ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Men’s NCAA tix on sale today!

Went two years ago and had a lot of fun. WFA is not a great b-ball arena and it’s concourse is really lousy for huge crowds. But it was just a different environment and really cool to see DSM take a lot of pride in it.

Especially when you flip on games at larger locations and half the arena is empty.

Went two years ago and had a lot of fun. WFA is not a great b-ball arena and it’s concourse is really lousy for huge crowds. But it was just a different environment and really cool to see DSM take a lot of pride in it.

Especially when you flip on games at larger locations and half the arena is empty.
Great, so now we need to build a new arena too?

If I understand correctly, Drake is the designated host for these games, correct? Which means that Drake would not be eligible to play in Des Moines if they managed to make the tournament, but the other three Iowa teams would.

Ahhh yes. When Iowa was ranked as high as #3 and did the usual Fran late season tank job as we were all hoping for a DSM first round.

If I understand correctly, Drake is the designated host for these games, correct? Which means that Drake would not be eligible to play in Des Moines if they managed to make the tournament, but the other three Iowa teams would.
It will be a tough ticket to get, in DSM. There are a lot of teams that want in to that location. KU, ISU, KSU alone from the Big 12. And I am sure there are many other midwest teams that will be close as well.

It will be a tough ticket to get, in DSM. There are a lot of teams that want in to that location. KU, ISU, KSU alone from the Big 12. And I am sure there are many other midwest teams that will be close as well.
It surprised me last time that there weren’t more KU fans. There were still plenty but I expected a sea of blue. But I suppose when you almost always get to the second weekend, you’d rather save up for that or the Final 4.

But you are correct. There are plenty of good Midwest teams that could get sent here.

Last edited:
It surprised me last time that there weren’t more KU fans. There were still plenty but I expected a sea of blue. But I suppose when you almost get to the second weekend, you’d rather save up for that or the Final 4.

But you are correct. There are plenty of good Midwest teams that could get sent here.
Along with this, two of the regional sites next year are KC and Louisville and the Final 4 is Minneapolis. So fans of teams that may end up here like KU, Purdue, Kentucky, etc may be more inclined to wait for the regional games. If ISU lands here, it’s a different story, but there may be ample tickets available on the secondary market for more affordable prices.

200.gif

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
I went last time it was in Des Moines. Scored free tickets. For a first time draw I watched Kentucky v Indiana and Kansas v UCONN. Pretty great experience.

Reactions: birdforbogey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT