ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting. Orig Post Updated Jan 1. ZERO Scholarships Currently Available. 34 Offers So Far (incl. Pryce Sandfort, Owen Freeman, Brock Harding)

I tell you what....Billy Taylor is making a difference in our recruiting.

And Courtney Eldridge, Director of Recruiting, who is a Boston guy.

Look at all of these Boston connections:
Caleb Middleton (2024 PF), TJ Power (2023 PF), Dasonte Bowen (2022 commit), Josh Ogundele (2020 Center) & Iowa Assistant Coach Courtney Eldridge (1998) are all part of the BABC (Boston Amateur Basketball Club).

And here is a pic from last weekend of those Boston guys:

From Left to Right:
Caleb Middleton (6'10 PF)
Courtney Eldridge, Iowa Director of Recruiting
Dasonte Bowen
TJ Power (6'8 PF)
Josh Ogundele

As you scroll down, you will see the tweet from BABC, which is the Boston Amateur Basketball Club.

FBVtaxlXMAMFiwT

Is Omaha Biliew no longer a target as he may be choosing options other than college?
And is Pryce Sandfort not in the mix?
I see Friedrichsen and Power mentioned in other sites but nothing on Pryce. Doesn't seem he's been offered yet.
This class could suddenly fill up quickly.

Honestly, I would be shocked if Omaha goes to college because he would make at least $500,000 playing the one year in the G League. Also, high school seniors might be eligible for the NBA Draft in April 2023. And even if he does go to college, he seems more interested in the Kentucky's/blue bloods of the world.

As noted above in this thread, Pryce only has one offer; from Drake. Why, I have no idea, but an Iowa offer has to be coming soon. He's a 4 star, top 100 kid, after all.

Parker is visiting this upcoming weekend, of course.

And right now. we have 2 scholarships available for the 2023 class. That could change as players transfer, etc.

Reactions: perryhawk
The orig post has been updated.

Iowa offered Simeon Wilcher on April 4, 2020.

He is part of same AAU program (PSA Cardinals) as Joe Toussaint

His older brother, Xavier transfer C.J. Wilcher, committed to Nebraska on March 26, 2021. CJ was recruiting Simeon hard to commit to Nebraska.

It didn't work.

He's headed to UNC.

Reactions: Fitzhawk
Honestly, I would be shocked if Omaha goes to college because he would make at least $500,000 playing the one year in the G League. Also, high school seniors might be eligible for the NBA Draft in April 2023. And even if he does go to college, he seems more interested in the Kentucky's/blue bloods of the world.

As noted above in this thread, Pryce only has one offer; from Drake. Why, I have no idea, but an Iowa offer has to be coming soon. He's a 4 star, top 100 kid, after all.

Parker is visiting this upcoming weekend, of course.

And right now. we have 2 scholarships available for the 2023 class. That could change as players transfer, etc.

Time for an update on Pryce, @Franisdaman ...

Hasn’t there been chatter in the past that Pryce is not too interested in Iowa? Maybe that’s changed.

Hasn’t there been chatter in the past that Pryce is not too interested in Iowa? Maybe that’s changed.
I don't think so, just some wondering if that's why he wasn't offered. But given the low number of offers for him, I think other schools are being cautious. I have a feeling that now that Iowa has offered, he'll start getting offers from several schools.

I don't think so, just some wondering if that's why he wasn't offered. But given the low number of offers for him, I think other schools are being cautious. I have a feeling that now that Iowa has offered, he'll start getting offers from several schools.

Drake and Iowa are his only offers. Don't understand that. At all.

Maybe others are being cautious/not wasting their time/money because they know he's going to Iowa?

Has anyone seen Pryce play? Would he be more of a wing or guard in college? I like the idea of a 6'7"+ PG coming in his class.

Why did Xavier Booker come last weekend?

It seems we have no chance with him.

Seems odd he made the trip when he hasn't gone to IU.

Why did Xavier Booker come last weekend?

It seems we have no chance with him.

Seems odd he made the trip when he hasn't gone to IU.

I saw a story where last weekend Iowa welcomed:

* Parker Friedrichsen (which we knew about). Keegan Murray and Payton Sandfort were his hosts. Iowa offered on July 25, 2021

* Pryce Sandfort was offered on Oct 17, 2021.

* Matas Buzelis, a Brewster Academy (NH) forward, same high school as Dasonte Bowen. He has an Iowa offer.

* Xavier Booker. Iowa offered on June 15,2021

* Boden Kapke

Yeah, we know he came. But why?
With a commit from a guy that plays his position in his class.

Probably he came to see Purdue, his probable school of choice.

• Haha
Reactions: BBHawk
Yeah, we know he came. But why?
With a commit from a guy that plays his position in his class.

Probably he came to see Purdue, his probable school of choice.
You aren't the sharpest tool in the drawer if you think he went on an Iowa visit because he's interested in Purdue.

