ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting (1 Schollie Available): JBo back. Filip Rebraca, Riley Mulvey & Payton Sandfort have Signed

Before tonight, Iowa had 2 scholarships available for 2021 (to replace Garza and JBo). If Weezy leaves, that number could increase to 3.

Therefore, at least ONE scholarship remains for 2021.

Will Fran fill it?

OK. Well so far I've seen Payton described as a bigger and longer Fredrick and a bigger Wieskamp, but a better shooter. If he's all that, he's going to be a heckuva player for the Hawks.

Reactions: Franisdaman
No doubt. Anyone have the scoop on the bro?
Answered my own question per 247sports:

"There's another Sandfort that the Iowa staff is interested in. Little brother Pryce is coming off a freshman year where he averaged eight points per game and shot 45 percent from beyond the arc on varsity. Heading into his freshman season, Pryce was listed at about 6-foot-3, but then has since shot up to the 6-foot-6 range similar to his older brother. "

What happened to all those 4-star bigs that supposedly had interest in Iowa? It's not like the Hawks have a heir apparent to Luka. You would think we should have been able to convince one of them to join a top ten team with a center that excels in the system, but who will be gone next season.

What happened to all those 4-star bigs that supposedly had interest in Iowa? It's not like the Hawks have a heir apparent to Luka. You would think we should have been able to convince one of them to join a top ten team with a center that excels in the system, but who will be gone next season.
The one went with Iona.

Answered my own question per 247sports:

"There's another Sandfort that the Iowa staff is interested in. Little brother Pryce is coming off a freshman year where he averaged eight points per game and shot 45 percent from beyond the arc on varsity. Heading into his freshman season, Pryce was listed at about 6-foot-3, but then has since shot up to the 6-foot-6 range similar to his older brother. "

I always like 2:1 deals

Do guys named Chet come to Iowa?
images

My grandson played that sizzle team a few years back. That team was loaded! Chet looked as a freshman to have no problem finishing. And played tough for a freshman. The blackeye he was wearing made him look tough even though he was probably only 6' 11' and maybe 170 lbs. I'd love to see the guy pick the Hawks.

Atkinson would be a great get since post depth could be scarce next year behind Nunge. We don't know where Ogundele might be in his development and the '21 class does not include a big. Relationships with the coaching staff and fit on the roster are most important to land a transfer, but Iowa and Garza lighting it up the rest of the season wouldn't hurt Iowa's chances either.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Atkinson would be a great get since post depth could be scarce next year behind Nunge. We don't know where Ogundele might be in his development and the '21 class does not include a big. Relationships with the coaching staff and fit on the roster are most important to land a transfer, but Iowa and Garza lighting it up the rest of the season wouldn't hurt Iowa's chances either.
Paul had 3 offers coming out of HS: Harvard, Princeton, and Virginia Tech

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT