ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Recruiting. Orig Post Updated Jan 1. ZERO Scholarships Currently Available. 34 Offers So Far (incl. Pryce Sandfort, Owen Freeman, Brock Harding)

Good thread especially the last few pages. Any information on when the Juco big plans to sign. Looks like a prospect that could get better offers in the Spring. Although with the transfer market now maybe no longer the case.

On another site, I found an article from Aug 11. It said he was in no rush for a commitment and looks to weigh all his options before making a decision.

The article also pointed out what he needs to work on:

* Strength is his #1 issue. He's only 210 lbs.

* He is left hand dominate. He and his coaches are working on his right hand

* He needs be be more consistent in shot making

Hopefully there is enough interest where Fran get him to visit

He's already visited USC. He visits Syracuse next weekend (Sep 23).

He's stated that his plan is to make a college choice in November.
According to ZagsBlog, Fielder is also visiting Miami FL on Sept. 29. So he'll only have 1 official remaining to use after that.

Reactions: Ronman
Not sure what the attraction may be but good luck to the young man.
My guess would be a relationship with one of the assistants. Someone Drew trusts in tight with a Providence assistant. Providence has a good coach and is a solid program.

Another big off the table.

Papa Kante was offer #24 of the 33 total offers Fran has handed out for the 2023 class. Iowa offered on Jan 27, 2022.

He is down to 5 schools: Maryland, Memphis, Michigan, Pittsburgh, and Rutgers.

Another one off the board.

Taison Chatman was offer #6 of 33 total offers that Fran has given out for the class of 2023. Iowa offered on Aug 13, 2020.

He was quoted as saying that he and his dad visited on a Friday for the preseason opener (assuming this was Fri, Nov 5 vs Slippery Rock).

Taison, Pryce Sandfort and Boden Kapke were teammates on D1 Minnesota 17U.

Taison is announcing his decision at 7 pm tonight. The 5 finalists: Kansas, Minnesota, Virginia, Ohio State and Xavier.

The experts have him heading to Ohio State.

Another one off the board.

Taison Chatman was offer #6 of 33 total offers that Fran has given out for the class of 2023. Iowa offered on Aug 13, 2020.

He was quoted as saying that he and his dad visited on a Friday for the preseason opener (assuming this was Fri, Nov 5 vs Slippery Rock).

Taison, Pryce Sandfort and Boden Kapke were teammates on D1 Minnesota 17U.

Taison is announcing his decision at 7 pm tonight. The 5 finalists: Kansas, Minnesota, Virginia, Ohio State and Xavier.
Buck nuts I believe.

Reactions: Franisdaman
Yep. 3 Rivals publishers/analysts have him heading to Columbus

Big loss for Minnesota. It is a short 20 minute drive (14.3 miles) from Fridley MN to Williams Arena. And losing a Top 70 instate kid to a conference foe sucks for their fan base.
Honestly don't remember the last highly rated kid from Twin Cities who stayed in Minny.

Last edited:
Yep. 3 Rivals publishers/analysts have him heading to Columbus

Big loss for Minnesota. It is a short 20 minute drive (14.3 miles) from Fridley MN to Williams Arena. And losing a Top 70 instate kid to a conference foe sucks for their fan base.
From what I've read, Minnesota is having some of the same issues with NIL for prospects that we currently have. Taison heard how much OSU and Kansas were dishing out and it basically became a bidding war. OSU seems to have quite the payroll for basketball as well; I'm fairly certain we'll see Lebron James JR AKA Bronny in the Big Ten due to this.

Reactions: Franisdaman
What are we down to? Our 6th or 7th choice? Maybe we should bank the schollie and hope for a great year. If we put another player in the NBA and we get our NIL together, we might actually attract one of our first choices next year.

What are we down to? Our 6th or 7th choice? Maybe we should bank the schollie and hope for a great year. If we put another player in the NBA and we get our NIL together, we might actually attract one of our first choices next year.
Aaron White, Perkins, and the Murray's weren't any high major's first, second, or third choice. So u never know.

From what I've read, Minnesota is having some of the same issues with NIL for prospects that we currently have. Taison heard how much OSU and Kansas were dishing out and it basically became a bidding war. OSU seems to have quite the payroll for basketball as well; I'm fairly certain we'll see Lebron James JR AKA Bronny in the Big Ten due to this.
True but this pre dated NIL.

Honestly don't remember the last highly rated kid from Twin Cities who stayed in Minny.

Amir Coffey in 2016.

When looking at the top 3 basketball seniors in the state of Minnesota for the 2023 class, the Gophers might lose ALL 3 to out of state programs.

Some excerpts from a story from yesterday (Sep 20) from the Minneapolis Star Tribune:

Taison is the No. 1 basketball senior in Minnesota. He is heading to Ohio State.

2 of the top 3 basketball seniors in Minnesota are now off the board. Chatman's AAU teammate Boden Kapke, a 6-11 Holy Family center, committed to Butler.

Lakeville North forward Nolan Winter, the No. 2 senior in the state of Minnesota, is expected to make his decision this fall between the Gophers and Wisconsin

The last No. 1 player from Minnesota to stay home to play for the Gophers was Amir Coffey in 2016.

Last year, Cretin-Derham Hall's (St Paul Catholic school) Tre Holloman signed with Michigan State.

Minnehaha Academy (Minneapolis school) sent back-to-back five-star prospects and future NBA draft picks to Gonzaga with Jalen Suggs and Chet Holmgren in 2019 and 2020.

The home state Gophers recruited Chatman heavily this summer, but they didn't get an official visit. Ben Johnson's pursuit of Chatman changed after receiving a commitment from four-star guard Cameron Christie, the No. 1 senior in Illinois.

The Full Story:

Last edited:

Are any of these guys post players?

Bath 6-9. Looks bigger than the kid from Chicago.

I see that another site has Patrick Bath as a 3 star and the #217 player in the country. He's received 4 offers: Valpo, South Dakota, Siena, and Cal Poly.

Rivals hasn't ranked him yet; hell, they don't even know what he looks like. ;)

10615858.jpeg

Looks like money talks.

Taison Chatman joins Devin Royal, Scotty Middleton and Austin Parks in Ohio State’s 2023 recruiting class.

One recruiting site has Ohio State's 2023 class ranked #5 overall in the country.

• Angry
Reactions: 1911_Bandit
If Bath is as good as it gets, I agree with you. I'm not impressed.

I see that another site has Patrick Bath as a 3 star and the #217 player in the country. He's received 4 offers: Valpo, South Dakota, Siena, and Cal Poly.

Rivals hasn't ranked him yet; hell, they don't even know what he looks like. ;)

10615858.jpeg
Heide looks more explosive than Bath or the twin from Someone. Hope Fran can get him on Campus for Michigan or Northwestern.

Heide looks more explosive than Bath or the twin from Someone. Hope Fran can get him on Campus for Michigan or Northwestern.

More offers might come but these are the 3 bigs left who Fran has offered.

(Offer #33 of 33) Saliou Seye (Iowa offered September 11, 2022)

PF, 7'0, 210, Ellsworth CC, Iowa Falls, IA (via Senegal)

(Offer #30 of 33)
Miles Heide (Iowa offered June 28, 2022)

PF, 6'8, 200, Snoqualmie, WA

(Offer #28 of 33) Kaden Cooper (Iowa offered June 7, 2022)

SF, 6'6", 175, Atlanta, GA

Reactions: perryhawk
ADVERTISEMENT