ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting. Orig Post Updated Jan 1. ZERO Scholarships Currently Available. 34 Offers So Far (incl. Pryce Sandfort, Owen Freeman, Brock Harding)

I could deal with the odd sub .500 season if the Hawks were going to six Elite 8s every 10 years.
I certainly agree with that.....just wonder how, with all of that talent, they finish sub .500 in any season? Maybe there was really bad covid issues for them, but still if they can field a team, their roster is full of highly rated recruits.

Reactions: BBHawk
I certainly agree with that.....just wonder how, with all of that talent, they finish sub .500 in any season? Maybe there was really bad covid issues for them, but still if they can field a team, their roster is full of highly rated recruits.

Meh, sometimes they come together, sometimes they don't. I mean, they lost to Robert Morris in the 1st round of the NIT the year Iowa played Baylor for the title. They were in the Final Four the year before and the year after.

Meh, sometimes they come together, sometimes they don't. I mean, they lost to Robert Morris in the 1st round of the NIT the year Iowa played Baylor for the title. They were in the Final Four the year before and the year after.
You could give ME the recruits they get and I could get them to average what they are. The difference is that Cal is willing to "go that extra mile" ($$$$$$$) to bring them in.

There has been cheating in recruiting at every school where he has coached. That is not a coincidence.

You could give ME the recruits they get and I could get them to average what they are. The difference is that Cal is willing to "go that extra mile" ($$$$$$$) to bring them in.

There has been cheating in recruiting at every school where he has coached. That is not a coincidence.

And, I was only talking about their success. How they get there is another matter. And, with NIL, we'll see if the scales balance or not.

Reactions: BBHawk
We sure could use a guy like that.

What's kinda cool is it is VERY likely that 4 Star, Top 100 Pryce Sandfort commits & joins Owen Freeman.

Owen, of course, had 13 total offers, including from home state Illinois, Indiana, Michigan State, Ohio State, Purdue, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Notre Dame.

This class could be pretty dang good.

Why would a talented player playing in Bloomington IN with an offer from Indiana, choose to come to Iowa instead unless he really wanted to get away from home?

Reactions: drh1150
Maxsamus Wilson is a 6’4″ 2023 Point Guard out of Hopkins, MN High School.

Looks like Sherman Dillard has been watching.

Let me know if I....I mean, if Fran, should offer!

Watch:

Reactions: perryhawk
Iowa offered Matas Buzelis on June 15, 2021.

He goes to the same HS (Brewster Academy) as Dasonte Bowen.

He visited Iowa on October 16, 2021.

Iowa offered Taylor Bowen on April 2, 2020.

Iowa was his FIRST high major offer.

Dasonte Bowen (2022 PG Commit) and Taylor Bowen attend the same High School (Brewster Academy in Wolfeboro, NH) and play on the same AAU team (Expressions Elite).

This is not a good development.

Payton Sandfort has been playing really well so far for the Hawks.

Pryce, his younger brother, projects to be even better.

See below. Pryce is a 4 Star, Top 100 player at the moment. Compare that to Payton's final Rivals rating, where he was a 3 Star and NOT a Top 100 player.

With Owen Freeman already committed, the 2023 Iowa recruiting class could be really special.

The original post has been updated. Iowa is now up to 20 offers and 1 commit (Owen Freeman).

Iowa offered Joseph Estrella yesterday, Dec 16, 2021.

He is a 6'10" C/F out of South Portland, ME.

Last edited:
These Joseph Estrella highlights were posted on Nov 3, 2021.

He has great size (6'10) and is crafty around the basket.

He has a nice stroke and can confidently hit the 3.

He likes to rebound.

He's also a good shot blocker/rim protector.

A lot to like in this kid.

Watch Here:

Last edited:
Iowa has offered 6 of these 9 top prospects from the New England area (see tweet at end of this post).

3 of the 6 attend Brewster Academy, the same High School as Dasonte Bowen.

The 6 Top New England Prospects Iowa has offered:

(1) Taylor Bowen, on April 2, 2020

(2) TJ Power, on Aug 27, 2020

(3) Matas Buzelis, on June 15, 2021

(4) Reid Ducharme, on June 15, 2021

(5) Gavin Griffiths, on June 29, 2021

(6) Joseph (JP) Estrella, on Dec 16, 2021

Last edited:
Iowa offered Owen Freeman on June 1, 2021.

He officially visited the weekend of Oct 8, 2021.

He committed to Iowa on Oct 11, 2021.

He's having a great junior season.

Check these stats out from last night.

The orig post has been updated.

Currently we only have 2 scholarships available for the 2023 Class.

One of the 2
likely goes to Pryce Sandfort , who Iowa offered on Oct 16, 2021.

Will the final scholarship (as things stand now) go to JaQualon Roberts ?

Iowa offered JQ on Oct 29, 2021.

He unofficially visited (paid his own way) on Dec 21, 2021 for the SE Louisiana game.

N1vSlFMH

We have one commit so far for the 2023 Class, Owen Freeman , who Iowa offered on June 1, 2021.

Owen officially visited the weekend of Oct 8, 2021. He then committed 3 days later, on Oct 11, 2021.

He then unofficially visited on Dec 21, 2021 for the SE Louisiana game.

Here he is on Dec 21, with his mom.

FHLF_WdWYAATGU-

Last edited:
Reactions: perryhawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT