ADVERTISEMENT

2023 WR Kyler Kasper, son of Kevin. Unofficially Visited June 7, 2021. Invited to 2023 All-American Bowl

And if you missed this 10/15/2020 story from @TomKakert , it's a good read.

zpfqnqu3u7u0i6h2dozf

No clue where he ends up but can guarantee one school he does not go to. But my guess is they don’t need him (their excuse after they lose another recruiting battle to Big bro).

No clue where he ends up but can guarantee one school he does not go to. But my guess is they don’t need him (their excuse after they lose another recruiting battle to Big bro).
i think his recruiting is gonna take off; that article from Tom that I posted above will give you goose bumps; I can guarantee you where his dad would want him to go ;)

Reactions: Rambler Hawk
i think his recruiting is gonna take off; that article from Tom that I posted above will give you goose bumps; I can guarantee you where his dad would want him to go ;)
Yep I know he is gonna be a monster recruit. Fran - was only saying I guarantee there is 1 school who offered that he isn’t going.

• Love
Reactions: Franisdaman
Great athlete with great hands. Will need to add some weight but he has the frame to easily do that. I would guess he is not afraid to throw a block. Man, I hope we land Kyler. We should have as good a shot as anybody and maybe better.

This might be a reason why:

Seems to like the idea of playing near home.
That article talks about his parents being able to see all his home games.

I don’t think there’s a snowball’s chance in hell that the Kaspers won’t be at every game in Kinnick, plus some road games if Kyler goes to Iowa. Those people absolutely bleed black and gold.

That article talks about his parents being able to see all his home games.

I don’t think there’s a snowball’s chance in hell that the Kaspers won’t be at every game in Kinnick, plus some road games if Kyler goes to Iowa. Those people absolutely bleed black and gold.
Agreed. But reading that article did make it seem like he is already friends with a bunch of the players at ASU. I imagine he might feel a little conflicted between the school his parents love and the hometown school that his friends are going to.

Fast, can really jump and has a big catch radius, which is really important at Iowa (different topic). Very impressive on contested “jump balls.”

Hope we can keep him in the fold. Something tells me Bluebloods will get involved, shortly.

Reactions: pink shizzle
Am I the only one a little disappointed he didn’t commit already on the visit?
No disappointed in the least bit as I never would have expected him to commit on his visit. The kid has a lot of appealing options so despite his fathers affinity for Iowa, see no reason why the kid shouldn't/wouldn't explore all his options. It would be one thing if he had little to no P5 interest or offers but this kid has a lot of good options on the table, no need to rush.

Couldn't get him a helmet with some tape on the facemask?

PzSez-jXpibyTl2riDN4pA8UUm0WWVaRHtjyUOEVrfi_hsodVKm11WxZdKh6sPY_uK8-pBhFUPHnR4EGglFXBy74zholKqM-9GlpKxMjYly0ytRpiao

Or maybe just use dad's Hula bowl helmet to really represent?
EjuzPZ2UYAEhh_l.jpg

And to whomever said it, yes it looks like Kevin could strap on the pads and be a damn good slot receiver for us today. 20 years after he graduated.

I understand why he would stay close to home. But I hope he commits. Kirk was Kevin's head coach. KOK was Kevin's offensive coordinator and is the QB coach. Levar Woods played with Kevin and is the special teams coach. Ladell Betts played with Kevin and is the running backs coach. That is a lot of connections on the team one generation later.

I have no idea what Kyler K will do, but I do know this: His dad is one of my favorite Hawkeyes. I can't recall Kevin ever dropping a pass, but I do remember him making multiple great catches. Good luck to Kyler wherever he chooses to go to school, but the football atmosphere at ASU, IMHO, doesn't begin to compare to that at Iowa.

Agreed. But reading that article did make it seem like he is already friends with a bunch of the players at ASU. I imagine he might feel a little conflicted between the school his parents love and the hometown school that his friends are going to.
You and I read the same article...not so sure others did. 4-star WRs who grow up in the West live for the Pac 12, and the Rose Bowl. I'm sure he loves his parents very much, however . . . The Trojans haven't offered yet, but that just might be the worst thing that could happen. Accepting a USC offer would mean simple drive/flight from Phx to Lax, and WR heaven.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT