ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting. Orig Post Updated Jan 1. ZERO Scholarships Currently Available. 34 Offers So Far (incl. Pryce Sandfort, Owen Freeman, Brock Harding)

Iowa has not yet extended an offer but is interested in and watching Brock Harding.

Kirk Speraw watched him play in a game in person on Jan 12, 2022. See the previous post for video.

He then visited Iowa for the Jan 13, 2022 Indiana game.

Rivals reports that he has 6 offers: Colorado State, Drake, Bradley, Western Illinois, Southeast Missouri State and Illinois State.

This is a FREE story from today.

Last edited:
Iowa offered Pryce Sandfort on Oct 16, 2021 when he was on a visit.

In the Jan 12 game vs Marshalltown. Sandfort finished the game with 42 points and 11 rebounds while shooting 12-of-18 from the field, 5-of-6 from three, and 13-of-14 from the FT line.

Check these out & Watch:

Reactions: unclesammy
I hope Pryce comes to Iowa. Another set of brothers would be nice. 🙂

Rivals reports that Pryce only has 2 offers: Iowa and Drake. However, on Jan 5 he was offered by Washington State. For some reason Rivals does not keep basketball player profiles current and they come in really late with ratings (examples: the Murray twins and Josh Dix all got late 3 Star ratings).

Any way, I would be shocked if Pryce does not join his brother at Iowa.

The 2023 class would then have these 2 as important cornerstones:

1500x500

Last edited:
Reactions: perryhawk
Iowa has not yet extended an offer but is interested in and watching Brock Harding.

Kirk Speraw watched him play in a game in person on Jan 12, 2022. See the previous post for video.

He then visited Iowa for the Jan 13, 2022 Indiana game.

Rivals reports that he has 6 offers: Colorado State, Drake, Bradley, Western Illinois, Southeast Missouri State and Illinois State.

This is a FREE story from today.

Was the last Moline Maroon basketball player to play at Iowa, Acie Earl, and before that Scott Thompson who was the son of then Moline basketball coach and former Hawkeye Herb Thompson, and before that Bill Seaberg? Can't think of any others....

Reactions: Franisdaman
Was the last Moline Maroon basketball player to play at Iowa, Acie Earl, and before that Scott Thompson who was the son of then Moline basketball coach and former Hawkeye Herb Thompson, and before that Bill Seaberg? Can't think of any others....

great memory.

have you seen Brock play?

I believe Jim Hallstrom started out at Iowa before transferring to Evansville.

The original post has been updated.

Today Iowa made its 21st offer for the 2023 Class by offering 6'11" Center Boden Kapke

Boden visited on October 16, 2021 (Purdue game).

Rivals reports him having one other offer (Minnesota).

great memory.

have you seen Brock play?
No not yet, even though I'm an alum and senior citizen and have free access to Moline football and basketball home games, I just haven't had time to attend any games, they are 18 and 3 on the season and as in Iowa's case they do not have a interior big man to man the middle and they rely on speed, quickness, and shooting to carry them through. They are not a one man team be any means.
Besides 6ft Jr. Brock Harding they rely on 6'2 Sr Rob Pulliam, coaches son Sr. 6ft Kyle Tylor, 6Ft. Jr. Jasper Ogburn, 6'3 Jr. Grant Welch and 6'7 Jr. Maddux Dieckman and others on the roster. Other then Diekman they are all small guards that coach Tylor uses to his advantage.

Iowa offered Boden Kapke on Jan 19, 2022.

He visited Iowa on October 16, 2021 (Purdue game)

This video (posted Jan 17) is of his junior year, mid season highlights.

He's crafty around the basket, can step back and hit the 3 and has a nice mid range game.

He's right handed yet comfortable shooting with both his left and right hands around the basket.

He runs the floor well and is a rim protector.

He kicks it out to the open man when double teamed. Very smart basketball player.

Watch here:

Last edited:
Iowa offered 6'11", 230 lb Center Boden Kapke on Jan 19, 2022. He is Iowa's latest (and 21st) offer.

His offers so far: Loyola Chicago, Minnesota, Iowa, Xavier.

Boden visited Iowa on October 16, 2021 (Purdue game).

These highlights are from one month ago.

Check this out & Watch:

Last edited:
This is for Franisdaman: Channel 8, WQUA Moline ran a nice piece tonight on Brock Harding by Matt Randazzo that lasted a little over 3 minutes, if anyone can transfer that story to this site, I'm guessing its you.

This is for Franisdaman: Channel 8, WQUA Moline ran a nice piece tonight on Brock Harding by Matt Randazzo that lasted a little over 3 minutes, if anyone can transfer that story to this site, I'm guessing its you.

Check this out & Watch:

Iowa has not yet extended an offer but is interested in and is watching Brock Harding.

Kirk Speraw watched him play in a game in person on Jan 12, 2022. He then visited Iowa for the Jan 13, 2022 Indiana game.

