ADVERTISEMENT

2022 PGA Championship moved from Trump National Golf Club

Pretty ballsy for a corporate entity like the PGA to move its premier annual event on relatively short notice. There are other venues of course.....but a year and a half is pretty short notice...and lots of work!

18 months is short time to line up a new course when there are a few dozen courses that have hosted it before/near big cities/would love to host it again?

Edit to add: I bet if you called up Oakland Hills or Pebble Beach they could host it tomorrow

Last edited:
Reactions: Torg and 3boysmom
Pour it on, boys. He’s going to be lucky if he qualifies for a Costco card by years end. Really looking forward to when his grandkids start changing their last name.

There is some schadenfreude in watching it all come down in like weeks. Historic losses on the federal level, gonna go down as they one of if not the worst presidents. Now he's losing money, attention and the ability to do basically anything after Jan 21. And its delicious.

giphy.gif

There is some schadenfreude in watching it all come down in like weeks. Historic losses on the federal level, gonna go down as they one of if not the worst presidents. Now he's losing money, attention and the ability to do basically anything after Jan 21. And its delicious.

giphy.gif

I am definitely going to savor the schadenfreude. You have to or it was a total loss

I don't understand why they had planned it for there in the first place. When they planned it did they know he was going to lose? If he had won wouldn't it have violated the emoluments clause?

giphy.gif
Not celebrating anything until Jan 21, and even after that there could be trouble.

Reactions: Hoosierhawkeye
I am definitely going to savor the schadenfreude. You have to or it was a total loss

I called my Trump hating cousin back at the start of the pandemic. She said that CV-19 would be the last straw for him, but what a huge cost. He fvcked up so many things, but poisoning the minds of 30% of the population is the worst thing he’s done.

This stuff is all over due but there is going to be a big extinction burst. Every state in the union should have it's national guard on standby the week of the inauguration.

Am I wrong to assume that Trump's real estate holdings are plummeting in value? The physical buildings still exist, but if nobody wants to use them they should be bottoming out.

Reactions: damayason
18 months is short time to line up a new course when there are a few dozen courses that have hosted it before/near big cities/would love to host it again?

Edit to add: I bet if you called up Oakland Hills or Pebble Beach they could host it tomorrow

They could hold a tournament with no sponsors and very few fans, but not a big event. Just the paperwork with the city with parking/security/etc would take weeks.

It is still an awful lot of work in a shirt time. I remember back in ‘99 when DSMG&CC hosted the US Senior Open it was a 5 year prep window. There is an unbelievable list of details to go over before hosting an event of this scale.
Now I fully understand what you are saying...but please believe me, there are many more potential venues that will remove themselves from consideration because of the workload that needs to be done. It will have to be a previous host, probably. BUT the PGA has gone on record and made its bones recently by bringing their event to venues that have never hosted before.

Reactions: ping72
They could hold a tournament with no sponsors and very few fans, but not a big event. Just the paperwork with the city with parking/security/etc would take weeks.

True, but 18 months should be plenty of time to set things up. I'm sure it will be moved to a course who has hosted it previously & is experienced in getting ready for such an event. The major corporate sponsors would already be lined up - it's not like they're going to drop it because of a location change; and a place like Pebble or one of the other regular hosts would certainly have a deep list of local sponsors who will gladly step in to cover the things that get done locally.

True, but 18 months should be plenty of time to set things up. I'm sure it will be moved to a course who has hosted it previously & is experienced in getting ready for such an event. The major corporate sponsors would already be lined up - it's not like they're going to drop it because of a location change; and a place like Pebble or one of the other regular hosts would certainly have a deep list of local sponsors who will gladly step in to cover the things that get done locally.

I agree it could be done... but it takes much more time than many think who’ve not done such work.

One of the biggest factors is actually hotel space/reservations.

It will get done, no doubt. I am sure the sponsors were on board before any final decision was made...,after all, it is “ business” for them....However, the new host club/city will be busier than the proverbial 2 puckered billy goat from today until the week of the event. There is lots and lots of work that goes into the successful running of an event such as this...and you damn well know, the PGA expects this to be a success. They hire professionals to set up and run these things but there is a huge workload to be accomplished.

My American pride is coming back. It’s like we are towards the end of a bad movie.

Which means what happens next is we make a truce with the bad guy, but he double crosses us at the last second only to be shot in the head by an unlikely hero. My money is on McCain having faked his death and gone under cover. Crazy reveal that will be. Bravo

Baltusrol is about a half hour away. Easy solution.

I interned with a guy that is now one of the superintendents at Bedminster. I feel bad for him and his crew, this is the kind of event you spend your whole career looking forward to.

Since Trump craves attention, all of this negative publicity
will start to make a financial impact on his assets like
hotels and golf courses. When a big business starts to
lose some customers it hurts the finances.

I hope Southern Hills invites the pros and groundskeepers from Trumps course. They are the people who are most hurt by this.

Reactions: St. Louis Hawk

Is California allowing sports events again?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT