Jun 14, 2001
Name: Andrew DePaepe
High School: Pleasant Valley
Position: Defensive End
Graduation Year: 2023
Height: 6-foot-6
Weight: 230 pounds
Video: Hudl

How did the high school football season go overall?
“Our season was a very strong one and everyone on the team gave everything they had this year, which ultimately helped with us making it to the final four.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I plan on finishing my basketball season and getting back in the weight room with my teammates. I also plan on working a lot on my own with field work and weight room stuff.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“It’s been my dream to play football in college, so I’d like to play college football.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have not made any trips and can’t plan for any because I am still an underclassman.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I didn’t really have a favorite college team growing up. I just loved watching good games.”

How do you feel about the Iowa program?
"The Iowa program to me seems like a very good one. It seems like a very well-rounded program and produces a lot of NFL talent."

What did it mean to you to land your first Division I scholarship from Kansas State?
"It felt great to receive my first offer. I have been working since a little kid trying to fulfill my dreams of playing Division I football and for my first offer to come from a Big 12 team feels great."

If camps are open this summer, what schools do you hope to get to?
"I will try to attend many camps this summer if they are available and go to as many schools as I can."

What will be the biggest factors in your college decision?
"I don’t know what the biggest factor in my decision will be as I am still really young and have to wait for what the future holds. When the time comes for me to commit, then I will factor in everything."

Did you expect an offer to come this early in the process?
"I have always thought of myself as a D1 type player but have been humble as well. I think it’s still really cool to get an offer as just a sophomore in high school from such a high Division I team."

Are there any specific schools you hope to hear more from?
"I hope to hear from teams in the South and Midwest in particular."

What habits have allowed you to garner the recruiting attention that you have received?
"I think the habitats that I have that make me a very recruitable player are my work ethic and consistency because without those I wouldn’t have been able to make a name for myself."

Is it important to stay in-state for college or will that have no factor on your decision?
"Staying in-state won’t have a factor in my decision."

How did Iowa extend the scholarship to you?
"Over the phone."

What were your initial thoughts about receiving the offer?
"I thought it was very cool that I was starting to get offers as just a young sophomore, especially from these big schools."

Reactions: DevineHawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News