Brock scored 26 tonight leading Moline to it's season best 13 game winning streak and avenging an earlier loss to QC rival Rock Island at Rock Island 68 to 63 win. Tomorrow night is M-Men's night at Wharton Field House in Moline, against Dixon Illinois. Think I'll take that game in and see for myself how good this kid is.
Fran thanks for posting that video for me, I thought it was worth the effort to post on here... It would be pretty neat to get another local player go to Iowa as I believe Ricky Davis from Davenport North was the last player to do so in 1097/98 season.

Last edited:
Brock scored 26 tonight leading Moline to it's season best 13 game winning streak and avenging an earlier loss to QC rival Rock Island at Rock Island 68 to 63 win in OT. Tomorrow night is M-Men's night at Wharton Field House in Moline, against Peru Illinois. Think I'll take that game in and see for myself how good this kid is.
Fran thanks for posting that video for me, I thought it was worth the effort to post on here... It would be pretty neat to get another local player go to Iowa as I believe Ricky Davis from Davenport North was the last player to do so in 1097/98 season.

Jackson is a sports reporter for the Quad Cities Times.

The kid is money, 10 for 10 at the free throw line....and I think he's a Hawkeye fan. Go get him Fran.🤩

Last edited:
Well, I went to the game and I will have to admit, I wasn't all that impressed, but it was a blowout game that Moline won by around 40 points and the day after a tough game against their hated rival Rock Island. Brock and the starting lineup only played around a half of the game and none in the third or forth quarter.
He's quick, likes to be a facilitator but he tends to throw up a lot of awkward shots that Iowa fans would not like to see taken, that needs to be cleaned up. He's going to have to improve immensely before I believe Iowa would offer him a scholarship unless he was given a preferred walk-on status by Fran. Only one game so it's not a evaluation that holds a lot of water.

Well, I went to the game and I will have to admit, I wasn't all that impressed, but it was a blowout game that Moline won by around 40 points and the day after a tough game against their hated rival Rock Island. Brock and the starting lineup only played around a half of the game and none in the third or forth quarter.
He's quick, likes to be a facilitator but he tends to throw up a lot of awkward shots that Iowa fans would not like to see taken, that needs to be cleaned up. He's going to have to improve immensely before I believe Iowa would offer him a scholarship unless he was given a preferred walk-on status by Fran. Only one game so it's not a evaluation that holds a lot of water.

thanks for your updates

it will be interesting to see if/when he gets a Power 5 offer.

also, is he a legit 6 feet tall?

thanks for your updates

it will be interesting to see if/when he gets a Power 5 offer.

also, is he a legit 6 feet tall?
Hard to tell from the second level of Wharton, but he appears to be close to that. In my opinion, Iowa having had Jordan Bohannan for the last 6 years and how it's all ending for JBO, may hinder him from getting any traction of getting a scholarship offer from the Hawkeyes. That is a distinct and very real possibility but by the time the kid graduated from Moline in a little over a year he will make some D1 college team a vary respectable if not outstanding point guard.

Tonight at Wharton Field House in Moline Illinois, Brock Harding led Moline to their 15th straight win and avenged an earlier loss that was at Quincy High School to the tune of 76 to 57. Harding finished with 30 points and completely dominated the game. The kid was electric tonight. Quincy was undefeated (10 and 0) in conference going into tonight's game. Moline is now 23 and 3 on the season, Quincy is now 19 and 5.

Tonight at Wharton Field House in Moline Illinois, Brock Harding led Moline to their 15th straight win and avenged an earlier loss that was at Quincy High School to the tune of 76 to 57. Harding finished with 30 points and completely dominated the game. The kid was electric tonight. Quincy was undefeated (10 and 0) in conference going into tonight's game. Moline is now 23 and 3 on the season, Quincy is now 19 and 5.

The story from the QC Times:

As mentioned previously, Iowa has not yet extended an offer but is interested in and is watching Brock Harding.

Kirk Speraw watched him play in a game in person on Jan 12, 2022. He then visited Iowa for the Jan 13, 2022 Indiana game.

These highlights are from Jan 31, 2021.

Watch:

Reactions: Hawksfinal4
Some of my high school friends say he's the best player to come out of Moline. That's an extreme statement considering it takes in some 40 years just since we all graduated from Moline. Steve Kuberski who went to Illinois and then Evansville and played a number of years with the Celtics played for Moline as did Scott Thompson who played for Iowa in the 70's. AC Earl in the late 80's was a staple during Tom Davis's years and also played for the Celtics. We'll see, still a junior and who knows how he'll be in college.
To play in the Big Ten we all know the road Jordan Bohannan took and the potential defensive labilities of a 6 foot guard at that college level.
Not saying he can't play at that level but he's not at the level of Jay Burson or a Scott Styles, yet.
I didn't see Jordan Bohannan in high school but he might be just as good as Jordan was when Jordan was a junior. Just guessing...

After rereading my post of last night, I have to apologize for my evaluation of Brock. There's plenty of 6 foot, 6 foot one guards in college basketball that are terrific at the college level and I don't doubt that wherever Brock ends up, whether in the Big Ten or any other high P5 institution he will be terrific at that level also. He's that good.....

ADVERTISEMENT