ADVERTISEMENT

2021 QB Prospect?

hawkquiz

HR All-State
Jan 27, 2007
I haven't heard much on 2021 QB prospects that we sit well with. Just thought I'd ask since we've had this great run this week.
I would think we will be taking one in the class

I haven't heard much on 2021 QB prospects that we sit well with. Just thought I'd ask since we've had this great run this week.
I would think we will be taking one in the class

That’s because we don’t sit well with any of them.

Waiting for my post concerning recruiting to be deleted without explanation as has happened on a few occasions... I have zero understanding as to why. I would not intentionally do anything to get them deleted.

I have zero inside info, but I remember Athan Kaliamanakis or whatever his name is who is verbally committed to Minnesota was high on Iowa once. I know Minnesota puts pressure on recruits to commit really early. I have always kinda wondered what happened there and if he may opt back into Iowa's camp. For all I know, Iowa's coaches may have pursued a different course. One can hope.

I also remember thinking in the last two recruiting cycles that we'd lost out on "all our QB targets", and then we ended up with really good ones somehow. Something will work out.

Waiting for my post concerning recruiting to be deleted without explanation as has happened on a few occasions... I have zero understanding as to why. I would not intentionally do anything to get them deleted.

I have zero inside info, but I remember Athan Kaliamanakis or whatever his name is who is verbally committed to Minnesota was high on Iowa once. I know Minnesota puts pressure on recruits to commit really early. I have always kinda wondered what happened there and if he may opt back into Iowa's camp. For all I know, Iowa's coaches may have pursued a different course. One can hope.

I also remember thinking in the last two recruiting cycles that we'd lost out on "all our QB targets", and then we ended up with really good ones somehow. Something will work out.
Kaliakmanis has been recruiting pretty hard for Minnesota, so I don't see that one happening.

Donaven McCulley is the only QB with an offer that has yet to decide. After that, it seems like there are a couple guys that Iowa has stayed in touch with, but even a couple of those have committed now like Hampton Fay to Michigan State and Finn Collins to Arizona State. Doesn't mean Iowa still couldn't swoop in with an offer later though regardless. Kyle Wickersham is one other QB we've done an article that remains undecided and still in contact with Iowa.

The last time Iowa went into a season without a QB commit they ended up with Spencer Petras after very nearly offering Trey Lance, who has been outstanding at North Dakota State. There will be some QBs available late whether it's senior year standouts or flipping a recruit committed elsewhere usually due to a coaching change.

ADVERTISEMENT