ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting. Orig Post Updated Jan 1. ZERO Scholarships Currently Available. 34 Offers So Far (incl. Pryce Sandfort, Owen Freeman, Brock Harding)

You never know with kids, so if Pryce is returning the attention by committing time to Nebraska, you'd have to say they'd have a punchers chance perhaps. Why? I'm not sure, but I'm not an 18 year old kid :)
And then whatever the connection is there with his dad? Grew up Husker fans and dad is from Nebraska...not sure if he attended Nebraska or not?

Pryce really enjoyed his Neb. visit FYI and has history with Hoiberg, didn't read article so not sure what that is referring to.

The original post has been updated.

This is where things currently stand after the Brock Harding commitment:

2023-2024 Roster (11 on Scholarship; 2 scholarships available):

FRESHMEN: 2 players

6"10" C Owen Freeman

6'0" PG Brock Harding

SOPHOMORES: 2 players

6'3" PG Dasonte Bowen

6'5" SG Josh Dix

JUNIORS: 2 players

6'7" F Payton Sandfort

6'11" C Riley Mulvey

SENIORS: 5 players

6'4" G Tony Perkins

6'2" G Ahron Ulis

6'8" F Kris Murray

6'9" SF Patrick McCaffery

6'11" C Josh Ogundele

4 Notable Walk on players:

SENIORS: 1 player

Dante Eldridge (assistant coach Courtney Eldridge's son)--has played 2 years (through 2022) in college, first at William Penn & then Kirkwood CC; a 5'9"combo guard; on May 5, 2022, it was announced that he would be joining the Iowa roster as a walk on.

JUNIORS: 1 player

Luc Laketa--a 2021 6'6" wing/forward; on May 13, 2021, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on.

SOPHOMORES: 2 players

Carter Kingsbury--a 2021 6'5", 230 lb shooting guard; on July 10, 2021, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on. Carter ended up redshirting the 2021-2022 season so he is now scheduled to graduate in 2026.

Amarion Nimmers--a 2022 6'3" combo guard; on April 30, 2022, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on.

New offer. 6'9 F from Snoqualmie, WA

Holds other offers from New Mexico, San Jose St, San Diego St, Loyola, Wash. St, Weber St, UC Santa Barbara, EWU, Portland St, Montana St, and Fresno St.

Iowa offered T.J. Power on Aug 27, 2020.

He officially visited the weekend of Oct 8, 2021. According to Rivals, Iowa is the first school he visited.

Connections: TJ (2023), Dasonte Bowen (2022), Josh Ogundele (2020) & Iowa Assistant Coach Courtney Eldridge (1998) are all part of BABC (Boston Amateur Basketball Club).

Last edited:
Power is looking less likely every day. Fran got him in early and now it doesn't look promising.

This would be a really solid class if we could get Sanfort and either Power or Estrella. Sanford would make it a very good class. Power or Estrella would make it a top 15 class.

Power is looking less likely every day. Fran got him in early and now it doesn't look promising.

This would be a really solid class if we could get Sanfort and either Power or Estrella. Sanford would make it a very good class. Power or Estrella would make it a top 15 class.

I think Pryce is almost guaranteed to commit to Iowa.

TJ wants to play baseball so that might help Iowa's chances.

I worry about that Duke offer Estrella got. However, would he get lost amongst Duke's 5 star players? With Fran/Iowa, he knows he's gonna play more minutes.

Recruiting, man....

Reactions: NevadaHawk
I think Pryce is almost guaranteed to commit to Iowa.

TJ wants to play baseball so that might help Iowa's chances.

I worry about that Duke offer Estrella got. However, would he get lost amongst Duke's 5 star players? With Fran/Iowa, he knows he's gonna play more minutes.

Recruiting, man....
I agree with your comment about Pryce. I just wish he would announce his commitment to Iowa sooner rather than later.

Hoping he commits on his visit with Estrella and brings Estrella along with him.

patience grasshopper ;)

Have a feeling that OV weekend for Pryce and JP may be a BIG weekend for Iowa Basketball

regarding NIL:

* It seemed like we missed out on some prospects in the transfer portal because we didn't have much to offer

* I wonder, hypothetically, if Estrella would get wowed not only by Duke but a Duke NIL deal

regarding NIL:

* It seemed like we missed out on some prospects in the transfer portal because we didn't have much to offer

* I wonder, hypothetically, if Estrella would get wowed not only by Duke but a Duke NIL deal

Why would a Duke NIL deal br bigger than Iowa's?

Why would a Duke NIL deal br bigger than Iowa's?

From a quick google search:

Duke’s 2022 recruiting class is worth a collective $124,000 in NIL value, according to recruiting website On3. That number will likely increase as players gain notoriety at the college level, but my guess is that it is widely understated right now.

Duke Basketball’s 2022 Recruiting Class NIL Value

Duke Basketball’s 2023 Recruiting Class NIL Value

Duke might have a relatively small alumni base compared to other schools—they have about 7k undergraduate students while Kentucky has 22k—but they are a national brand with a wealthy alumni base. And that combination will bring plenty of deals.

Source: https://huddleup.substack.com/p/duke-basketball-hires-a-gm-to-oversee

From a ZagsBlog article:

“Coach Fran McCaffery has probably been recruiting me the longest out of any coach, so we have an unbelievable relationship. They’ve produced a lot of pros in the last couple years. He’s stressed that I could be the next in line. The way they play really fits me as far as scoring wings who have the ball in their hands a lot and can do a lot of things on the floor. That’s definitely what I’m going to look at.”

No surprises here on his top 5. Think it'll come down to Kansas or Minnesota but it doesn't sound like he'll make a decision soon so maybe one of these other teams can make a push. As @Franisdaman likes to remind people, Minnesota has had a ton of HS talent leave the state in recent years. If a Goofer coach ever figures out how to keep their in-state talent they could see a huge improvement in their win totals.

From a ZagsBlog article:

“Coach Fran McCaffery has probably been recruiting me the longest out of any coach, so we have an unbelievable relationship. They’ve produced a lot of pros in the last couple years. He’s stressed that I could be the next in line. The way they play really fits me as far as scoring wings who have the ball in their hands a lot and can do a lot of things on the floor. That’s definitely what I’m going to look at.”

that's really good stuff. thanks for sharing.

we all have heard the stories on how Fran identifies talent early, makes the offer and establishes a relationship early, and then the blue bloods finally wake up and offer as well.

Fran offered TJ almost 2 years ago. The blue bloods?

Aug 27, 2020: Iowa offered TJ

July 14: Duke offered

July 12: North Carolina offered

July 12:
UCLA offered

July 10: Kansas offered

Harris-Smith plays for Team Takeover, the same travel team as Luka Garza. Tristan Spurlock played his high school ball not far away where Harris-Smith does. I wonder if there’s a connection there.

Harris-Smith plays for Team Takeover, the same travel team as Luka Garza. Tristan Spurlock played his high school ball not far away where Harris-Smith does. I wonder if there’s a connection there.
Our latest '24 offers play in that same AAU program, Donnie Freeman and Patrick Ngongba. Ngongba goes to the same high school that Harris-Smith does.
Do we know where Spurlock played AAU? Seems like there's a good chance that is the connection.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT