ADVERTISEMENT

***2022 Kentucky Derby***

I am not in for ticket shares….I think we should buy an HROT racing horse though….who’s in? We can start a thread for naming suggestions, Im sure they will be….stellar….

I am not in for ticket shares….I think we should buy an HROT racing horse though….who’s in? We can start a thread for naming suggestions, Im sure they will be….stellar….

fwiw I just got an email from one of my syndicates this week that could make this happen

imagine the auction price we would pay with all of the high rollers on this board

Mind if I get in on this? Didn’t read the whole thread so wasn’t sure if this was open to anyone or just a select few. I’d be in for $100

Reactions: FAUlty Gator
Thanks again for doing this and looking forward to races tomorrow. How you feeling about the Oaks today?

When will you be locking in the bets?
I will wait until tomorrow to know for sure about the weather and if any more shares are bought. By noon for sure. A lot to think about now in terms of construction. We need to take a stand and I am committed to Epicenter. I've been on him from his first race and haven't seen anything to make me think if he gets the trip he wants he shouldn't win. The two Cali horses (Messier and Taiba) will also be heavily on there. You gotta take a stand somewhere. I wish they were better prices but when playing trifectas and superfectas you only need one bomb anywhere to make it a big day.

Example- In the 2018 Kentucky Derby, the $1 Trifecta paid $141. All favorites pretty much. The Superfecta? Paid $19,618. Just by having a huge longshot come in fourth. That's what we want. Of course, it will pay more in 3rd or second if we have it.

@FAUlty Gator

Thoughts on Cyberknife? Couple of the sharps say he can win.
Cox has a few good ones. I think Cyberknife has had the benefit of weaker fields.. He beat Oath Keeper in last race but after that not sure how good she it. If it wins and I'm wrong I wouldn't be overly surprised. Now if Oath Keep blows away Nest and Kathleen O today, Cyberknife upgrades for sure.

I think what really hurts him is that he's a stalker and is out there in the 16 post and is gonna be forced to take at least one turn wider than he wants. And if he doesn't he will be too far off the pace to win, IMO. Could pick up some late pieces but I like a few others. Wish I could use them all but I gotta take a stand.
If you or anyone else feel strongly about him or others, I have no problem using them. Seriously.

Cox has a few good ones. I think Cyberknife has had the benefit of weaker fields.. He beat Oath Keeper in last race but after that not sure how good she it. If it wins and I'm wrong I wouldn't be overly surprised. Now if Oath Keep blows away Nest and Kathleen O today, Cyberknife upgrades for sure.

I think what really hurts him is that he's a stalker and is out there in the 16 post and is gonna be forced to take at least one turn wider than he wants. And if he doesn't he will be too far off the pace to win, IMO. Could pick up some late pieces but I like a few others. Wish I could use them all but I gotta take a stand.
If you or anyone else feel strongly about him or others, I have no problem using them. Seriously.

Nope, I'm running with your recs unless someone comes over the top.

I don't know shit about dick when it comes to betting the horses. My rule is bet on the horses that have alcohol in their name somehow.

Nope, I'm running with your recs unless someone comes over the top.

I don't know shit about dick when it comes to betting the horses. My rule is bet on the horses that have alcohol in their name somehow.
My understanding is that you're supposed to look for the horse that goes to the bathroom right before the race, and bet on them.

PosterShares% ownedMoney
@FAUlty Gator510.42%
@coloradonoles510.42%
@St. Louis Hawk510.42%
@steelhawkeye510.42%
@Brian_Fantana510.42%
@NDallasRuss510.42%
@Derekd340836.25%
@NLHawkeye8836.25%
@ThorneStockton36.25%
@IaHawks0336.25%
@Greenway4Prez24.17%
@hawkeyez24.17%
Former Poster24.17%
Total Shares48100.00%$960.00

As of now, this is what I plan on doing. Had $18 left over so using Kathleen O today in Oaks/ Derby Double with Cyberknife and Mo to get a little coverage.

AmountBet TypeRunnersTotal Cost
5.00Tri Key Box3,6, w/ 1,5,7-12,15,16,19$330
2.00Superfecta3,6,9 w/ 3,6,9 w/ 1 w/ ALL$204
2.00Superfecta3,6,9 w/ 3,6,9 w/ALL w/ 1$204
2.00Superfecta3,6,9 w/ 1 w/ ALL w/ 3,6,9$204
Total Cost$942

Last edited:
Reactions: ThorneStockton
Wish I could use them all but I gotta take a stand.
I'm in because a) it's fun, and b) I trust your analyses far more than I'd trust anything I could hope to do on my own. I want you to put forward your best guesses and give it a shot. Baby Jeebus willing, we'll make a couple of bucks to cover the beer/liquor we'll drink while watching the races.

I'm in because a) it's fun, and b) I trust your analyses far more than I'd trust anything I could hope to do on my own. I want you to put forward your best guesses and give it a shot. Baby Jeebus willing, we'll make a couple of bucks to cover the beer/liquor we'll drink while watching the races.
We will make money if any of those hit. I can pretty much guarantee that. So here we go! Still not putting them in yet. Waiting on weather confirmation.

• Love
Reactions: NDallasRuss
As of now, this is what I plan on doing. Had $18 left over so using Kathleen O today in Oaks/ Derby Double with Cyberknife and Mo to get a little coverage.

AmountBet TypeRunnersTotal Cost
5.00Tri Key Box3,6, w/ 1,5,7-12,15,16,19$330
2.00Superfecta3,6,9 w/ 3,6,9 w/ 1 w/ ALL$204
2.00Superfecta3,6,9 w/ 3,6,9 w/ALL w/ 1$204
2.00Superfecta3,6,9 w/ 1 w/ ALL w/ 3,6,9$204
Total Cost$942

Fading Zandon altogether then? Is that because of bigger payouts or you don't like the horse?

(I don't know anything about any of these horses)

Fading Zandon altogether then? Is that because of bigger payouts or you don't like the horse?

(I don't know anything about any of these horses)
No. He’s on the Tri. That’s 7 through 12. He’s the 10. And have ALL on the supers so he in there. I like him. But for the Derby closers at short odds are a tough pull for me. Especially in 20 horse fields. I’d rather play a closer at longer odds. That's why I used Tiz the Bomb. Mo as well..but still not to win. If a close gets there then we can still have our front runners in the mix.

Reactions: hawkeyez
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT