ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Recruiting Targets?

Minnesota is a blue blood in the same way Nebraska football and ISU wrestling are blue bloods. They aren't.

Ohio State has been in the top 6 every year for 8 seasons, been runner up 3 times and won an NCAA title in 2015. Their resources outpace almost everyone but PSU. Count them.

What terrible analogies to try and prove your point 😂

Minnesota has won 3 team titles since Nebraska football last sniffed relevancy and ISU hasn't won a wrestling title in over 30 years.

Minnesota has won 15% of the NCAA team titles since 2000. Only three other schools can say they've had more success since the turn of the century (PSU, Okie State, and Iowa).

I hate Minnesota as much as the next guy but you have to respect the history which isn't all that long ago. It's only been 12 seasons since their last title. Iowa is going on 9 seasons without a championship for comparison.

If being "top 6" for 8 years with one natty warrants blueblood status then you have to say Auburn football is a blueblood program and nobody is saying that.

Last edited:
Seniors:
1. Shayne Van Ness(132) no real need here but I Really like him very doubtful anyway
2. Enrique Munguia(152) definite need but probably low interest
3. Dylan Connell(170) could be a need and last I heard there was some interest here
4. Griffin Liddle(hwt) would be nice but getting him off of the football field would take a miracle

Juniors:
1. Jesse Mendez(132) Must get absolute stud will be interesting to see where he ends up
2. Robert Avilia(132) My favorite recruit out of Iowa's junior class for sure and top 5 for sure nation wide
3. Caleb Henson(145) Could possibly man 141/149 down the road although I like what we have coming a lot at those weights IF he could get to 157 He might be a lot better for us.
4. Mickey Griffith(170) Sneaky good big up side here plus he is home grown
5. Queintin Saunders(182) could be a nice pick up for 184 in the future
6. Ryan Rogers(182) another super talented kid that could man the 184 spot down the road
7. Nicholas Feldman(195) perfect replacement for Warner
8. Kolby Franklin(220) somewhat a tweener but hoping he could end up at hwt for the Hawks down the road
9. James Howard(hwt) another stud but keeping him off the football field will be difficult

Sophomores:
1. Cody Chittum(132) Another extremely talented kid hoping he can grow some but should Definitely be on the radar.
2. Gabe Arnold(160) hard telling where he ends up weight wise but another one that should be on the radar
3. Ben Kueter(160) Ha he will fly by that His dad is really tall and Ben is a absolute monster!
4. Tate Naaktgeboren(160) Probably closer to this weight.
5. Jim Mullen(hwt) another stud that would be nice to have
What about Cael Valencia.?
Any more RECRUITING NEWS out there lately anyone?

Reactions: millhawk
Avila lives close to me. Wisconsin truck at his house yesterday. Not sure if it was a recruiter or someone over there training. Garage is all wrestling mats so a lot of people over there working out a lot.

Avila lives close to me. Wisconsin truck at his house yesterday. Not sure if it was a recruiter or someone over there training. Garage is all wrestling mats so a lot of people over there working out a lot.

Off campus recruit is not allowed at this time.

Like I said it may have just been someone over there working with them. His younger brother that is a freshman this year I hear is gonna be a beast also. Already as big as Robert.

Like I said it may have just been someone over there working with them. His younger brother that is a freshman this year I hear is gonna be a beast also. Already as big as Robert.

Yea...they have some killers coming up through there. A lot of kids missed chances to prove themselves at Fargo.Next summer is going to be a big one for recruits.

All in all, some very good matches. Kueter is a beast. Little Jesuroga went down early and came back to tie it to go to OT against the #2 kid (in the nation) from Minne. Gas tank got him the win.

Reactions: depelland
Maybe a truck load of $$$$$

All in all, some very good matches. Kueter is a beast. Little Jesuroga went down early and came back to tie it to go to OT against the #2 kid (in the nation) from Minne. Gas tank got him the win.
Jesuroga got owned by Block at state. Jesuroga had 1 fairly lucky move to make it look 1/2 way respectable. But block dominated five minutes and 54 seconds of the match.
Then I noticed block got beat at NOC by Parker he looked much smaller than Block.

Jesuroga got owned by Block at state. Jesuroga had 1 fairly lucky move to make it look 1/2 way respectable. But block dominated five minutes and 54 seconds of the match.
Then I noticed block got beat at NOC by Parker he looked much smaller than Block.
You do realize that Block was cutting down from north of 125 last year and Jesuroga was walking around at 108 right? Nate is the far superior wrestler and will be a very good D1 career 125

You do realize that Block was cutting down from north of 125 last year and Jesuroga was walking around at 108 right? Nate is the far superior wrestler and will be a very good D1 career 125
No I did not realize. Nor do I care all I saw was the match don’t care much for the reasoning or excuses that follow.

ADVERTISEMENT