2024 Recruiting. Orig Post Updated Sep 19th. 25 Offers So Far (including Cooper Koch). 5 Scholarships Currently Available

skydog0784

HR All-American
Sep 11, 2013
What the connection to being big Hawkeye fans? Did parents go Iowa?
I presume this is directed to me as I mentioned it above.

I’m not certain but suspect it’s more likely his parent’s are from NW IA, grew up Hawk fans, and Sioux Falls is a really cool, pro business, fast growing community nearby where many NW Iowans locate.

I have a former business associate who is pretty connected up there - a big Hawk fan herself - same situation. They’re all over up there is what she tells me. IA is the de facto high major college team for SE SD - not so much MN and NE.

IA has pulled Greenway & Reiners from there to name two. Probably more I can’t think of. Krabbenhoft almost came here but decided to play for a contender in Ryan rather than a pretender in Alfraud.

Buffalo43

HR MVP
Sep 20, 2011
I presume this is directed to me as I mentioned it above.

I’m not certain but suspect it’s more likely his parent’s are from NW IA, grew up Hawk fans, and Sioux Falls is a really cool, pro business, fast growing community nearby where many NW Iowans locate.

I have a former business associate who is pretty connected up there - a big Hawk fan herself - same situation. They’re all over up there is what she tells me. IA is the de facto high major college team for SE SD - not so much MN and NE.

IA has pulled Greenway & Reiners from there to name two. Probably more I can’t think of. Krabbenhoft almost came here but decided to play for a contender in Ryan rather than a pretender in Alfraud.
Thank you

Reactions: skydog0784

HawkRugged17

HR Legend
Aug 11, 2015
Wow…. Now that’s impressive. Smooth outside shot, highly mobile, and how about that left handed hook?

Plus, he’s got a cool name besides. He is going to rock (if he comes to Iowa)!

the-rock-just-bring-it.gif

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
TOS reporting that JT Rock will visit Iowa next week.

Another unofficial visit, where he pays his own way? If so, at least the drive from Sioux Falls, SD is not too bad.

What's encouraging is this is at least his 2nd visit to Iowa City; he also visited on Sep 4, 2021 (Indiana football game).

chaneccooms

HR Legend
Dec 4, 2001
Another unofficial visit, where he pays his own way? If so, at least the drive from Sioux Falls, SD is not too bad.

What's encouraging is this is at least his 2nd visit to Iowa City; he also visited on Sep 4, 2021 (Indiana football game).
The timing is interesting, too. It’s during a period when a lot of the focus is on getting 2023 kids on campus. If the staff is putting time and effort into hosting a 2024 kid, It makes me wonder if a commitment is possible during Rock’s visit.

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Iowa offered Tyler Betsey on June 20, 2022. Looks like he wants to stay on the East coast & play at Rutgers.

Papa Kante (Iowa has offered) is also mentioned below. Steve Pikiell was front & center watching Papa Kante this weekend.

2432Hawk

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jun 22, 2002
Pardeeville, WI
A little background on Luke (our next London bigman?)

Franisdaman

HR King
Nov 3, 2012
Heaven, Iowa
Iowa offered Nojus Indrusaitis on June 15, 2022.

Ilinois appears to be the early leader.

And Iowa?

“They came down to my games a couple of months ago for high school, and I just like that they stay in touch. They’re trying to build a good relationship, also.”

The Full story:

mazda1

HR All-American
Sep 22, 2015
Fran is chasing some top flight talent and has had a few nibbles at this point. With guys going to the league recently we’ve shown there is a path through Iowa City. I feel good about this class. Landing a second top 100 guy would be great and a third would be icing on the cake. As we close out the 23 class the future looks as good as it has in a long time.