ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 broadcast info

Impossible Is Nothing

HR All-State
Aug 31, 2004
SIAP, but saw some uncertainty about this on another thread (re: the Princeton dual) so thought I'd post it here for reference.

BTN/BTN Plus
  • BTN will have all home and Big Ten duals except Princeton, Oregon State, and Northwestern, which will be on BTN Plus.
  • Based on past experience, Midlands will stream all sessions and all mats on BTN Plus. No official info yet.
  • Sessions 1, 2, and 4 of the Big Ten Championships will be on BTN. Session 3 (Sunday consolations) will be on BTN Plus.
ESPN Plus
  • My best guess is that the Iowa State dual will be available on ESPN Plus (https://www.espn.com/espnplus/). Can't find anything confirming this yet, but as far as I can tell, ESPN+ is now pretty much the only platform for Big 12 content not on national TV.
FloWrestling
Rokfin
Finally: no official announcement of broadcast info for NCAAs, but based on recent trajectory, expect mat-by-mat coverage for all sessions on ESPN3 with "produced" telecasts on ESPN/2/U.

Last edited:
SIAP, but saw some uncertainty about this on another thread (re: the Princeton dual) so thought I'd post it here for reference.

BTN/BTN Plus
  • BTN will have all home duals except Princeton and Northwestern, which will be on BTN Plus.
  • Based on past experience, Midlands will stream all sessions and all mats on BTN Plus. No official info yet.
  • Sessions 1, 2, and 4 of the Big Ten Championships will be on BTN. Session 3 (Sunday consolations) will be on BTN Plus.
ESPN Plus
  • My best guess is that the Iowa State dual will be available on ESPN Plus (https://www.espn.com/espnplus/). Can't find anything confirming this yet, but as far as I can tell, ESPN+ is now pretty much the only platform for Big 12 content not on national TV.
FloWrestling
Rokfin
Finally: no official announcement of broadcast info for NCAAs, but based on recent trajectory, expect mat-by-mat coverage for all sessions on ESPN3 with "produced" telecasts on ESPN/2/U.
Thank you - this is great

How stupid is it that you need to have a cable/streaming service plus 4 different subscriptions just to watch all of Iowa wrestling this year?

Reactions: el dub and diverman
FloWrestling says they will have an Iowa/Princeton "Watch Party."

What is that?

How stupid is it that you need to have a cable/streaming service plus 4 different subscriptions just to watch all of Iowa wrestling this year?

Not nearly as stupid as 10ish years ago and ever year prior where there was no ability at all (pay or otherwise) to watch every Iowa wrestling event. Or even worse, 30 years ago when it was free but you only got to see them about 4 times per year and even those were largely on tape delay instead of live.

No one is forcing you to watch them all. The majority of events are on live TV which is amazing. Throw in a cheap sub service (BTN+) that gives you access to other Iowa sports as well and you’ve got like 90% of the season covered. It’s pretty sweet actually.

Not nearly as stupid as 10ish years ago and ever year prior where there was no ability at all (pay or otherwise) to watch every Iowa wrestling event. Or even worse, 30 years ago when it was free but you only got to see them about 4 times per year and even those were largely on tape delay instead of live.

No one is forcing you to watch them all. The majority of events are on live TV which is amazing. Throw in a cheap sub service (BTN+) that gives you access to other Iowa sports as well and you’ve got like 90% of the season covered. It’s pretty sweet actually.
This. $65 covers the entire season and you can watch most of the other BiG matches and 10‘s as well

Good point.

Reactions: Grip220
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT