ADVERTISEMENT

2022 immigration numbers

ihhawk

HR Legend
Feb 4, 2004
Fort Lauderdale

According to an April filing in Texas v. Biden, CBP encountered 221,303 illegal migrants at the Southwest border last month, bringing total encounters there to just fewer than 1.06 million for just the first half of FY 2022. Worse, DHS released more than 80,000 of those migrants into the interior last month, raising the total number of migrant illegal releases under the Biden administration to 836,225. While it seems the White House doesn’t have a plan to stem the surge of aliens crossing the border illegally, the truth may be much more complicated.

While CIS and its position within the Tanton network have been on the Southern Poverty Law Center’s (SPLC) radar for years, what precipitated listing CIS as an anti-immigrant hate group for 2016 was its repeated circulation of white nationalist and antisemitic writers in its weekly newsletter and the commissioning of a policy analyst who had previously been pushed out of the conservative Heritage Foundation for his embrace of racist pseudoscience. These developments, its historical associations and its record of publishing reports that hype the criminality of immigrants are why CIS is labeled an anti-immigrant hate group.

According to an April filing in Texas v. Biden, CBP encountered 221,303 illegal migrants at the Southwest border last month, bringing total encounters there to just fewer than 1.06 million for just the first half of FY 2022. Worse, DHS released more than 80,000 of those migrants into the interior last month, raising the total number of migrant illegal releases under the Biden administration to 836,225. While it seems the White House doesn’t have a plan to stem the surge of aliens crossing the border illegally, the truth may be much more complicated.
Just curious....does massive ILLEGAL immigration contribute to inflation? This should be good! 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: NCHawk5
While CIS and its position within the Tanton network have been on the Southern Poverty Law Center’s (SPLC) radar for years, what precipitated listing CIS as an anti-immigrant hate group for 2016 was its repeated circulation of white nationalist and antisemitic writers in its weekly newsletter and the commissioning of a policy analyst who had previously been pushed out of the conservative Heritage Foundation for his embrace of racist pseudoscience. These developments, its historical associations and its record of publishing reports that hype the criminality of immigrants are why CIS is labeled an anti-immigrant hate group.

Are the numbers cited by homeland security fake? I just needed a link to see the numbers. You want me to post the abc news link ? Will that make you feel better when you ignore the data?

Reactions: Hondo_11

The article has good numbers on border encounters (although it doesn’t say the definition of encounter is people found to be inadmissible via title 8 or expelled via title 42).

But it has no link to support the numbers for releases into the interior. I’ve been looking for awhile and can’t find any stats on it. Does anybody have the data to support the article? TIA.

19TT54_AS02

Are the numbers cited by homeland security fake? I just needed a link to see the numbers. You want me to post the abc news link ? Will that make you feel better when you ignore the data?
Stop worrying about what massive liars like Ted Cruz tell you to believe. Do the opposite.

Here is a link to all the CBP data: https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats

My issue is that the “encounters” numbers are all of the people denied entry or expelled. So... border patrol keeping people out of the country. But I can find no data supporting the “releases to the interior” claims, and there is none in the article you linked, either.

so all you have really proven is that CBP is doing a better job of keeping people out. Which I think you would be in favor of. The rest of that article is unsubstantiated or opinion.

I never understand the criticism of Biden or Democrats on this stuff. Is it their fault that people are coming to the border and trying to immigrate?

What are your solutions to keep the people from coming to the border, if this is something you define as a problem? Randomly machine-gunning the other side of the border at random times?

??????

Reactions: ping72
I never understand the criticism of Biden or Democrats on this stuff. Is it their fault that people are coming to the border and trying to immigrate?

What are your solutions to keep the people from coming to the border, if this is something you define as a problem? Randomly machine-gunning the other side of the border at random times?

??????
Trumps plan was working.

• Haha
Reactions: Mpchillin

??????
Yes. Yes it is. They wouldn't be coming in masses if they thought they were going to be turned away and not treated exponentially better than they were in their home country the moment they touched US soil. We have never seen numbers like this because we have never had such a candy ass administration.

Anyone got any baby formula?

Yes. Yes it is. They wouldn't be coming in masses if they thought they were going to be turned away and not treated exponentially better than they were in their home country the moment they touched US soil. We have never seen numbers like this because we have never had such a candy ass administration.

Anyone got any baby formula?
So it's Biden's fault that America provides a better quality of life than their home country? Interesting take.

Just curious....does massive ILLEGAL immigration contribute to inflation? This should be good! 🤣

Honestly... it can go both ways. Inflation happens when demand outpaces supply. So more people could affect inflation.

However, if you have listened to Jerome Powell at all recently, he has said how his office can’t affect supply, and that covid, Ukraine, China, etc are all out of his control, so he has to be focused on curbing demand.

His top priority, then, is addressing the fact there are currently 2 jobs open for every 1 person looking. That’s driving up salaries and, in turn, prices for goods/housing/etc. So in that sense, having more workers in the country would help slow inflation.

So... it’s a push in our current situation?

• Haha
Trumps plan was working.
What was Trump's plan and what did he do differently than Biden in policy terms? One of the big issues many liberals have with Biden is that in practice he hasn't altered Trump's immigration policies.

Or are you just talking tone of rhetoric? Trump was a racist who pushed white replacement theory and that seeped down to potential immigrants that were then dissuaded from going to the border?

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT