ADVERTISEMENT

2022-2023 Roster (Connor is Back): 11 on Scholarship, 2 Scholarships Remain, 4 Walk Ons

Connor is a great piece for this roster. He's like an insurance policy in that he provides experienced depth on both the frontline and in the guard court. He is unselfish, team oriented, and as has been noted many times he's a coach on the floor. He stepped back from a starting spot and sacrificed for this team.

In addition this is the first off season in his career that will be dedicated solely to working on his basketball game. No baseball time commitments. He is also apparently healthy for the first time in an off season in some time. He won't start....but he is a great piece in the roster.

Connor is a great piece for this roster. He's like an insurance policy in that he provides experienced depth on both the frontline and in the guard court. He is unselfish, team oriented, and as has been noted many times he's a coach on the floor. He stepped back from a starting spot and sacrificed for this team.

In addition this is the first off season in his career that will be dedicated solely to working on his basketball game. No baseball time commitments. He is also apparently healthy for the first time in an off season in some time. He won't start....but he is a great piece in the roster.
Are we sure getting an inefficient player back to play big minutes is good? He is Taking minutes away from the young guys that have a lot higher ceiling. If we want him as a coach then hire him as a coach lol.

This interview was prior to yesterday's team banquet.

Filip was going to the Rec Center but isn't anymore because he wants to up the competition. ;)

He hopes to get back to Serbia next month.

Lots of interesting comments from the man who started every game last season.

Watch here:

Love Filip's attitude and sounds like he's working his ass off. I'm sure he's well aware that Fran is looking to bring in competition for his spot this off-season. Honestly, the end of the world isn't falling if we miss out on some of the better transfer Bigs, Filip held his own for rebounding and defense towards the end of the year.

Reactions: topherchris20

A glue guy that is inefficient, sweet Fran. Unless these stats are wrong 👀👀
Glue guy is just another term for a guy who could be doing the same exact thing on the bench holding a clipboard

So, according to you two, Jon of CBS Sports is an idiot and you 2 know what you are talking about?

Thanks for the laugh.

Disagree all you want but the numbers don't lie. Joe T had the best assist to turnover ratio on the team.

Much of the improvement occurred due to better rebounding this season. Could have partially been due to Perkins being a better rebounder than Joe T but really just looked like the whole team made more of a concerted effort. Both rebounding and defense became more of a team focus which seemed to lead to the turnaround.

Anyhoo, Joe is gone. Hopefully Ulis can improved greatly in the off season and Bowen can be a surprising freshman.
He also lead the team in TO while being sixth in time played. His TO rate was twice that of JBo

The white knights of Fran and Iowa Basketball showing up lol. You know you can think an Iowa player is horrible or disagree with Fran once in awhile.

Reactions: Bro D
I truly dont understand the Connor people. I like the kid (adult) but jfc people. Truly mind-boggling

Reactions: BrunoMars420
Are you talking to me? Let me guess, you are excited to watch a guy who offers nothing but GLUE take minutes from Ulis and Sandfort next season? Some of you people are dumb AF

giphy.gif

Are we sure getting an inefficient player back to play big minutes is good? He is Taking minutes away from the young guys that have a lot higher ceiling. If we want him as a coach then hire him as a coach lol.
Absolutely we are getting a very efficient player....I feel sorry if you can't see this like Perry and a lot of others in the lounge anyway are saying. You are outnumbered for a reason.... a lot of posters are just trolling anyway.

As perry said....playing two sports in college and very well btw, should tell everyone the kind of athlete Connor is....try it someday. The kid is talented...can't you see that? Plus, because he so dang active in not just one but Two D-1 sports, his activity and risk is higher to get bumps, bruises, injuries which he's had and has been recovering from.....

Too many of these players play hurt and we hardly hear about a lot of those injuries but it impacts their play. Cue 20/21 NCAA tourny. That's Connor playing injured but he's not alone.

Lastly, Connor is an incredibly, smart (in class and BB) cerebral player....when the ball is in his hands, his handles, I don't worry about some other physical guard, forward monopolizing the ball, his play or decisions.....it's all good.

Last edited:
Plays 25 minutes in the NCAA tournament. More minutes than Kris, Uhlis, Sandfort, Toussaint and Perkins. Scores zero points. But he's smart! Glue!

JFC lol.. ok, back to work. You people are banaynays

Connor playing around 15 minutes/game doesn’t bother me in the least. We would be having a different conversation if he was still getting 2019-2020 type minutes. But Ol’ nepotism Fran has cut those minutes in almost half since that point.

He shot right a little over the NCAA average for three, doesn’t make a ton of mistakes, and gives solid minutes when called upon.

A lot the Connor…..dislike is personal because of hatred for Fran. Whatever floats your boat. Fran has done a solid job at Iowa. I appreciate what he’s done and honestly I hope he stays until he retires.

I would like to see more post season success (finally found some in the BTT this year) I think/hope Bowen/Perkins are the types of guards to who can help a team make a run. Adding a big for rebounding and rim protection would also help quite a bit.

Advice--don't be such a douche bag online where comments like this are all you are left with
The fact you're dying on the Connor McCaffery hill is all I need to know about you and the other special kind of stupid on here. Enjoy your day/night/weeekend in the basement

2.5/2.5/1.9 with 35%/72% shooting splits. This is not good guys haha. I’m sure he is a great kid but ball don’t lie. You Fran white knights keep drinking the spiked kool-aid

He is without a doubt the biggest douche canoe I've ever come across online.. which is quite the accomplishment because this internet thing is pretty big and full of 'em
BTW, you can change your signature now unless you think Joe is being held at WVU...

Reactions: Franisdaman
He also lead the team in TO while being sixth in time played. His TO rate was twice that of JBo
He did. But also had all those assists to offset them. Not to mention leading the team in steals as well. So when you look at the whole picture, did Joe T make some bad turnovers? Yes. Did he make up for them in other aspects? I think so.

As I said, I hope Ulis makes a leap before next season. We're going to need him. I know people think Bowen is going to step directly into a PG starting role but I'm skeptical of that. It is just very rare for a freshman to be able to step into the most difficult position on the floor and play well.

The fact you're dying on the Connor McCaffery hill is all I need to know about you and the other special kind of stupid on here. Enjoy your day/night/weeekend in the basement

Now you are just embarrassing yourself, which is not surprising because you embarrass yourself a lot, where you end up eventually apologizing for your stupid behavior.

Simply read the posts on this page. We are all not just telling you that you are wrong but we are explaining to you why you are wrong.

Last edited:
Lose a lot of offense and shooting from the team, good to get Connor back to help with that. Nice to be able to get a top PG like Connor back, better than anyone in the transfer portal.

Nice for Fran to get to start both of his sons, not many coaches get that opportunity at this level
The one thing Connor does well is take care of the ball. His leadership in teaching the younger players to value each possession will be important.

Reactions: BBHawk
Now you are just embarrassing yourself., which is not surprising because you embarrass yourself a lot, where you end up eventually apologizing for your stupid behavior.

Simply read the posts on this page. We are all not just telling you that you are wrong but we are explaining to you why you are wrong.
I apologize because I feel bad calling anyone names.. then I think about it and what a gigantic turd you are and then I feel bad that I even felt bad in the first place.

You are explaining why I'm wrong because Jon Rothstein said he was a glue guy? GTFO lol

Reactions: topherchris20
BTW, you can change your signature now unless you think Joe is being held at WVU...
Oh shit, forgot I had one of those lol. Thaaaaaaaaaanks

Looking forward to watching Joe T at WVU. He is gonna kill it. Thankfully we have our glue guy back though

I apologize because I feel bad calling anyone names.. then I think about it and what a gigantic turd you are and then I feel bad that I even felt bad in the first place.

You are explaining why I'm wrong because Jon Rothstein said he was a glue guy? GTFO lol

Like I said, it's funny that you call anyone a turd when seeing the crap you consistently post.

And, again, Its not just Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports who sees Connor's value and thinks you are 100% wrong.

@EduNeerHawk wrote above that he, Perry and many others are discussing in the Lounge why it's good that Connor will be back. He said that you are outnumbered for a reason.

And its very clear in this thread that these posters are all glad to see Connor back: @MikeyHawk @perryhawk @chaneccooms @TheTruthTheWholeTruth @WadeLookingbill @BBHawk @Mohawkeye @EduNeerHawk @Longgrover1

You and @BrunoMars420 are going to die on that hill together.

• Haha
Reactions: perryhawk and Bro D
Like I said, it's funny that you call anyone a turd when seeing the crap you consistently post.

And, again, Its not just Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports who sees Connor's value and thinks you are 100% wrong.

@EduNeerHawk wrote above that he, Perry and many others are discussing in the Lounge why it's good that Connor will be back. He said that you are outnumbered for a reason.

And its very clear in this thread that these posters are all glad to see Connor back: @MikeyHawk @perryhawk @chaneccooms @TheTruthTheWholeTruth @WadeLookingbill @BBHawk @Mohawkeye @EduNeerHawk @Longgrover1

You and @BrunoMars420 are going to die on that hill together.
Such a weird flex to tag posters from the lounge and in this thread to confirm your biased opinion. I’m sure you all will be singing the same tune once the season starts. I wonder what would happen if someone tagged all the posters that think Connor is a below avg basketball player? I wonder if it’s just me and @Bro D like Fran is suggesting here.

Such a weird flex to tag posters from the lounge and in this thread to confirm your biased opinion. I’m sure you all will be singing the same tune once the season starts. I wonder what would happen if someone tagged all the posters that think Connor is a below avg basketball player? I wonder if it’s just me and @Bro D like Fran is suggesting here.

I only tagged people in this thread.

You don't get much right, do you?

Reactions: perryhawk
I disagree. He was undoubtedly fast, but it was good and bad. I personally don’t think we’ll miss much from him transferring. I feel like Ulis can be very good. I’m excited to see him get more minutes.
It's a fact, look at the numbers, he averaged more assists than turnovers. You can't disagree with facts. Well you can but you just look stupid.

You keep mentioning the lounge so I assumed that. My bad for not going through a 4 page thread to see the opinion of each poster. You’re a weird cuss Fran

I only mentioned the Lounge once, not several times, as you suggest.

You assumed? Not surprised.

You did not have to go through all 4 pages; I told you to simply look at this page.

You don't get anything right, do you?

• Haha
Reactions: BrunoMars420
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT