ADVERTISEMENT

2021-22 Iowa Wrestling Media Guide

Yeah, thanks for posting this.

I have looked at different sites and tried to find the best source for the information, but can't find anything good enough. Does anyone have a ranking of these guys as they were recruited?

We know Spencer Lee, for example, was the #1 P4P recruit in the country. He was obviously also #1 at his weight. Is that information about more recent recruits out there?

I ask because if you go on football or basketball, there are stars and rankings from 5.1 to 6.1, and such, as well as position rankings, etc. I didn't know if wrestling did something similar?

THE HERMENATOR

I have looked at different sites and tried to find the best source for the information, but can't find anything good enough. Does anyone have a ranking of these guys as they were recruited?

We know Spencer Lee, for example, was the #1 P4P recruit in the country. He was obviously also #1 at his weight. Is that information about more recent recruits out there?

I ask because if you go on football or basketball, there are stars and rankings from 5.1 to 6.1, and such, as well as position rankings, etc. I didn't know if wrestling did something similar?

THE HERMENATOR

I will only supply this if you learn how to spell your own username correctly in your signature.

THE HERMENATOR
I know you can find the old big boards if you're registered with Flo. The open mat website has rankings that date back quite a few years, you can type in the search bar on their site and find them. For example for Spencer's senior year, I searched 2017 high school rankings and they had rankings on April 5th, which were the final rankings for that season. https://news.theopenmat.com/high-sc...idual-wrestling-rankings-april-5th-2017/62633

I know you can find the old big boards if you're registered with Flo. The open mat website has rankings that date back quite a few years, you can type in the search bar on their site and find them. For example for Spencer's senior year, I searched 2017 high school rankings and they had rankings on April 5th, which were the final rankings for that season. https://news.theopenmat.com/high-sc...idual-wrestling-rankings-april-5th-2017/62633
3 ncs in 152 weight class, 2 ncs in the 160 weight class

I notice of the ten wrestlers they have on the cover, Abe Assad is on there and not Nelson Brands.

Reactions: andegre
I notice of the ten wrestlers they have on the cover, Abe Assad is on there and not Nelson Brands.
It's been discussed here already. Those are the All-Americans, which Assad was awarded as part of the Wuhan Flu cancellation (I don't know exactly how they did it, 1st Team, 2nd Team apparently, but they did something along that line when it got canceled and Assad was a 2nd Team AA as the 11 seed - I still have 8 tickets for every session in a drawer, not sure why, but I haven't tossed them yet).

Reactions: T8KUDWN and LIV4GOD
I've added every Hawkcentral wrestling article since 2008 into a word document. Here's what I found for ranking for each starter in their senior High School class:

Lee#1
DeSanto#35
Eierman#39
Murin#27
Young#21
Marinelli#3
Kemerer#16
Assad#13
Warner#8
Cassioppi#28

I've added every Hawkcentral wrestling article since 2008 into a word document. Here's what I found for ranking for each starter in their senior High School class:

Lee#1
DeSanto#35
Eierman#39
Murin#27
Young#21
Marinelli#3
Kemerer#16
Assad#13
Warner#8
Cassioppi#28
Thank you!

I thought Young and Kemerer were less heralded than their rankings say. I think Patrick Kennedy was also in the top 5 in his class.

Looking for AA to have nothing short of an AA year.

THE HERMENATOR

Reactions: acuhawk

Lee#1
DeSanto#35
Eierman#39
Murin#27
Young#21
Marinelli#3
Kemerer#16
Assad#13
Warner#8
Cassioppi#28
Strong work. Thanks for taking the time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT