ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting. Orig Post Updated Jan 1. ZERO Scholarships Currently Available. 34 Offers So Far (incl. Pryce Sandfort, Owen Freeman, Brock Harding)

The Barnstormers

E7J2GvDXsAAqDgJ

Last edited:
Reactions: Fitzhawk
I don't wear shorts because you and Underhill (;)) over there look stupid. Maybe that's why I out recruit both of you...

Reactions: jasonrann
Iowa offered Taylor Bowen on April 2, 2020.

Iowa was his FIRST high major offer.

Taylor plays
on the same high school (Brewster Academy) and AAU team (Expressions Elite) as Dasonte Bowen (2022 PG Commit) and Reed Bailey (2022 PF, who Iowa offered).

Here is the latest on his recruitment.

Last edited:
What can Fran possibly be waiting on to offer him?
That’s a great question…..oh how I wish I knew what the inside information was on recruiting! I wonder if there isn’t already a clear understanding with this young man that an offer is on the table….but because most would assume that he wants to play with his brother, the young man wants to see what other offers he would get if Iowa hasn’t offered? Maybe that’s crazy 😜but clearly there could be and probably has been communication that we don’t know about.

Reactions: icwesthawk
I think a lot of these kids look upon offers as a bit of a badge of honor. They like to point out how many offers they get. If McCaffery has any intention of recruiting Pryce, he should probably offer, sooner rather than later.

Reactions: perryhawk
I never argued that Iowa lands many ranked out of staters. I did wonder why an Iowa fan would respond to an update the way you did. You seem defensive and strange.

For instance, I don't think the FB team has the offensive chops to compete for the playoffs. I don't make it a point to flood the message board with that opinion whenever someone talks Iowa's ranking.

I never argued that Iowa lands many ranked out of staters. I did wonder why an Iowa fan would respond to an update the way you did. You seem defensive and strange.

For instance, I don't think the FB team has the offensive chops to compete for the playoffs. I don't make it a point to flood the message board with that opinion whenever someone talks Iowa's ranking.
I am strange, yes, thanks for noticing.

Not gonna be fair to Fran to compare him to Kirk in any regard, or their respective teams.

Right now Iowa has 3 scholarships available for the 2023 class.

We had at least one unofficial 2023 visitor last weekend.

Lakeville MN is a Minneapolis/St Paul suburb.

Nolan has 4 offers so far: Wisconsin, Stanford, Oregon State and Minnesota.

Right now Iowa has 3 scholarships available for the 2023 class.

We had at least one unofficial 2023 visitor last weekend.

Lakeville MN is a Minneapolis/St Paul suburb.

Nolan has 4 offers so far: Wisconsin, Stanford, Oregon State and Minnesota.

I am liking this trend of recruiting kids whose names are nouns.

Hunger
Rock
Winter
Bear (Cedar Falls kid who visited over the weekend)

With a history of success from guys like Marble, Street, and Earl, this is an encouraging trend.

Sherm was in to see Drew Steffe today.

Drew has 13 offers including:

Auburn
Arizona State
Oklahoma State
TCU
Georgia Tech
Oregon State
SMU
DePaul
Rice
Texas Arlington
Tulane
UTEP
Western Michigan

Last edited:
The orig post has been updated.

There is a 16th offer: Reid Ducharme (Iowa offered on June 15,2021)

He is a PG, 6'6", 190, out of Wolfeboro, NH.

As things currently stand,

2023-2024 Roster (10 on Scholarship; 3 scholarships available):

FRESHMEN: 0 players

SOPHOMORES: 2 players

6'3" PG Dasonte Bowen (***)

6'5" SG Josh Dix (***)

JUNIORS: 2 players

6'7" F Payton Sandfort (***)

6'11" C Riley Mulvey (***)

SENIORS: 6 players

6'11" C Josh Ogundele (***)

6'4" G Tony Perkins (***)

6'2" G Ahron Ulis (***)

6'8" F Keegan Murray (Not Rated)

6'8" F Kris Murray (Not Rated)

6'9" SF Patrick McCaffery (****)

Notable Walk on players:

Luc Laketa--a 2021 6'6" wing/forward; on May 13, 2021, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on.

Carter Kingsbury--a 2021 6'5", 230 lb shooting guard; on July 10, 2021, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on.

The orig post has been updated.

Iowa has yet to offer Pryce Sandfort; you would think he would be a home run commit for this class.

As you can see in the orig post, this is what the 2023-2024 roster looks like right now:

2023-2024 Roster (11 on Scholarship; 2 scholarships available):

FRESHMEN: 1 player

6"10" C Owen Freeman (***)

SOPHOMORES: 2 players

6'3" PG Dasonte Bowen (***)

6'5" SG Josh Dix (***)

6'7" F Payton Sandfort (***)

6'11" C Riley Mulvey (***)

SENIORS: 6 players

6'11" C Josh Ogundele (***)

6'4" G Tony Perkins (***)

6'2" G Ahron Ulis (***)

6'8" F Keegan Murray (Not Rated)

6'8" F Kris Murray (Not Rated)

6'9" SF Patrick McCaffery (****)

Notable Walk on players:

Luc Laketa--a 2021 6'6" wing/forward; on May 13, 2021, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on.

Carter Kingsbury--a 2021 6'5", 230 lb shooting guard; on July 10, 2021, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on.

Oh, I have just read articles referring to hom as a pf. IMHO, all centers and power forwards pretty much play the same in what McC teaches.

from what I saw, he can shoot/score from anywhere; I love how he rebounds & cleans up misses as well. and i wonder if he is done growing

Reactions: BBHawk
ADVERTISEMENT