ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Targets - Updated Info

Bryzzo

Team MVP
Aug 31, 2016
I can’t get enough recruiting info, and there has been a couple of good posts recently regarding some updates to anticipated commit dates and overall status updates of some of the more high profile Hawkeye targets for the 2019 class, so I have accumulated some of the information that I have read across numerous sources below:

OFFENSIVE RECRUITS:

Name: Pos: Stars: Nat’l Pos Rank: Main Competition: Est. Commit Date

Sam Johnson QB 4 15 MICH, MIZZ, MINN Spring – April

Jirehl Brock RB 4 11 (185 OVR) ISU, MINN, MSU Summer

David Bell WR 4 19 (92 OVR) OSU, PSU, MICH, ND Fall

Des. Hutson WR 3 MIZZ Fall

Chris Hickman TE 3 21 OK, NEB, UCLA Fall

Justin Britt OT 3 47 MSU, MINN, PUR Fall

DEFENSIVE RECRUITS:

Larry Tracy CB 3 47 PUR, MINN, IND Summer

Sebas. Castro CB 3 ISU, MINN, IND Summer

Mosai Newsom DL 3 NEB, MINN, NW Fall

Nick Henrich LB 3 NEB, PSU, WIS Summer

Jack Kiser LB 3 PUR, MSU, NEB Summer

Cameron Baker LB 2 UNI Fall

O-line factories like Iowa and Wisky showing interest and he chose Penn. Can't blame him for the academic prowess, but I'm still a bit surprised.

He can change his mind. But I don't think a offer was coming from Iowa. Iowa got some early targets and probably will only take one more.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Same thing I would do. Ivy League education will set you up for life and his chances of making NFL are small.

Great stuff from Henrichs coach at Burke. This kid is a blue chipper as far as I'm concerned. Sounds like things will be pretty well narrowed down by late summer.

Bama on the way to see Nick Henrich at Burke per Kakert and Sean Callahan. Here we go.

Would I be correct in assuming that these Miami guys are being recruited by Kelton?

With the return of O'Keefe on the staff ... it looks like we're seeing a resurgence of guys being recruited from Ohio. Previously (while Ken was gone), our main forays into Ohio were through Phil's connections.

These Florida offers do fall in Copelands territory.
Would I be correct in assuming that these Miami guys are being recruited by Kelton?

With the return of O'Keefe on the staff ... it looks like we're seeing a resurgence of guys being recruited from Ohio. Previously (while Ken was gone), our main forays into Ohio were through Phil's connections.[/QUOTE

That site spelled his name wrong - its Tupak Kpeayeh. Played on the same team as incoming Iowa recruit Seth Benson. He reminds me of Fred Russell, an elusive and productive runner. In my opinion, however, he just does not impress me as a major college player. Not quite as quick as Freddy, questionable speed. I could be wrong.

I can’t get enough recruiting info, and there has been a couple of good posts recently regarding some updates to anticipated commit dates and overall status updates of some of the more high profile Hawkeye targets for the 2019 class, so I have accumulated some of the information that I have read across numerous sources below:

OFFENSIVE RECRUITS:

Sam Johnson QB 4 15 MICH, MIZZ, MINN Spring – April

Jirehl Brock RB 4 11 (185 OVR) ISU, MINN, MSU Summer

David Bell WR 4 19 (92 OVR) OSU, PSU, MICH, ND Fall

Des. Hutson WR 3 MIZZ Fall

Chris Hickman TE 3 21 OK, NEB, UCLA Fall

Justin Britt OT 3 47 MSU, MINN, PUR Fall

DEFENSIVE RECRUITS:

Larry Tracy CB 3 47 PUR, MINN, IND Summer

Sebas. Castro CB 3 ISU, MINN, IND Summer

Mosai Newsom DL 3 NEB, MINN, NW Fall

Nick Henrich LB 3 NEB, PSU, WIS Summer

Jack Kiser LB 3 PUR, MSU, NEB Summer

Cameron Baker LB 2 UNI Fall

Can someone update this list? Iowa signed a QB, seems set at RB , is still looking for 2 WR and TE??? Also looking for a LB?

thanks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT