ADVERTISEMENT

2021/22 basketball season in the books

Elihawk2

HB MVP
Gold Member
Jun 28, 2021
Holy overreaction and I read but did not respond to any post yesterday...Fire Fran? This invalidates the BT tourn title? 10 years from now, when that BT banner hangs in the new downtown arena (just to get Torbee all fired up), no one will be butt hurt that we lost in the first round. I am proud of the BT tournament titles that Alford won and can't even tell you how we did in the NCAA any specific year...just that we haven't had a NCAA tournament run since early TD years.

Okay, the game. Live by the three, die by the three! Yesterday, we died...but it is what got us there. We had a lot of nice open looks (not sure what Hayward was talking about when he said every three was contested). I heard rumors that some of the shooting woes were attributed to a new balls used just for the tourn and if true, shame on the NCAA tourn...but Richmond beat us with those same balls! You just cannot have some of your best 3 points shooters tanking balls, although Kris clearly should have had 3 FT on his last three.

We played tight the entire game and didn't look confident, which is curious since we are the BT champs.

Again, NCAA first round upset aside, which I think was poorly played and poorly coached...i would have had JT on Gilyard more, just to try and wear him down a bit. He was every bit as quick as JT and a much better basketball player...and the difference in this game. If we don't make threes, our guard play can really be exploited. However, overall amazing coaching job by Fran this year to get a cast of nobodies and newbies to be a really good team and to really be a good team at the end of the year!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News