ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Iowa Hype Video

giphy.gif

So many great players returning and they showcase Goodson? Just weird.
You can only play the Penn State pass so many times. It really should have been 90% defensive highlights but those aren't as inspiring. That's ok, this is the part of the season where we get to convince ourselves that Petras made himself into an All-American during the offseason and the offensive line learned to block and the receivers are orders of magnitude better than last year! Even if none of that is actually true.

Reactions: JerseyCityHawki
You can only play the Penn State pass so many times. It really should have been 90% defensive highlights but those aren't as inspiring. That's ok, this is the part of the season where we get to convince ourselves that Petras made himself into an All-American during the offseason and the offensive line learned to block and the receivers are orders of magnitude better than last year! Even if none of that is actually true.
Huh, what gets the blood pumping more than a big hit?

Another fail by the think tank we call our P.R. department.

Some strange arrangement of a song called "Separate Ways" that heavily featured a RB that left early, as well as a WR that had a blind-siding last-minute transfer to a division rival that's been a thorn in our side. And some of those shots were from 3 seasons ago. WTF! Sometimes I think they're just trolling us....

Loved it. I think some people in this thread missed Stranger Things and didn't realize the resurgence of the song. Plus it's a pep band staple. Anyway, some of those highlights made me think about how good we've had it since 2015. Hope the trend continues this year.

Loved it. I think some people in this thread missed Stranger Things and didn't realize the resurgence of the song. Plus it's a pep band staple. Anyway, some of those highlights made me think about how good we've had it since 2015. Hope the trend continues this year.
It doesn't take Stranger Things (sorry, but one of the more overrated things going) to remind me of that Journey song. Still a poor choice. How 'bout stop trying to be trendy and play off a TV show... make it about Iowa football.

Reactions: herkhatescy
Thats the thing I didn't like about the video, (which was cool), was so much of it was guys who are gone. We really didn't have that much turnover compared to other schools...
Agree. Not big on the song choice either myself. Id rather see Campbell as the first player as well.

Go Hawks.

LOL at people thinking this is the AD. From the video:

133 DAYS UNTIL HAWKEYE FOOTBALL IS BACK Disclaimer: although I edited all of this together, the individual clips and music are not mine. This video is strictly for entertainment purposes. Music: Stranger Things Season 4 Trailer Music - Journey – Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) Find me on Instagram @hawkeyecinematix

Another fail by the think tank we call our P.R. department.

Some strange arrangement of a song called "Separate Ways" that heavily featured a RB that left early, as well as a WR that had a blind-siding last-minute transfer to a division rival that's been a thorn in our side. And some of those shots were from 3 seasons ago. WTF! Sometimes I think they're just trolling us....
facepalm-really.gif

It doesn't take Stranger Things (sorry, but one of the more overrated things going) to remind me of that Journey song. Still a poor choice. How 'bout stop trying to be trendy and play off a TV show... make it about Iowa football.
Seemed to be plenty about Iowa football. How 'bout let this fan do what he/she wants and say thanks for the effort?

LOL at people thinking this is the AD. From the video:

133 DAYS UNTIL HAWKEYE FOOTBALL IS BACK Disclaimer: although I edited all of this together, the individual clips and music are not mine. This video is strictly for entertainment purposes. Music: Stranger Things Season 4 Trailer Music - Journey – Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) Find me on Instagram @hawkeyecinematix
I guess that's somewhat of a relief, but it's still kinda embarrassing. I doubt any Texas preseason hype video has footage of Casey Thompson or the USC hype video has footage of Kedon Slovis.

But, it looks like our P.R. dept. found a brilliant new mind to add into the mix if they're hiring. The only thing missing from that video were red pompons....

I guess that's somewhat of a relief, but it's still kinda embarrassing. I doubt any Texas preseason hype video has footage of Casey Thompson or the USC hype video has footage of Kedon Slovis.

But, it looks like our P.R. dept. found a brilliant new mind to add into the mix if they're hiring. The only thing missing from that video were red pompons....
It's embarrassing that a video from a fan content creator had old players in his video? The guy has like 500 subscribers and is probably still in college.

JFC, just take the L and move on. Doubling down on a stupid take isn't a good look.

Reactions: OILCHECKER
They can do/say whatever they want. Part II is optional.
Yep, when you put it out for the public, you only get to choose what you put out, not what people respond with. That needs to be instilled into more people these days...you can choose your action, not the reaction.

It's embarrassing that a video from a fan content creator had old players in his video? The guy has like 500 subscribers and is probably still in college.

JFC, just take the L and move on. Doubling down on a stupid take isn't a good look.
No thanks. Bad video. So much potential and just failed. I'm not the only one with that opinion. Having a different view than you doesn't make me stupid.

North DSM? Ouch! Sorry.

• Haha
Reactions: herkhatescy
No thanks. Bad video. So much potential and just failed. I'm not the only one with that opinion. Having a different view than you doesn't make me stupid.

North DSM? Ouch! Sorry.
You're stupid because you're too stupid to realize it wasn't put out by the Iowa AD, but some kid that likes to make videos in his free time. You're right though, you're not the only stupid person that was too stupid to realize that. Congrats on that.

Ankeny FWIW.

You're stupid because you're too stupid to realize it wasn't put out by the Iowa AD, but some kid that likes to make videos in his free time. You're right though, you're not the only stupid person that was too stupid to realize that. Congrats on that.

Ankeny FWIW.
hes-an-angry-elf-buddy-the-elf.gif

I'm not a fan of videos showing players who have moved on. In today's media World it's easy to find footage of players who will be part of 2022...especially 2 minutes and change worth of footage. That said, thanks for posting OP! Cheers and GO HAWKS!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT