ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting. Orig Post Updated Jan 1. ZERO Scholarships Currently Available. 34 Offers So Far (incl. Pryce Sandfort, Owen Freeman, Brock Harding)

Pryce's profile says he is 6'6, but someone posted 6''7 and I think I saw that several months ago too. Wonder what it really is. Has he put on any weight also?

Iowa offered Boden Kapke on Jan 19, 2022.

He visited on October 16, 2021 (Purdue game)

Look at the numbers he has put up not only last night but all season.

FLKhkaiXsAMg19l

What’s the status of us with Pryce Sandfort?

I hate to say it Pryce is even better. I hope we land him 2

As I stated above, Pryce Sandfort still only has 2 offers: Drake and Iowa.

I would be shocked if he did not commit to Iowa, where he would be joining current 2023 commit Owen Freeman.

Last edited:
Fran, what is the deal with Moe. Hawks not interested?

He's a class of 2022 kid. As you can see below, he can score from all 3 levels. He was the 5th leading scorer in the state.

On Feb 3, he received his first D1 offer: Robert Morris.

South Dakota, South Dakota State, Lipscomb, Belmont, Air Force and Iowa have shown interest, but that's it.

It looks like he's gonna try to open more eyes in AAU ball.

Iowa offered JaQualon Roberts on Oct 29, 2021.

He unofficially visited on Dec 21, 2021 for the SE Louisiana game.

This comes from a Rivals Story from this morning:

On Iowa: “I love how they space the floor out and make sure everybody is involved. ... I got to talk with the coaches and just their way of playing, their relationships, they put their teammates first. One thing I noticed is that when one guy ended up on the ground, everybody ran to go pick him up. That’s the kind of thing that I try to implement into Bloomington North. When one guy goes down, make sure you’re picking him up.”

On what he’s looking for in a future school: “I really like family-oriented programs, programs that are going to have your back. It has to be a great fit. Every time I go on these visits I make sure I talk to the coaches and players a lot just to see how they interact with each other. I really like that.”

On a decision timetable: “Sometime after the high school season and around the start of AAU, I feel like I’ll start to narrow my list down to focus on a few select schools. Whenever it feels right and I feel that fit, that’s when I’ll make a final decision.”

The Full Story:

Reactions: BBHawk
4 Star Pryce Sandfort and Waukee NW open up State tournament play today.

Just a reminder: Pryce has just 2 offers: Drake and Iowa. I have an idea where he ends up. ;)

41% from three is not too shabby.

And I have seen reports that list him at 6'7;" Rivals seems to always be a step behind with updates.

I don't understand Pryce having just two offers.....crazy. The kid seems very talented to me and an obvious high D1 level player. As long as he commits and signs with Iowa I'm okay with only the two offers, I just find it baffling.

Iowa offered JaQualon Roberts on Oct 29, 2021.

He unofficially visited on Dec 21, 2021 for the SE Louisiana game.

This comes from a Rivals Story from this morning:

On Iowa: “I love how they space the floor out and make sure everybody is involved. ... I got to talk with the coaches and just their way of playing, their relationships, they put their teammates first. One thing I noticed is that when one guy ended up on the ground, everybody ran to go pick him up. That’s the kind of thing that I try to implement into Bloomington North. When one guy goes down, make sure you’re picking him up.”

On what he’s looking for in a future school: “I really like family-oriented programs, programs that are going to have your back. It has to be a great fit. Every time I go on these visits I make sure I talk to the coaches and players a lot just to see how they interact with each other. I really like that.”

On a decision timetable: “Sometime after the high school season and around the start of AAU, I feel like I’ll start to narrow my list down to focus on a few select schools. Whenever it feels right and I feel that fit, that’s when I’ll make a final decision.”

The Full Story:

I would love to get this kid......and it appears Fran and the staff have done a good job recruiting him. BUT those instate schools and Marquette, it seems like we could finish 3rd or 4th in this sweepstakes.

I don't understand Pryce having just two offers.....crazy. The kid seems very talented to me and an obvious high D1 level player. As long as he commits and signs with Iowa I'm okay with only the two offers, I just find it baffling.

well, he told me....I mean, I think everyone knows where he's going to college and Kentucky, Duke, etc. have moved on.

;)

I’ve watched a few of Pryce’s games this season on YouTube. I’m not overly surprised by his lack of offers. At this point in his career, he lacks elite quickness, strength or leaping ability. It’s tough to project who he would guard at the B1G level. Offensively, what could he consistently do at the next level other than shoot open jumpers?

