ADVERTISEMENT

***2022 Kentucky Derby***

So funny story. I went into a local establishment here to pick up a pizza. They had a derby pool going so put in money to pick a horse out of a cup. They had already picked over the last week. I know them well so one of them said there was one left. Paid the money and got the winning horse. When I first picked it I was like oh shit this sucks.

Reactions: NDallasRuss
So funny story. I went into a local establishment here to pick up a pizza. They had a derby pool going so put in money to pick a horse out of a cup. They had already picked over the last week. I know them well so one of them said there was one left. Paid the money and got the winning horse. When I first picked it I was like oh shit this sucks.

How much did you winz from the pizza place?

As soon as I say a 45 second half mile I said…well…it’s gonna be a closer winning this thing. Epicenter ran a good race to stay there.

So was Rich Strike even a thought for you when he was entered on Friday?
He was in that I knew a bomb would hit somewhere which is why I played ALLs on the tickets. Not him specifically though. He did have the fourth highest closing speed on Brisnet so I believed if there was a pace meltdown (which there was) he’d have a shot at coming in the top four. Never had him winning though.

He was in that I knew a bomb would hit somewhere which is why I played ALLs on the tickets. Not him specifically though. He did have the fourth highest closing speed on Brisnet so I believed if there was a pace meltdown (which there was) he’d have a shot at coming in the top four. Never had him winning though.

Jockey did an amazing job - had some breaks too — which always helps. Great video here.

That was among the most exhilarating races I’ve ever seen. Longest shot in the field passes about a dozen horses over the final stretch to win at the end. Rich Strike is a legend!

Reactions: Tom Paris
From a bettor's perspective, my fingers are crossed that this horse runs in Baltimore
Will be interesting to see who comes back. Epicenter should run away with it because he's not gonna get that pace and if he does he can probably survive it. Messier might want to take a look as well. I could see Secret Oath taking a shot and being competitive. Ethereal Road, Smile Happy and Zandon will all probably make the trip. Zozos could be a good value if it gets a better post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT