ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting - Names of Interest to watch

Bryzzo

Team MVP
Aug 31, 2016
Pretty quiet on the 2022 recruiting front so far.

Iowa has verbals from Aaron Graves - DE - #2 overall rated recruit in Iowa and #99 overall ranked recruit in 2022 class and Caden Crawford - DE - #4 rated recruit in State of Kansas for 2022.

Here are 8 names of interest who hold Iowa offers:

Xavier Nwankpa - DB - #1 Ranked recruit in Iowa - just got offered by Alabama and fully expect him to land with Ohio State, LSU or Alabama
Hunter Deyo - DT - #3 Ranked recruit in Iowa
Will McLaughlin - LB - #4 Ranked recruit in Iowa
Eli Raridon - TE - #5 Ranked recruit in Iowa

Eli King - WR - #2 Ranked recruit in Minnesota
Micah Riley - TE - #3 Ranked recruit in Nebraska
Kaden Helms - TE - #4 Ranked recruit in Nebraska
Gi'Bran Payne - RB - #7 Ranked recruit in Ohio

Would like to hear Blair's input as to where Iowa sits with each of these guys currently.

This is just a baffling list for me. Payne was never going to happen, backed off McLaughlin, and a very slim (if any) chance at Nwankpa.

So HawkeyeinCentralIowa goes ahead and says this list is baffling in addition to liking 3 other posts in this thread that provide no insight to the original question that I posed, which was to inquire of Blair where the Hawks sit with these 8 prospects. Guy says that the Hawks have backed off McLauglin (who just had a virtual visit with the Hawks this week - which doesn't sound like backing off to me :), doesn't care to read that I stated that I don't thing Nwankpa ends up with the Hawks, and mentions that Payne was never going to happen, but haven't seen anything backing up that claim by anyone else.

One guy responds that there is already a 9 page thread on this topic, so I go peruse that thread to see HawkeyeinCentral Iowa commenting on McLaughlin, King and Riley among others.

The original list was the top 4 remaining prospects in the State of Iowa, which I believe a lot of Hawk fans have interest in seeing where they end up. Even though McLaughlin may be an ISU lean, I still think he has interest in the Hawks and hope the Hawks can land Deyo, Rairdon and McLaughlin, which would give them 4 of the top 5 guys in Iowa for the Class of 2022.

The King kid out of Caledonia, Minnesota looks like a great athlete who could choose between football and basketball, but reminds me of a Tyler Sash type player. Most likely a WR and a kid who could blossom in Iowa's system.

The 2 Nebraska TE's are both highly rated and have shown interest in Iowa.

The RB out of Ohio may be a pipedream, but there had to be some interest level as the Hawks don't generally throw out offers to kids that they know have already made up their mind.

So, to summarize, not a baffling list at all and would appreciate it certain guys who would rather act like pricks in replies to just not reply at all.

Oh, by the way I do like Pepsi too.

So HawkeyeinCentralIowa goes ahead and says this list is baffling in addition to liking 3 other posts in this thread that provide no insight to the original question that I posed, which was to inquire of Blair where the Hawks sit with these 8 prospects. Guy says that the Hawks have backed off McLauglin (who just had a virtual visit with the Hawks this week - which doesn't sound like backing off to me :), doesn't care to read that I stated that I don't thing Nwankpa ends up with the Hawks, and mentions that Payne was never going to happen, but haven't seen anything backing up that claim by anyone else.

One guy responds that there is already a 9 page thread on this topic, so I go peruse that thread to see HawkeyeinCentral Iowa commenting on McLaughlin, King and Riley among others.

The original list was the top 4 remaining prospects in the State of Iowa, which I believe a lot of Hawk fans have interest in seeing where they end up. Even though McLaughlin may be an ISU lean, I still think he has interest in the Hawks and hope the Hawks can land Deyo, Rairdon and McLaughlin, which would give them 4 of the top 5 guys in Iowa for the Class of 2022.

The King kid out of Caledonia, Minnesota looks like a great athlete who could choose between football and basketball, but reminds me of a Tyler Sash type player. Most likely a WR and a kid who could blossom in Iowa's system.

The RB out of Ohio may be a pipedream, but there had to be some interest level as the Hawks don't generally throw out offers to kids that they know have already made up their mind.

So, to summarize, not a baffling list at all and would appreciate it certain guys who would rather act like pricks in replies to just not reply at all.

Payne released a top 5. No iowa

Ok. Thanks for the update. Interested to see what other 2022 RB's are offered.

Yes, most of the names make sense. Payne doesn’t, Nwankpa isn’t happening, and it had appeared Iowa was beginning to back off of McLaughlin (Which was also said by other members here). Iowa is 100% leading for Deyo, Raridon is a weird one with Notre Dame involved. Eli King is a better B-ball prospect than Football prospect.

Yes, most of the names make sense. Payne doesn’t, Nwankpa isn’t happening, and it had appeared Iowa was beginning to back off of McLaughlin (Which was also said by other members here). Iowa is 100% leading for Deyo, Raridon is a weird one with Notre Dame involved. Eli King is a better B-ball prospect than Football prospect.

Funny how quickly you can go from "a baffling list" to most of the names make sense.

Payne was the highest rated RB recruit that Iowa had offered and the Hawks didn't make his top 5 which is not shocking, but was exactly the kind of information that I was not aware of.

Eli King is the 2nd rated Football recruit in the State of Minnesota, so I would bank on him playing football somewhere, just hope the Hawks have established a relationship with him already.

Reactions: EndzoneHawk
Eli King is the 2nd rated Football recruit in the State of Minnesota, so I would bank on him playing football somewhere, just hope the Hawks have established a relationship with him already.
He’s also a 4 star Basketball recruit, and the number 2 basketball recruit in Minnesota. Plus he’s a top 100 recruit for basketball.

Reactions: easy2
Now there are two threads.
One to go...

syp7a6h00ia11.jpg

I haven’t talked football recruiting from those in the LC inner circle since Thanksgiving but my understanding is Hunter is a Hawk fan.

ADVERTISEMENT