2024 Recruiting. Orig Post Updated Oct 27th. 26 Offers So Far (including Cooper Koch). 5 Scholarships Currently Available

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
JT Rock was offer #8 of 25 offers Fran has given out so far for the 2024 class. Iowa offered JT on Nov 16, 2021.

Iowa is expected to host several 2024 and 2025 prospects this weekend. JT Rock, who is taking an official visit, is one of them.

JT also visited Iowa City on Sep 4, 2021 (Indiana game).

HawkHoops80

HR MVP
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2022
Why? He doesn't even have an offer from Iowa yet. He said that he is hoping that things pick up when he starts "playing in open gyms and they can see me play." Sounds like he wants an offer from Iowa.
I think Caden, like anyone, wants to be wanted. An offer would go a long way toward making him want to go to Iowa.
And let's just clear the air--Wilkins has one D1 offer right now and that's to Bryant. It's not like he has a bunch of schools fighting over him at the moment. My hunch is this recruitment ends up identical to Brock Harding's--we'll argue all year why Iowa hasn't offered him then as soon as other options fall through Wilkins will get an offer and we'll hope that it isn't too late.
Right now it looks like Iowa has quite a few 4 stars and high 3 stars that are lining up visits or Iowa is working on getting a visit. The good thing for Wilkins is that it seems the relationship is building since he's visited twice.

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
JT Rock was offer #8 of 25 offers Fran has given out so far for the 2024 class. Iowa offered JT on Nov 16, 2021.

Iowa is expected to host several 2024 and 2025 prospects this weekend. JT Rock, who is taking an official visit, is one of them.

JT also visited Iowa City on Sep 4, 2021 (Indiana game).

According to JT Rock, he is now 7'1 & 240 lbs.

He's on his official visit this weekend.

Sorry, Purdue, but this 7 footer is ours! ;)

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
At the 46 minute mark of this Hawkeye Report Podcast (link at end of post), Tom Kakert & Matt Randazzo talk recruiting.

They discuss that both Class of 2024 JT Rock & Cooper Koch will be in town this weekend.

Malachi Moreno (Class of 2025) will be unofficially visiting this weekend as well. Iowa offered Moreno on Aug 24, 2022. Rivals reports him with offers from Iowa, Purdue, Ohio State, Cincinnati and Missouri.

Link to Listen:

Reactions: HawkHoops80

HawkHoops80

HR MVP
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2022
Prospects with Iowa offers visiting other schools today:
James Brown '24 C--Mizzou OV
Daniel Freitag '24 PG-- Wisconsin UV
Patrick Ngongba '24 PF-- Kansas State UV
Travis Perry '24 PG--Vanderbilt UV
Kai Rogers '25 C-- Wisconsin UV

Haven't seen much else being reported. Will update if I see any others.

Last edited:

CyberJJ

HR All-State
Jan 18, 2002
He also took unofficial visit to Iowa City beginning of August.

Iowa and Creighton I feel lead for Rock
What makes you feel they lead? I realize those are two of the three official visits he has taken which gives some indication, but I haven't seen any commentary from him publically that would indicate anyone leads, and he has a couple of more OV's to schedule. This one feels a ways from being done, although he seems to be aggressively visiting so maybe headed for an earlier commitment, yet again I haven't seen anything publically about that.

2432Hawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jun 22, 2002
Pardeeville, WI
What makes you feel they lead? I realize those are two of the three official visits he has taken which gives some indication, but I haven't seen any commentary from him publically that would indicate anyone leads, and he has a couple of more OV's to schedule. This one feels a ways from being done, although he seems to be aggressively visiting so maybe headed for an earlier commitment, yet again I haven't seen anything publically about that.
Style of play.... both Creighton and Iowa really are appealing to JT based on style of play and how they've used bigs in the past that fits his skillset.

I'm afraid given that dynamic and proximity to home Creighton may be more attractive but with Iowa playing in BigTen and proximity to Minnesota/Nebraska/Iowa State that can help the Hawks.

Buffalo43

HR MVP
Sep 20, 2011
It appears that Creighton plays their bigs as fast break rebounders/finishers with no emphasis in half court

HawkHoops80

HR MVP
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2022
Prospects with Iowa offers who are visiting opposing schools this weekend:

Indiana had their "Midnight Madness" style event last night. They hosted the following:
Raleigh Burgess '24 C
Trent Sisley '25 PF
Trey McKenney '25 PG (he's staying for Saturday)
Malachi Moreno '25 C

Saturday visitors:
James Brown '24 C--Michigan State OV
Malachi Moreno '25 C--Cincinatti UV
Jalen Shelley '24 G--Oklahoma UV

I'll update later if more get reported.

Last edited:

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
According to JT Rock, he is now 7'1 & 240 lbs.

He's on his official visit this weekend.

Sorry, Purdue, but this 7 footer is ours! ;)

From last weekend's official visit:

FekiH99WAAwiWQQ

FekiIdcXwAAggO2

Last edited:

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa

Don't know how much Iowa is prioritizing here, but as mentioned a lot here BABC is Eldridge's former AAU program.

Andre Mills was offer #9 of 25 total offers Fran has given out so far for the 2024 class. Iowa offered Nov 20, 2021.

He plays at Brimmer & May HS in in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts.

Rivals shows him with offers from Iowa, Texas A&M, Temple, UMass and Rutgers, where he visited on Aug 4, 2021.

Reactions: perryhawk

HawkHoops80

HR MVP
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2022
I've wrote this before, but Kansas offers significantly more prospects than other blue bloods. Rock will already be their 29th offer for the 2024 class. They offered over 50 guys in 2023. This certainly may mean that Rock's about to blow up, but just temper some of the doom and gloom until we see that he's actually a priority for Kansas.

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
I've wrote this before, but Kansas offers significantly more prospects than other blue bloods. Rock will already be their 29th offer for the 2024 class. They offered over 50 guys in 2023. This certainly may mean that Rock's about to blow up, but just temper some of the doom and gloom until we see that he's actually a priority for Kansas.

I am more interested in the schools that he officially visits. So far, he's officially visited Creighton & Iowa. If and when he officially visits Kansas, then it's time to be more concerned. And there's several B1G schools & Iowa State to be concerned about as well.

Iowa has a lot going for them. JT likes how Iowa develops bigs. JT has also visited Iowa 3 times now:

* unofficially on Sep 4, 2021 (Indiana game)
* unofficially on Aug 10, 2022
* officially on Oct 2, 2022 (Michigan game)

And speaking of possibly blowing up, he got an offer from West Virginia today as well. Rivals shows him with at least 12 offers, including Kansas, Iowa, Purdue, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa State and Creighton.

Last edited:

HawkHoops80

HR MVP
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2022

Reading through the tea leaves of recent Twitter follows, Iowa will be in attendance for this event the next few days.

HawkHoops80

HR MVP
Gold Member
Mar 20, 2022
Prospects with Iowa offers visiting other schools this weekend:

JT Rock '24 C-- Kansas UV for "Late Night in the Phog" event
John Bol '24 C--Kansas UV for "Late Night in the Phog" event
Nate Guerengomba '24 SG--Kansas UV for "Late Night in the Phog"
Travis Perry '24 PG-- Kentucky UV for "Big Blue Madness" event
Papa Kante '23 C--Michigan OV
Jalan Haralson '25 PG--Michigan UV
James Brown '24 C--North Carolina OV
Kur Teng '24 SG--Michigan State OV
Jesse McCulloch '24 PF--Indiana UV
Donnie Freeman '24 PF--Texas OV

As always, I'll update if I come across any others.

Last edited: