ADVERTISEMENT

22’ Emerald Classic

I wouldn't get too excited about next year yet...If Keegan says good-by to Iowa after this year, don't expect Iowa to be a player in the BIG.
It won't matter. Without their best player returning, Fran will still screw it up and Iowa will again fight for that almighty 4 or 8 position in the BIG standings.
I don't know exactly what he receives in compensation for making the NCAA tournament but I'm sure that is the only thing he concentrates on during the season.
If I seem bitter, I'm an old man that is a Hawk basketball fan, that has been waiting 12 years for Iowa to contend under Fran for a BIG title or win 2 games in the NCAA tournament. Losing argumentatively the best player from the team at the end of his sophomore season, usually is reserved for blue blood programs, not Iowa, but if he leaves, I consider it so Iowa....nothing good every happens to this university besides wrestling, and god bless Iowa wrestling fans, I'm envious of you, just not my thing....

Reactions: SotaHawk87
it does feel like there is not a real as a program at times I’ll give you that..

ADVERTISEMENT