ADVERTISEMENT

2021 Recruiting (1 Schollie Available): JBo back. Filip Rebraca, Riley Mulvey & Payton Sandfort have Signed

Hopefully no transfers. Freshmen aren't playing much. Hopefully they can remain patient.
this is a free year for them; they will still have 4 years plus a redshirt, if they want it

I think they all know who the top 8 or 9 are in the rotation & that this team could end up winning big time. Like you said, hopefully they all know that this year, for them, is to get better & to enjoy the ride.

Reactions: Jonnymungo
this is a free year for them; they will still have 4 years plus a redshirt, if they want it

I think they all know who the top 8 or 9 are in the rotation & that this team could end up winning big time. Like you said, hopefully they all know that this year, for them, is to get better & to enjoy the ride.

I am sure all of this has been communicated to the freshmen, but as college students, they might process this differently than we do. lol

Reactions: kceasthawk
He definitely fooled a lot of top notch teams who offered him. Are you sure ISU isn't pursuing him?
If this was a question for me I don't think so. From the little bit or research I did it seems Illinois and Kentucky have both reached out.

So he's till fooling people who believe, unlike you, that he can play at a major league level.

I know that your 2 thru 12 are pretty talented, at least that's what you declared to us, but are you sure you couldn't use a 5* big?

So he's till fooling people who believe, unlike you, that he can play at a major league level.

I know that your 2 thru 12 are pretty talented, at least that's what you declared to us, but are you sure you couldn't use a 5* big?
I will eat my crow and say I was wrong on that. But Conditt outplayed Baker last season. In all honesty do you want someone who Conditt go the best of?

Baker is going to Nevada

I didn't watch a lot of Texas hoops but I was also unimpressed with what I saw. I had no idea he was a 5*.

Does anyone know why he wanted to leave Texas? He loved his teammates/coaches and Texas was his dream school.

Thanks for eating your crow. We are pretty solid right now. What are your early impressions of Xavier Foster? I have only watched your game against us.

I didn't watch a lot of Texas hoops but I was also unimpressed with what I saw. I had no idea he was a 5*.

Does anyone know why he wanted to leave Texas? He loved his teammates/coaches and Texas was his dream school.

Thanks for eating your crow. We are pretty solid right now. What are your early impressions of Xavier Foster? I have only watched your game against us.
My guess is he just wants more playing time. I think Foster needs more playing time. Young and Conditt have been disappointments this year and should not be playing in front of him.

Reactions: Hawkfan_08
My guess is he just wants more playing time. I think Foster needs more playing time. Young and Conditt have been disappointments this year and should not be playing in front of him.

Thanks, that was certainly not a shot at Iowa St. by any means. Just curious to see what you all thought of him. I'm still on the fence.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted him at Iowa and he would play next year for sure.

Thanks, that was certainly not a shot at Iowa St. by any means. Just curious to see what you all thought of him. I'm still on the fence.

Don't get me wrong, I wanted him at Iowa and he would play next year for sure.
Its seems bigs take a bit longer to develop compared to guards. Hopefully a real full off season will do him good. Most Iowa State fans want him starting and if not playing a lot more.

These two 2021 players are still sitting in "verbal" status with other programs ...any chance Fran is trying to flip either of them?

Trey James

Micawber Etienne

🤔
Well, I know that all of the recruiting experts had Trey James heading to IOwA.

But then Big Dick Pitino of IOnA showed up & convinced him to commit there

I am sure it was all on the up and up :(

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
EDIT: We are down to 2 players with Iowa offers who have not yet committed. I am guessing we are done with the 2021 class. :)

Last edited:
October 4, 2020 UPDATE & Where things stand

For the 2021 Class, Iowa had 2 scholarships available (to replace Garza and JBo). If Weezy leaves, that number could increase to 3.

Payton took one of those 2 (or 3) scholarships.

Here are the 8 Players Iowa has offered for 2021 where the player is still UNDECIDED. Do we land one of these 8? Or is Iowa done?

Andrew Morgan
Not Rated, 6'9" PF, 230, Waseca MN
6 offers

Chet Holmgren
5 Star, 7'0", C, 190, Minneapolis, MN
32 offers

Micawber Etienne
4 Star, C, 6'10", 220, Wolfeboro, NH
12 offers

Hunter Sallis
5 Star, PG, 6'5", 175, Omaha, NE
31 offers

Lynn Greer III
3 Star, PG, 6'1", 165, Bradenton, FL
13 offers

Blake Wesley
4 Star, SG, 6'5", 180, South Bend, IN
14 offers

Bryce Hopkins
4 Star, SF, 6'6", 210, Oak Park, IL
16 offers

Daniel Nixon
3 Star, SF, 6'7", 215, Winston-Salem, NC
18 offers

ORIGINAL POST

Here is some info on Trey James and Kuluel Mading.

