ADVERTISEMENT

2023 your pick

squeezebox

HR Heisman
Mar 6, 2018
Next years schedule looks pretty decent for the hawks. I'm going to assume Padilla is headed out. I really hope they go hard after some transfers, it would be nice to get a weapon or two at WR, but the QB position has to be addressed. Are you happy with a Labas/Lainez at QB? Petras returning is not an option (even though it is)

Sept. 2 Western Michigan
Sept. 9 at Iowa State
Sept. 16 Utah State
Sept. 23Purdue (FW)
Sept. 30 at Wisconsin
Oct. 7Rutgers (HC)
Oct. 14at Northwestern
Oct. 21 Michigan State
Oct. 28 at Penn State
Nov. 4 Minnesota
Nov. 18Illinois
Nov. 24 at Nebraska

Reactions: TheHawk86
Labas hasn’t even taken a snap and you’re already counting him out? Seems like a potential Tate-like QB to me that we need to look at.

I’m excited about next years D. LB corps will have to be rebuilt, but the line returns a ton and the secondary will be scary. X and Cooper at safety. Castro at cash. Jermari, Hill, and possibly Terry returning at CB.

Labas hasn’t even taken a snap and you’re already counting him out? Seems like a potential Tate-like QB to me that we need to look at.

I’m excited about next years D. LB corps will have to be rebuilt, but the line returns a ton and the secondary will be scary. X and Cooper at safety. Castro at cash. Jermari, Hill, and possibly Terry returning at CB.
I am not looking to start a 1st year QB with Iowa's potential next year.

Well, if he can’t beat out a QB who’s got no mobility, no pocket awareness and struggles completing passes on 5-7 yard slant/out patterns, there’s some room for concern.

Reactions: Greenway4Prez

I expect the DB core to look like this:

FS: Schulte
SS: X
CASH: Castro
CB: Cooper
CB: Terry
CB: Harris

Secondary is gonna be DEEP

Reactions: ichawk24
Next years schedule looks pretty decent for the hawks. I'm going to assume Padilla is headed out. I really hope they go hard after some transfers, it would be nice to get a weapon or two at WR, but the QB position has to be addressed. Are you happy with a Labas/Lainez at QB? Petras returning is not an option (even though it is)

Sept. 2 Western Michigan
Sept. 9 at Iowa State
Sept. 16 Utah State
Sept. 23Purdue (FW)
Sept. 30 at Wisconsin
Oct. 7Rutgers (HC)
Oct. 14at Northwestern
Oct. 21 Michigan State
Oct. 28 at Penn State
Nov. 4 Minnesota
Nov. 18Illinois
Nov. 24 at Nebraska
I thought the conference schedule was not set yet. This is the old version?

Reactions: sober_teacher
Why would Padilla leave? He would have the inside track on the job next year. Much better than going to CSU and starting over.

Reactions: pistachio1999
Schedule was set. But next year's B1G schedule was removed from Hawkeyesports.

I suspect it's because B1G does not have divisions next year.

Reactions: sober_teacher

Schedule was set. But next year's B1G schedule was removed from Hawkeyesports.

I suspect it's because B1G does not have divisions next year.

Schedules have to be redone with USC/UCLA coming in.

I read somewhere that the B1G is only going to release one year's schedule at a time, they will no longer schedule out in advance.

I read somewhere that the B1G is only going to release one year's schedule at a time, they will no longer schedule out in advance.

Could see that at least for the short term. Makes zero sense to plan years out on the schedule until the realignment merry go round stops spinning.

Reactions: kceasthawk
I wonder if Marco is planning to enroll at Iowa in January so he can participate in spring ball?
He gave an interview after he committed stating that he was in the process of talking with Iowa about it, so I'm assuming that's a good sign.

Last edited:
Reactions: NevadaHawk
He gave an interview after he committed stating that he was in the process of talking with Iowa about it, so I'm assuming that's a good sign.

If he’s smart he will try to make this happen. Barring absolutely wowing coaches in august, trying to win the job in just one month is a tough ask.

Reactions: NevadaHawk
It will be Labas’ third year in the system. That’s why it’s inexcusable not to get him some reps this year to see what you have.

Also, it’s ridiculous that we’re playing Wisconsin in September.
We did in 2018 ish. The year of the turnovers that sunk us in that one.

If he’s smart he will try to make this happen. Barring absolutely wowing coaches in august, trying to win the job in just one month is a tough ask.
Under KF and most coaches I'd say winning the job as a true Freshman is almost an impossible task

JL isnt getting it is the rumor, so I wouldn't put ahead of Lainez. May be a true Fr to start or, maybe, the portal....

ADVERTISEMENT