am a member of the HWC Inner Circle. I encourage all of you to donate that way as well. However, from time to time, we do have other fund raising opportunities right here in this forum. As many of you recall, 2017 was a REALLY good year for fundraising. I haven’t heard the final numbers for 2018 myself, nor do I know what was actually raised through this forum, but since we are in 2019, Randy asked me to create a new thread for this purpose only.

Challenges are a great way. Donate for big events like the BIG’s and the Nationals. Donate because you want to. Let’s continue to find ways to raise money for our guys, and, in some small way, help the Hawkeyes bring the title home where it belongs. Thanks.

https://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/

Mike

Guys, it’s a new year. Wrestlers are looking good! A lot of that comes from better talent, but it also comes from having better workout partners and that’s what the Hawkeye Wrestling Club provides.

I am a member of the HWC Inner Circle. I encourage all of you to donate that way as well. However, from time to time, we do have other fund raising opportunities right here in this forum. As many of you recall, 2017 was a REALLY good year for fundraising. I haven’t heard the final numbers for 2018 myself, nor do I know what was actually raised through this forum, but since we are in 2019, Randy asked me to create a new thread for this purpose only.

Challenges are a great way. Donate for big events like the BIG’s and the Nationals. Donate because you want to. Let’s continue to find ways to raise money for our guys, and, in some small way, help the Hawkeyes bring the title home where it belongs. Thanks.

Mike

Did Randy forget to ask you to put in the website linky so he can tell our HR donations from other donations?

Guys/Gals,

I am working a new link for this campain.. we set a goal of $175K and we exceeded it. Its tough to track exactly as some want their inner circle donations counted--some wanted other types of donations counted. Bob Nicolls has started this year with a $100,000 donation ! THANK YOU BOB!

Im guilty of not updating on a regular basis-- but will work harder to do so this year.

I have some more updates later today.

Thanks

Guys/Gals,

I am working a new link for this campain.. we set a goal of $175K and we exceeded it. Its tough to track exactly as some want their inner circle donations counted--some wanted other types of donations counted. Bob Nicolls has started this year with a $100,000 donation ! THANK YOU BOB!

Im guilty of not updating on a regular basis-- but will work harder to do so this year.

I have some more updates later today.

Thanks

Holy Shit. ( yes, I just swore)

Ok guys, that’s HUGE in more ways than one. Bout a 100K huge.

Bob, you are an awesome individual. I wish we could all be that awesome!

HR, the line has been drawn. I think we can get there. We need some good, reasonable challenges for BIG’s and Nationals. Maybe a couple different ones.

Here is a challenge not related to those: I will start by doubling my contributions to the Inner Circle for 2019. That’s an easy one. That will bring that total to $600 a year. I challenge each of you that are donating via the Inner Circle to increase your donation size, even if it’s by $5.

Randy, I feel Inner Circle should count, if people want them too. Without the initial brain storming that began here, it might not exist!?! It makes it super easy for some of us to be part of this effort.

Let’s make this as easy on Randy as we can: if you don’t want others to know what your donation is, but want to let Randy know you are participating, send it in a private email or direct message him from this site. Tell him you are in HR and are part of the inner circle and Randy can add your totals to what is raised additionally through here.

Let’s make this our mission people. Buy in. It makes a huge difference!

Mike

Reactions: JohnBasedow

Mike

Did Randy forget to ask you to put in the website linky so he can tell our HR donations from other donations?

He may have............. ;) ;

Z

https://www.hawkeyewrestlingclub.com/forum-drive/

This is the new link--

In the last two years this forum has been responsible for over $285,000 in donations-- thats acually a conservative number because there is no way I can track screennames to donations or even screenames to Inner Circle donations-- That is HUGE. Plus I cant put into words the value of the input/advice and suggestions so far.Really, Really appreciate that.

THE CLUB:

2018 was a good year for fundraising --and it had to be.We have 12-13 athletes that we pay stipends to and a Coach. We are probably the largest club in the nation. With that said we spent approx 160K more then we took in forcing us to dip into reserves.So the pressure is on us to raise the bar even more.

INNER CIRCLE-- Probably is the key to our long term stability-- we are growing SLOWLY-- approx 325 members-- The challenges-- members not renewing credit cards as they expire, some cancelling, some pausing. Keep in mind we front load the gear--this is a bit disappointing but we will still focus on growing this group- providing value-- we had many Inner Circle only free drawings, we had several Inner Circle emails. We are planning all new gear early this summer.

Events-- no changes-- no additions or subtractions.We considered eliminating a couple just to take pressure off our board and give the staff more time in the room but until our club is fully funded we will stay the course.

Next Event-- Mark your calendars:

HWC 2019 Banquet-- May 17th Kirkwood Hotel Cedar Rapids Iowa

As always--Thanks for everything this group does!

This is the new link--

In the last two years this forum has been responsible for over $285,000 in donations-- thats acually a conservative number because there is no way I can track screennames to donations or even screenames to Inner Circle donations-- That is HUGE. Plus I cant put into words the value of the input/advice and suggestions so far.Really, Really appreciate that.

THE CLUB:

2018 was a good year for fundraising --and it had to be.We have 12-13 athletes that we pay stipends to and a Coach. We are probably the largest club in the nation. With that said we spent approx 160K more then we took in forcing us to dip into reserves.So the pressure is on us to raise the bar even more.

INNER CIRCLE-- Probably is the key to our long term stability-- we are growing SLOWLY-- approx 325 members-- The challenges-- members not renewing credit cards as they expire, some cancelling, some pausing. Keep in mind we front load the gear--this is a bit disappointing but we will still focus on growing this group- providing value-- we had many Inner Circle only free drawings, we had several Inner Circle emails. We are planning all new gear early this summer.

Events-- no changes-- no additions or subtractions.We considered eliminating a couple just to take pressure off our board and give the staff more time in the room but until our club is fully funded we will stay the course.

Lets keep our donations increasing and moving forward. We know PSU won't stop, so we've got to keep it up. HWC is integral to the success of the undergrads. The HWC members are competing hard and getting solid international results. Recruits see they can come to Iowa as a "one stop" shop to achieve their collegiate and international ambitions. A robust HWC helps the collegiates train.

The last piece of the puzzle is the new facility, which continues to gain traction and is very close to being announced as a University project.

Go Hawks and can't wait for time in the "Burgh".

This is the new link--

THE CLUB:

Lets keep our donations increasing and moving forward. We know PSU won't stop, so we've got to keep it up. HWC is integral to the success of the undergrads. The HWC members are competing hard and getting solid international results. Recruits see they can come to Iowa as a "one stop" shop to achieve their collegiate and international ambitions. A robust HWC helps the collegiates train.

The last piece of the puzzle is the new facility, which continues to gain traction and is very close to being announced as a University project.

Thank you for all you do!

Mike

Reactions: Novakht
Hey Novakht, I joined the Inner Circle a month ago now but haven't received my gear yet. Is there an estimate for when that will come?

No big hurry or anyhing, just wondering! I'm excited to rep the Inner Circle!

Hey Novakht, I joined the Inner Circle a month ago now but haven't received my gear yet. Is there an estimate for when that will come?

No big hurry or anyhing, just wondering! I'm excited to rep the Inner Circle!

Me as well. I know there was mention of new gear being made and sent out later in the year?

Reactions: wasdt21
I know there was some talk about not sending stuff out right away. Some people were signing up and then cancelling when they got there gear.

This is the new link--

THE CLUB:

Will there be a silent auction in CR on May 17? If yes, is there a process for donating items?
Is there a HWC Chapter in the Quad Cities?

Reactions: GG121AND2

Can you post the renderings of the new facilities?

I said in a post prior to Nationals that I would give $1000 for three champs, $500 for two champs or $100 for one champ. Here is my $100 for Spencer!

This is a receipt for your gracious donation to Hawkeye Wrestling Club.

Thank you for your donation. This will serve as your 501C3 receipt.

Organization: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Campaign: Hawkeye Wrestling Club
Donor Name:
Amount: $103.50
Donation Interval: One-time
Receipt #: 2234040
Donated At: 03/25/19 12:24:33
Payment Method: MasterCard
Donor Address:

Cedar Rapids, IA

United States

Thank you,

Hawkeye Wrestling Club

Today I got a message from Amazon. The quarterly AmazonSmile Impact Report for Oct. 1-Dec. 31 2018 and it said that the HWC had recieved a check in the amount of $906.23

That's a good chunk of change for only 3 months of purchases. The strange thing is it also said that the total amount the HWC had recieved was $3,251.14 That does not seem like a whole lot for all time.

So it sounds like since the word got out to use Amazon Smile recently a lot of people have started using it and that is making a good increase in funds donated to HWC. Keep it up guys & gals.

And if you haven't signed up or aren't using it, you should as it can make a difference over time.

Today I got a message from Amazon. The quarterly AmazonSmile Impact Report for Oct. 1-Dec. 31 2018 and it said that the HWC had recieved a check in the amount of $906.23

That's a good chunk of change for only 3 months of purchases. The strange thing is it also said that the total amount the HWC had recieved was $3,251.14 That does not seem like a whole lot for all time.

So it sounds like since the word got out to use Amazon Smile recently a lot of people have started using it and that is making a good increase in funds donated to HWC. Keep it up guys & gals.

And if you haven't signed up or aren't using it, you should as it can make a difference over time.
I think it’s only been around since mid 2013. Many of us didn’t know about it until the last couple years. The wife (no pics) and I use smile HWC for all Amazon purchases. Every little bit helps!

God Bless............. this thread is dead............
images

Anyways...I just got back online and joined The Inner Circle, so if anybody is counting money these days, please add mine to the HRT totals.

And don't forget my likes..............lots and lots of likes neeeeeeeded...........
images

I’ll never give another dime to it as long as the same moderator is on this board that banned me for nothing, but everyone
PSU can talk crap. I’m done giving and I gave more than I could afford. I’m done

I’ll never give another dime to it as long as the same moderator is on this board that banned me for nothing, but everyone
PSU can talk crap. I’m done giving and I gave more than I could afford. I’m done

Hold on.

You won’t donate to the HWC because you have a beef with a Rivals message board administrator?

You can’t be serious, can you?

Hold on.

You won’t donate to the HWC because you have a beef with a Rivals message board administrator?

You can’t be serious, can you?

I don’t ban often, but he must be talking about me.

It takes a lot for me to ban someone. Don’t, however, push your luck, there have been days where it just happens, cause maybe whatever.

Z

this is a really simple way to help. My contributions would be dwarfed by my wife’s, and girls, Amazon purchases, if I could just get them to remember to sign in with smile!
Z

pretty sure it was t me. I’d prolly remember a handle of junk head. Besides, I rarely ban.

Pull your head out and start contributing!

Mike

this is a really simple way to help. My contributions would be dwarfed by my wife’s, and girls, Amazon purchases, if I could just get them to remember to sign in with smile!
Z
if you use chrome browser, there is an add-on that will always take you to smile.amazon.com if they put in amazon.com in the url...

i've also put stuff in my cart while on the phone, and then will login through a browser to complete the transaction through smile...

Reactions: Mike Zierath
ADVERTISEMENT