Some video of Kuluel:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13662861/Kuluel-Mading

@Eternal Return I guess you were not following this thread

Last edited:
Reactions: Eternal Return
October 4, 2020 UPDATE & Where things stand

For the 2021 Class, Iowa had 2 scholarships available (to replace Garza and JBo). If Weezy leaves, that number could increase to 3.

Payton took one of those 2 (or 3) scholarships.

Here are the 8 Players Iowa has offered for 2021 where the player is still UNDECIDED. Do we land one of these 8? Or is Iowa done?

Andrew Morgan
Not Rated, 6'9" PF, 230, Waseca MN
6 offers

Chet Holmgren
5 Star, 7'0", C, 190, Minneapolis, MN
32 offers

Micawber Etienne
4 Star, C, 6'10", 220, Wolfeboro, NH
12 offers

Hunter Sallis
5 Star, PG, 6'5", 175, Omaha, NE
31 offers

Lynn Greer III
3 Star, PG, 6'1", 165, Bradenton, FL
13 offers

Blake Wesley
4 Star, SG, 6'5", 180, South Bend, IN
14 offers

Bryce Hopkins
4 Star, SF, 6'6", 210, Oak Park, IL
16 offers

Daniel Nixon
3 Star, SF, 6'7", 215, Winston-Salem, NC
18 offers

ORIGINAL POST

Here is some info on Trey James and Kuluel Mading.

Some video of Kuluel:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/13662861/Kuluel-Mading

@unoHawkeye

You said that Fran likes unbalanced classes and insinuated he just wanted 1 commit from this class.

I disagree.

As we all know, we have 2, maybe 3 players leaving in May.
* We landed Payton
* Fran was going hard after Trey James, as one example; and then Dick Pitino stepped in.
* Fran had many scholarship offers out there, as you can see in the orig post & in this thread; those players imply committed elsewhere.
* Virtual tours suck; getting the prospect on campus is key.

But I agree; if a transfer portal big shows up and there's mutual interest, I could see Fran taking a look & possibly signing him.

@unoHawkeye

You said that Fran likes unbalanced classes and insinuated he just wanted 1 commit from this class.

I disagree.

As we all know, we have 2, maybe 3 players leaving in May.
* We landed Payton
* Fran was going hard after Trey James, as one example; and then Dick Pitino stepped in.
* Fran had many scholarship offers out there, as you can see in the orig post & in this thread; those players imply committed elsewhere.
* Virtual tours suck; getting the prospect on campus is key.

But I agree; if a transfer portal big shows up and there's mutual interest, I could see Fran taking a look & possibly signing him.
I don’t know what Fran’s intentions are. I just said that I could see him banking a scholly or two because of the size of the ‘20 class... it wasn’t a prediction. Big man aside (and depending on OG’s development maybe there’s not even a huge need here), Iowa doesn’t have a pressing need for the immediate future at any position, so there’s no reason to go reaching for anything when you can just continue to develop relationships in the following class.

Obviously if there is somebody Fran really wants, I’d trust his judgement as far as accepting a commitment

Gotta get another big somewhere, probably a transfer. I know it's still early on Josh but he does not appear to have "it". I hope he comes around and loses the weight he needs to lose and show a little enthusiasm for the game

I don’t know what Fran’s intentions are. I just said that I could see him banking a scholly or two because of the size of the ‘20 class... it wasn’t a prediction. Big man aside (and depending on OG’s development maybe there’s not even a huge need here), Iowa doesn’t have a pressing need for the immediate future at any position, so there’s no reason to go reaching for anything when you can just continue to develop relationships in the following class.

Obviously if there is somebody Fran really wants, I’d trust his judgement as far as accepting a commitment

Regarding his intentions, Fran knows that after Payton he has 1 (maybe 2, depending on Weezy's decision) scholarships left. He made several offers & did several virtual tours with prospects. He just struck out several times.

I just think kids are staying closer to home AND if a kid was able to get in visits to other schools before the pandemic, that school had an advantage over Iowa.

i hope we get lucky with a transfer portal big.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT