2024 Recruiting. Orig Post Updated Oct 27th. 26 Offers So Far (including Cooper Koch). 5 Scholarships Currently Available

HawkHoops80

HR MVP
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2022
another site is reporting that Fran is all in on this guy.

note that some consider TJ Power as the #1 prospect in the class of 2023; this kid is just #4 in 2024 ;)
To add, it was an interview with a national reporter Tucker did where he said the 2 schools he's felt prioritized him were Iowa and Duke.

He's an interesting prospect--decided not to play AAU this past year to not add extra mileage on his body. He's been on Team USA for his age group the past couple of seasons though and has some phenomenal highlights. His game is very similar to the Murrays so it makes sense why Iowa may be somewhat intriguing.

hooper56

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2001
Be so great to land an athletic player like this. I wonder if we have a real shot?

HawkHoops80

HR MVP
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2022

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa

Donnie Freeman previews visits, planning more trips

Aug 21, 2022
By Travis Graf, National Basketball Recruiting Analyst

Class of 2024 forward Donnie Freeman projects as one of the next top prospects to come out of the DMV area. He played up an age group this summer on the EYBL, suiting up for Team Takeover’s 17U squad. An athletic forward with upside and growing versatility, the four-star is starting to gain recruiting traction nationwide.

Freeman spoke with Rivals about the latest in his recruitment and upcoming visit plans.

Programs in the mix:Iowa is hot, Texas is hot, Alabama, Georgetown, Rutgers, and Maryland to name a few, I can’t think of all of them right now.”

Iowa: “Iowa’s a school that I wasn’t really expecting to recruit me, to be honest. When they offered me and the head coach started to talk to me, I really began to like the school. I like what they do with their players and their plans for me in the future if I was to go there.”

Visits: “I have an official visit planned with Iowa on the 26th through 28th, I want to say, I’m not 100-percent sure yet. I have an unofficial planned with Rutgers next week sometime. We’re still trying to figure out some dates and lock in some dates for sure.”

RIVALS REACTION​

This recruitment is far from over, but it’s very evident that relationships will play a key role in where Freeman ends up, as will player development and a team’s vision for him long-term. The official visit to Iowa could help move a needle early on, but don’t sleep on Rutgers or the programs close to home — Maryland and Georgetown. According to Rivals’ Houston Wilson, Freeman will also take official visits to Alabama and Texas “hopefully in September”.

THE FULL STORY:

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Fran is definitely not backing off of going after these high profile, highly rated, players......

I think being the only game still being played before Selection Sunday and Iowa winning the B1G Tournament Championship helped a lot in terms of opening recruits' eyes. Now, if we could finally break through and make a Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament, I think that would further help Fran's cause on the recruiting trail.

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Reactions: Sheahawk

Terrykohawk

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2018
Any word on an offer for Caden Wilkens? Little recruiting noise from us makes it seem like Fran is not that interested in him or is trying to lullaby other schools and then swoop in for the steal

jt91

HR MVP
Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Bettendorf
thehawkeyegroup.com
Any word on an offer for Caden Wilkens? Little recruiting noise from us makes it seem like Fran is not that interested in him or is trying to lullaby other schools and then swoop in for the steal
Caden will be in town this weekend for an unofficial visit. No offer yet, but still in regular communication with the staff.

Terrykohawk

All-Conference
Gold Member
Dec 8, 2018
Duke loses 2-3 early every year, plus whoever actually stuck around to graduate. Not sure if Duke has a history of Creaning though. Still, they normally seem to have bigger recruiting classes than other schools.

HawkHoops80

HR MVP
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2022
Offers/Prospects visits this weekend:

'24 C JT Rock: Creighton, OV
'24 SF Jackson McAndrew: Creighton, UV
'24 PG Travis Perry: Michigan, OV
'24 PG Isaac Asuma: Minnesota, UV
'24 C Jesse McCulloch: West Virginia, UV
'24 CG Andre Mills: Texas A&M, OV

'24 C Donnie Freeman: Iowa, OV
'24 C Raleigh Burgess: Iowa, UV
'24 SF Caden Wilkins: Iowa, UV

Last edited:

hooper56

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2001

'24 CG Andre Mills: Texas A&M, OV

'24 C Donnie Freeman: Iowa, OV
'24 C Raleigh Burgess: Iowa, UV
'24 SF Caden Wilkins: Iowa, UV
Wow that is quite the visitor list. The staff is really killing it on the recruiting trail as of late.

hooper56

HR Legend
Gold Member
Oct 1, 2001
Really? Who has committed "of late"??
Really? No one commits without first visiting. I am sure you are already aware of the 4 current commits we have so I won’t belabor that point. It is not easy to convince kids to visit Iowa. Most know nothing about the state and barely know where it is. Getting a kid on campus is a pretty big step in the process. We are not Kentucky or Duke.

EIHCGuy

Team MVP
Sep 9, 2015
Really? No one commits without first visiting. I am sure you are already aware of the 4 current commits we have so I won’t belabor that point. It is not easy to convince kids to visit Iowa. Most know nothing about the state and barely know where it is. Getting a kid on campus is a pretty big step in the process. We are not Kentucky or Duke.
Recruiting success comes from visits even when they don't commit.

Noted

BBHawk

HR Legend
Oct 31, 2001
Iowa City
Who they be?