I don’t say any of this to badmouth Pryce at all. He’s obviously put in a lot of work to develop his skills. He handles the ball and shoots it very well for someone his size. And he could certainly continue to develop physically. But as of right now he needs his body to catch up with those skills, IMO.

All that said, if Fran wants him to be a Hawkeye, then so do I.

I’ve watched a few of Pryce’s games this season on YouTube. I’m not overly surprised by his lack of offers. At this point in his career, he lacks elite quickness, strength or leaping ability. It’s tough to project who he would guard at the B1G level. Offensively, what could he consistently do at the next level other than shoot open jumpers?

I don’t say any of this to badmouth Pryce at all. He’s obviously put in a lot of work to develop his skills. He handles the ball and shoots it very well for someone his size. And he could certainly continue to develop physically. But as of right now he needs his body to catch up with those skills, IMO.

All that said, if Fran wants him to be a Hawkeye, then so do I.
I hear what you are saying.....and being honest, what you are saying about Pryce is almost exactly what I said about Payton during his HS career. Consequently, I have been pleasantly surprised with his (Payton's) ability to rebound, pass, and even play defense compared to what I thought he would be able to do. I think Payton is more athletic than I saw/thought in HS....not sure why that is. I admit that I was wrong about Payton....and hope that applies to Pryce as well.

I hear what you are saying.....and being honest, what you are saying about Pryce is almost exactly what I said about Payton during his HS career. Consequently, I have been pleasantly surprised with his (Payton's) ability to rebound, pass, and even play defense compared to what I thought he would be able to do. I think Payton is more athletic than I saw/thought in HS....not sure why that is. I admit that I was wrong about Payton....and hope that applies to Pryce as well.
I watched the first half and thought he looked weak. I can understand why because he had the flu. As thin as he is, I can't imagine him losing 7 pounds.

Iowa commit Owen Freeman was named 1st Team All State by the Associated Press. Owen plays in the largest class in Illinois (4A).

Some excerpts:

IHSA boys basketball: Here are the Illinois AP all-state teams for 2021-22

Here are the 2021-22 Illinois Associated Press all-state boys basketball teams as voted on by a statewide panel of sportswriters and broadcasters.

Each voter picked a five-player first team and five-player second team in each class. Players received five points for a first-team vote and three points for a second-team vote.

Below are the 127 all-staters from Class 1A, Class 2A, Class 3A and Class 4A. All players listed include height, year in school, position and points earned.

The 2022 Illinois High School Association state finals are scheduled for March 10-12 in Champaign.

x — unanimous picks. y — tied for the final spot.

Class 4A

FIRST TEAM

Braden Huff, Glenbard West (6-11, Sr., F) 116

AJ Casey, Chicago Whitney Young (6-8, F, Sr.) 115

Nick Martinelli, Glenbrook South (6-7, Sr., G/F) 92

Darrin Ames, Chicago Kenwood (6-2, Jr., G) 91

Owen Freeman, Bradley-Bourbonnais (6-10, Jr., F/C) 52

The Story:

The orig post has been updated.

As you can see....

2023-2024 Roster (9 on Scholarship; 4 scholarships available):

FRESHMEN: 1 player

6"10" C Owen Freeman (***)

SOPHOMORES: 2 players

6'3" PG Dasonte Bowen (***)

6'5" SG Josh Dix (***)

JUNIORS: 2 players

6'7" F Payton Sandfort (***)

6'11" C Riley Mulvey (***)

SENIORS: 4 players

6'4" G Tony Perkins (***)

6'2" G Ahron Ulis (***)

6'8" F Kris Murray (Not Rated)

6'9" SF Patrick McCaffery (****)

Notable Walk on players:

JUNIORS: 2 players

Luc Laketa--a 2021 6'6" wing/forward; on May 13, 2021, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on.

Carter Kingsbury--a 2021 6'5", 230 lb shooting guard; on July 10, 2021, it was announced he would be joining the roster as a preferred walk on.

Iowa is keeping an eye on/ has interest in Brock Harding.

Kirk Speraw watched him play in a game in person on Jan 12, 2022.

Brock then visited Iowa for the Jan 13, 2022 Indiana game.

Owen Freeman seems to like him.

Brock has at least 7 offers now: Loyola-Chicago, Western Illinois, SE Missouri State, Illinois State, Drake, Colorado State and Bradley.

ADVERTISEMENT