Reactions: chaneccooms
Looks pretty good to me. Guess he's not carrying the ball, but it's close
Yes please on Buzelis! What a player!
Buzdlis highlights remind me of Filipowski....just younger and not as physically developed, but the kid has skill and athleticism to go along with his size and assertive approach to the game.

I like how Fran is making all of these connections on the East Coast.

As I noted above, Dasonte Bowen & Matas Buzelis are Brewster High School teammates.

Will these relationships help in landing him?

Can't hurt. Getting him to visit was a huge step, imo.

Click on his name & check out his 22 offers.

Iowa offered Pryce Sandfort on Oct 16, 2021.

He visited on October 16, 2021.

This is a really good story on his visit. He discusses possibly playing with his brother, the culture at Iowa, how Fran runs practices, when he would like to make a commitment decision, and more.

He only has 2 offers: Iowa and Drake

He's hearing the most from Iowa State, UNI, Gonzaga and Wake Forest.

Iowa State and Drake have come to some open gyms and have mentioned him taking a visit.

LINK to Story: https://www.si.com/college/iowa/basketball/pryce-sandfort-talks-iowa-offer

Last edited:
The thread title & orig post will always be current.

For 2022, right now, we have one scholarship available.

And for 2023, right now, Iowa has TWO scholarships available.

Summary of where things are at for 2023:

Iowa is keeping an eye on/ has interest in Boden Kapke, who visited on October 16, 2021.

Iowa has now extended 18 offers so far for the Class of 2023.

Of these 18 Offers, NINE have visited, ONE has Committed:

Pryce Sandfort (Iowa offered on Oct 16, 2021)

SF, 6'6', 165, Waukee, IA

Visited on October 16, 2021

Parker Friedrichsen (Iowa offered on July 25, 2021)

SG, 6'4", 165, Bixby, OK

Gavin Griffiths (Iowa offered on June 29, 2021)

SF, 6'7", 180, West Hartford, CT

Officially Visited on October 16, 2021

Matas Buzelis (Iowa offered on June 15, 2021)

SF, 6'8", 170, Wolfeboro, NH

He goes to the same HS (Brewster Academy) as Dasonte Bowen.

Xavier Booker (Iowa offered on June 15,2021)

PF, 6'10", 215, Indianapolis, IN

Owen Freeman (Iowa offered on June 1, 2021)

C, 6'9", 220, Bradley, IL

Officially visited the weekend of Oct 8, 2021.

Committed to Iowa on Oct 11, 2021.

T.J. Power (Iowa offered on Aug 27, 2020)

PF, 6'8", 190, Shrewsbury, MA

Officially visited the weekend of Oct 8, 2021.

According to Rivals, Iowa is the first school he visited.

TJ (2023), Dasonte Bowen (2022), Josh Ogundele (2020) & Iowa Assistant Coach Courtney Eldridge (1998) are all part of BABC (Boston Amateur Basketball Club).

Gus Yalden (Iowa offered on July 8, 2020)

PF, 6'8", 240, Bradenton, FL

He unofficially visited Iowa on Sat June 12, 2021.

Omaha Biliew (Iowa offered on May 21, 2019)

PF, 6'8", 205, Waukee, IA

The Hawkeyes were the first to offer Omaha.

Omaha Unofficially Visited June 7, 2021

Iowa offered Omaha Biliew on May 21, 2019. The Hawkeyes were the first to offer Omaha. Omaha Unofficially Visited June 7, 2021.

I still think college will be a last choice. By 2023, high school seniors could be eligible again for the NBA Draft. If not, another option is playing one year in the G League for at least $500,000.

And if does decide to play in college for one year, it likely will be at a blue blood like Kansas or Kentucky.

Omaha is fully aware of stats like these:

Iowa offered Omaha Biliew on May 21, 2019. The Hawkeyes were the first to offer Omaha. Omaha Unofficially Visited June 7, 2021.

I still think college will be a last choice. By 2023, high school seniors could be eligible again for the NBA Draft. If not, another option is playing one year in the G League for at least $500,000.

And if does decide to play in college for one year, it likely will be at a blue blood like Kansas or Kentucky.

Omaha is fully aware of stats like these:

Hopefully he or his advisers realize that one the primary reasons those programs put those players in the NBA is because of who they recruit, more so than how they develop….. I look at Kentucky’s record last year with how they recruit…. And wonder about those results.

Hopefully he or his advisers realize that one the primary reasons those programs put those players in the NBA is because of who they recruit, more so than how they develop….. I look at Kentucky’s record last year with how they recruit…. And wonder about those results.
Kentucky went 9-16 last year.

Reactions: Sheahawk
New offer.

The 6-foot-6 forward has offers from Iowa, Indiana, Butler, Akron, Northern Illinois, UMass, Bradley, Indiana State, Miami (Ohio) and is receiving interest from Xavier, Creighton, Kansas State and Utah among others.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT