ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Eligibility Tracker

NCHawkeye24

HR MVP
Apr 19, 2021
I wanted to compile a list of players that are either on the 2-deeps this year or are contributors and track how many years of eligibility they have after this season is complete. As far as I understand it, 2020 did not count at all, neither for counting as a year played or toward the 5 years to play 4. This list is not a predictor of who uses their eligibility or who doesn't.

Players that have no more eligibility following the 2021 season:

Vanvalkenburg
Shudak
Hankins
X. Williams

Offense

QB: Petras – 2 years
Padilla – 3 years
Labas – 4 years

RB:

IKM – 1 year
Goodson – 2 years
G. Williams – 3 years
L. Williams – 4 years

WR:

Jones – 1 year
Ragaini – 2 years
Tracy – 2 years
Johnson – 3 years
Bruce – 3 years
TE: LaPorta – 2 years
Lachey – 3 years
Yelverton – 4 years

OL:

Schott – 1 year
Linderbaum – 2 years
Ince – 2 years
Plumb – 2 years
Britt – 2 years
Colby - 3 years
Dejong – 3 years
Richman – 3 years

Defense

DL:

Evans – 2 years
Waggoner – 2 years
Shannon – 2 years
Lee – 3 years
VanNess – 3 years
Craig – 3 years
Black – 3 years
Hurkett – 4 years
Logan Jones – 4 years

LB: Campbell – 2 years
Benson – 2 years
Jacobs – 3 years
Higgins – 3 years

DB:

Moss – 1 years
Koerner – 1 year
Roberts – 2 years
Belton – 2 years
Merriweather – 2 years
Harris – 3 years
Schulte – 3 years

Special Teams

Taylor – 3 years

I tell you what...our defense is going to be nasty. Next years schedule is a bitch...but we will be in most games that's for sure. Sure...Campbell, Moss, and Belton's decisions will be difficult...but I could also see them all coming back too. Moss being the DB of the Year may alter his thinking though. Regardless there is so much depth on the DL and I think we have some young LBs that step up if Campbell leaves. Jacobs goes to the middle, which is his natural position anyway.

We have to hit the portal for an Offensive Tackle. I think Richmond will have a great year next year and will make huge strides in the offseason...just size and strength. You have to address the other tackle position in my opinion and get some depth. I know there are a ton of highly rated recruits, but you can't throw another redshirt freshman out there. Unless they are Tristan Wirfs, the good teams in the B10 will exploit them.

There are some very, very good OTs in the transfer portal every year...upperclassmen that want to play on a winning team. Please go after them.

Reactions: hexumhawk
I was told by someone close to the Moss family at the start of the year that this was Riley's last season. We will see if that has changed after his injury but my guess is he is gone.

I'd be shocked if Linderbaum comes back; just too much money to pass up.

I was told by someone close to the Moss family at the start of the year that this was Riley's last season. We will see if that has changed after his injury but my guess is he is gone.

I'd be shocked if Linderbaum comes back; just too much money to pass up.
Never want injuries obviously but it sure seemed to help DB depth to have lots of quality snaps for backups before next season.

I just think about the DLine we will have next year...wow. These guys were the surprise of the season IMO, and it's not even close. Nobody pushed them around...Minnesota maybe, but that was more scheme related and not being prepped for some outside pitch action...they shored it up at the half. Wisconsin ran ok, but they didn't hurt us like it was projected. Michigan had a few big plays in the running game...and wore us down late when the game was in hand.

All these guys will be 10 or 15 pounds heavier and stronger next year. That puts Black over 300 and Lee and Jones in the 290s. Shannon is already at close to 290. Van Ness, I hope stays around the 275 to 280 mark as he could actually play DE at that weight if he retains quickness. Pittman also could emerge as he has natural size at over 300 pounds already. Just a ton of great options at the DT position.

We will need Hurkett and Craig to make a leap in their play, but they are certainly on track. Between their 2nd and 3rd year on campus is when our DEs start to emerge and really impact the games. Reames has also shown some quick twitch. With Waggoner, Evans, Hurket, Craig, and Van Ness...you have 5 guys that are battle tested already. It's going to be a serious battle for playing time.

Phil with a deep DL is scary thing for an opponents offense. If the DL can push the pocket and get pressure with only 4...well...we are going to be really good. Now the offense needs to actually do something.

I tell you what...our defense is going to be nasty. Next years schedule is a bitch...but we will be in most games that's for sure. Sure...Campbell, Moss, and Belton's decisions will be difficult...but I could also see them all coming back too. Moss being the DB of the Year may alter his thinking though. Regardless there is so much depth on the DL and I think we have some young LBs that step up if Campbell leaves. Jacobs goes to the middle, which is his natural position anyway.

We have to hit the portal for an Offensive Tackle. I think Richmond will have a great year next year and will make huge strides in the offseason...just size and strength. You have to address the other tackle position in my opinion and get some depth. I know there are a ton of highly rated recruits, but you can't throw another redshirt freshman out there. Unless they are Tristan Wirfs, the good teams in the B10 will exploit them.

There are some very, very good OTs in the transfer portal every year...upperclassmen that want to play on a winning team. Please go after them.
I agree with you, the defense is going to be really good regardless of who leaves or who stays. Lots of depth and athleticism at all 3 levels. Offensively, I don't know where Goodson goes if is leaving, but if he does I don't think it is going to be a huge loss. Gavin Williams did a really good job and I think better between the tackles and ran harder. You never want to depend on a freshman, but Kaleb Johnson has the specs to be a contributor from day one. Even if Linderbaum leaves, you would have to think that the line as a whole will be better just having another year in the program. I agree, a transfer here or two would be great. I don't know what is going on with a third TE, but LaPorta and Lachey will be solid. I would love to get a big portal receiver to go along with KJ and AB.

Looking at the schedule though, we play both ISU and Minnesota at the beginning of the season and both of those teams are losing a lot of players. Even if we don't change much in the offseason and bring back what we have, you would have to think we have a better team here. Purdue loses a lot too as well as both of their mismatches and both of their quarterbacks in O'Connell and Plummer. They always scheme us up and it is at their place so who knows. But NW, Rutgers, Illinois, although may improve, are in full rebuild mode and a lot would have to change for them to be favored to beat the Hawks. Nebraska will be a wild card, OSU will be unbeatable at their place and as far as Michigan, I think we will be more competitive but we need to improve in places to beat them.

That leaves us with Wisconsin. They lose a lot too, but, its Wisconsin and with their running game I could see them 9-0 before they play OSU. But they will lose that game as we will. If we lose to OSU and Michigan, manage to win at Purdue and then win the games we should, we could be 8-2 before we play 9-1 Wisconsin, so the winner of that game, at Kinnick, determines the west. Iowa would still have to beat Nebraska, but that scenario is a plausible one.

I just think about the DLine we will have next year...wow. These guys were the surprise of the season IMO, and it's not even close. Nobody pushed them around...Minnesota maybe, but that was more scheme related and not being prepped for some outside pitch action...they shored it up at the half. Wisconsin ran ok, but they didn't hurt us like it was projected. Michigan had a few big plays in the running game...and wore us down late when the game was in hand.

All these guys will be 10 or 15 pounds heavier and stronger next year. That puts Black over 300 and Lee and Jones in the 290s. Shannon is already at close to 290. Van Ness, I hope stays around the 275 to 280 mark as he could actually play DE at that weight if he retains quickness. Pittman also could emerge as he has natural size at over 300 pounds already. Just a ton of great options at the DT position.

We will need Hurkett and Craig to make a leap in their play, but they are certainly on track. Between their 2nd and 3rd year on campus is when our DEs start to emerge and really impact the games. Reames has also shown some quick twitch. With Waggoner, Evans, Hurket, Craig, and Van Ness...you have 5 guys that are battle tested already. It's going to be a serious battle for playing time.

Phil with a deep DL is scary thing for an opponents offense. If the DL can push the pocket and get pressure with only 4...well...we are going to be really good. Now the offense needs to actually do something.
To add to the DL, if I remember correctly that the player that was getting the most buzz was Logan Jones, who should be coming back. We also have Aaron Graves coming in, who already has the size and the mentality that he is going to get in there right away. Talk about loaded.

Reactions: HungryHawk
On top of going after a portal OT I really think they need to go after a large (6'3" or bigger) WR to give us a size option for different routes.

ADVERTISEMENT