ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting (1 Scholarship Left): Jaxon Kohler & Josh Dix VISITED Sep3, Tyler Nickel Sep17. Aidan Shaw VISITED Jun23. Kyle Filipowski to Duke

Iowa has offered Mount Clemens (Mich.) 2022 four-star shooting guard JaVaughn Hannah.

That ranking of Hannah is criminal. He's going to be really good and should be top 70 easily. He'll certainly get a ton of exposure this year playing alongside Emoni.

He'll go to MSU if they offer but if not I would think Iowa has a solid shot. OSU is in there as well.

That ranking of Hannah is criminal. He's going to be really good and should be top 70 easily. He'll certainly get a ton of exposure this year playing alongside Emoni.

He'll go to MSU if they offer but if not I would think Iowa has a solid shot. OSU is in there as well.
Do you think when Iowa wins the 2021 National Championship it will help us land him? ;)

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
Do you think when Iowa wins the 2021 National Championship it will help us land him? ;)

couldn%27t_hurt.gif

With the two instate schools on him that will be tough to get him......even if they haven't offered YET, they are recruiting him now that he is getting noticed.

Unfortunately, getting in early, or even first, on a HS recruit hasn't always worked out for us. McCaffery and the staff are great at uncovering these diamonds in the rough, but when the big boys come calling, we are often left holding the bag.

September 16 Update:

In 2022, Iowa is scheduled to have two scholarships available (Weezy & Connor).

Iowa has now extended a total of 18 offers so far for the Class of 2022.

2022 Iowa Basketball Offer List (18 Total):

Donovan Clingan (See #9 in Orig Post)

C, 7'0", 240, Bristol, CT

Riley Mulvey
C, 6'10", 230, Albany, NY

Dasonte Bowen
PG, 6'3", 170, Worcester, MA

Trejuan Holloman
PG, 6'2", St. Paul, MN

Isaac McKneely (See #1 in Orig Post)
SG, 6'4", 175, Poca, WV

Jaden Schutt (See #2 in Orig Post)
SG, 6'5", 180, Yorkville, IL

Prince Aligbe
SF, 6'5", 185, Minneapolis, MN

Camden Heide (See #8 in Orig Post)
SF, 6'5", 175, Wayzata, MN

Aidan Shaw (See #3 in Orig Post)
SF, 6'7", 175, Stillwell, KS

Kyle Filipowski (Offered June 18)
PF, 6'9", 215, Wilbraham, MA

Zion Cruz (Offered June 23)
SG, 6'3", 165, Mouth of Wilson , VA

Eli King (Offered June 23)
PG, 6'1", 160, Caledonia, MN

Joe Hurlburt (Offered June 23)
C, 6'10", 220, Enderlin, ND

Tyler Nickel (Offered June 24)
SF, 6'7", 215, Elkton, VA

Logan Landers (Offered July 9)
C, 6'9", 215, Cedarburg, WI

Ahjany Lee (Offered August 3)
PF, 6'8", 195 Byron, MN

T.J. Power (Offered Aug 27)
PF, 6'8", 190 Shrewsbury, MA

Isaac Traudt (Offered Sep 16)
PF, 6'9", 200 Grand Island, NE

Source: https://iowa.rivals.com/offers/basketball/2022

Reactions: Ronman
Tarris has 11 offers, including:
Iowa
Michigan State
Ohio State
Creighton
Florida
Xavier
Kansas State
Missouri
Nebraska
St Louis
UMKC

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawksfor3
Riley has 4 offers, including:
IOWA
Syracuse
UMass
Siena

Of these 4, he has only visited Iowa (on 10/13/19).

Which programs are in the mix heavily?

Mulvey: “Iowa, Syracuse, Yale, Kansas, Iona, and Providence have contacted me recently.”

What are your thoughts on Syracuse?

Mulvey: “Well Coach McNamara and Coach Autry have been contacting me often. The coaches say that they play the ball through the big men which I can compliment very well due to the way I play.”

How about Iowa, you’ve visited and they have already offered.

Mulvey: “For Iowa, Coach [Fran] McCaffery has compared me to Luka [Garza] and says that I’d be a big that runs the floor for them and get a ton of offensive boards.”

The FULL STORY is here:

SUMMARY:

In 2022, Iowa is scheduled to have two scholarships available (Weezy & Connor).

Iowa has now extended a total of 20 offers so far for the Class of 2022.

All 20 are UNDECIDED.

2022 Iowa Basketball Offer List:

Donovan Clingan (See #9 in Orig Post)

C, 7'0", 240, Bristol, CT

Riley Mulvey
C, 6'10", 230, Albany, NY

Dasonte Bowen
PG, 6'3", 170, Worcester, MA

Trejuan Holloman
PG, 6'2", St. Paul, MN

Isaac McKneely (See #1 in Orig Post)
SG, 6'4", 175, Poca, WV

Jaden Schutt (See #2 in Orig Post)
SG, 6'5", 180, Yorkville, IL

Prince Aligbe
SF, 6'5", 185, Minneapolis, MN

Camden Heide (See #8 in Orig Post)
SF, 6'5", 175, Wayzata, MN

Aidan Shaw (See #3 in Orig Post)
SF, 6'7", 175, Stillwell, KS

Kyle Filipowski (Offered June 18)
PF, 6'9", 215, Wilbraham, MA

Zion Cruz (Offered June 23)
SG, 6'3", 165, Mouth of Wilson , VA

Eli King (Offered June 23)
PG, 6'1", 160, Caledonia, MN

Joe Hurlburt (Offered June 23)
C, 6'10", 220, Enderlin, ND

Tyler Nickel (Offered June 24)
SF, 6'7", 215, Elkton, VA

Logan Landers (Offered July 9)
C, 6'9", 215, Cedarburg, WI

Ahjany Lee (Offered August 3)
PF, 6'8", 195 Byron, MN

T.J. Power (Offered Aug 27)
PF, 6'8", 190 Shrewsbury, MA

Isaac Traudt (Offered Sep 16)
PF, 6'9", 200 Grand Island, NE

D. Watson-Saulsberry (Offered Sep 29)
SF, 6'7", 190, Minneapolis, MN

Tarris Reed (Offered Oct 14)
C, 6'8", 220, St Louis, MO

SOURCE: https://iowa.rivals.com/offers/basketball/2022

NOTE:
Logan Landers has an Iowa offer; Rivals, for some reason, does not list him with one in the link immediately above.

Keep an eye on Zuby, who has one offer, according to Rivals: TCU.

See the link to the story below.

Some excerpts:

What schools are heavily involved?

Ejiofor: “The schools that are heavily recruiting me and already offered are TCU, Texas, Seton Hall, Virginia Tech, and Houston.”

How about programs that have called and have interest?

Ejiofor: “I been on a call with Texas Tech, Santa Clara, Ohio State, Purdue, Stanford, Oklahoma State, Michigan, Baylor, and Iowa.

Reactions: perryhawk
Which schools are heavily involved?

“Iowa, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Ohio State, and Illinois.”

Discuss the hometown program, Illinois, and thoughts on them?

“Illinois is the home state and Brad Underwood has let me know I am a priority and I enjoy watching their fast pace game and how they develop players.”

Discuss Iowa, they’re among the ones who have been on you heavy.

“Iowa and Fran McCaffery have been in touch with me for a while and I like their play style and how they play offensively.”

The Full Story:

Be sure to check out the Tarris Reed story here: https://stockrisers.com/s/278/four-star-junior-tarris-reed-jr-updates-his-recruitment

Some excerpts:

Which programs are heavily involved in your recruitment?

“All the schools that offered me has really been in the mix heavily. From calls and texts every week. Coaches checking up on me and watching some of my games. Grateful for all that has happened in 2020 and looking forward to 2021.”

How about the newer programs to enter the picture?

“Illinois and butler are the latest schools in the mix.”

Moving on, discuss your thoughts on Iowa’s basketball program?

“I like how Iowa is playing [Luka] Garza. I’ve talked to the coaching staff, mainly Coach [Fran] McCaffery. Talking to him and getting a clear understanding of where I fit into his team. He wanted me to be that four-man that can do everything. Being able to create off the dribble, dominate down low and being able to guard 1-5.”

And what about a program like Michigan State?

“Michigan State is known for its defense. They are a solid defensive school and I like that. That’s is definitely positive about their program. Their coaching staff telling me to be able to guard the 1-5 and switching/hedging ball screens.”

Ohio State has also been heavily involved, thoughts on them?

“I like Ohio State and their offense. I like the way Coach [Chris] Holtmann is playing E.J. Liddell. I worked out with him many times and to see what he is doing on the court is impressive. I can see myself fitting in well in their program.”

How has Jayson Tatum’s impact at Chaminade impacted you?

“He set the bar high for me. Tatum helped Chaminade become a powerhouse program. Winning state titles, Gatorade POY, and many more. Walking in the gym looking at his Gatorade POY banners inspires and motivates me. That’s one of my goals for my last two high school seasons.”

What are your expectations for this season?

”This season the goal is a state title. It’s something I’ve been chasing for years. Chaminade only has two state titles, by the time I walk out I want it to be four.”

There are reports that Iowa is showing interest in this guy (no Iowa offer....yet).

Watch Both Videos & tell me what you think:

hqGMbiL3

Last edited:
Kyle was offered by Iowa on June 18. He has 16 offers.

Regarding Iowa: “I talk to Coach (Fran) McCaffery every week and our relationship is amazing. We talk about how I would be a great addition to their program and talk about their games this season and how their play style would be perfect for me. Besides that we just talk about real world topics as well which is bigger than ball.”

The full, FREE story is here:

Dasonte Bowen is a 2022 point guard. Rivals has him as a 3 Star; others have him as a 4 Star.

He has visited campus (see pics below).

He played in high school with Josh Ogundele at Worcester (MA) Academy last season (he has since transferred to Brewster Academy in New Hampshire).

Josh and Dasonte talk/text daily; Josh is trying to get him to come join him in Iowa City.

94iUidvL

5fb5c040a3bf4.image.jpg

Last edited:
On campus visits could start back up as early as April 16 and run through June 30.

Note that the DI Council will also decide on whether coaches will be able to go out recruiting in July. That's obviously the biggest month annually for basketball recruiting.

This is good news for the 2022 class.

ADVERTISEMENT