ADVERTISEMENT

22-8 and breaking down remaining schedule

QChawks

HR King
Feb 11, 2013
Quad Cities
Iowa State will be tough, have to assume a loss

7-3

Then Utah State who is no slouch. Really need that one. Let’s say win.

8-3

Then two cupcakes.

10-3

After that it’s 18 big ten games.

Maryland W
@ Wisconsin L
Indiana L W
@ Minnesota L W
@ Rutgers W L
Penn St W
Purdue L
@Penn St L
@ Ohio St
Minnesota W
@ Maryland L W
Nebraska W
Michigan L
@ OSU L W
Michigan St L W
@ Nebraska W
Northwestern W
@ Michigan L W
———————————-
@ Illinois L

17-14 (7-13 big ten)

Updated 3/3

new prediction 22-10 (12-8 big ten)

Last edited:
Will need to go 9-11 minimum in the league to get an at large tourney bid. Tough road to get there.

I obviously would love for Iowa State to keep it rolling but that press will be tough for the clones

I've also said that teams with big guys, like Purdue and Illinois, would give us trouble. Illinois will finish in the top four of the Big Ten which will not be a bubble team.

Reactions: perryhawk
Exactly. Illinois also just beat Rutgers by 30 plus. Previously winless Texas Southern beat ranked Florida by 15 tonight. Strange results can happen when it's just one game.
Also Illinois had quite a few guys out early in the year and still have hardly played with their PG Curbelo....I think they r only going to get better when he gets back.

We’re winning friday night. We aren’t shooting like this again and our d is going to make isu struggle. They already struggle to score. I expect us to come out ramped up and ready to go
Iowa should destroy anyone they play on Friday. You're gonna be the only team playing...

Iowa should destroy anyone they play on Friday. You're gonna be the only team playing...
My apologies, thursday night. Point still stands, little bro is getting beat like they do in every other major sport

You are most likely correct but Illinois got smoked by Cincinnati who lost to...Monmouth.

and #20 Florida last at home tonight to 0-7 Texas Southern

it's early season, Illinois hasn't had a full roster for any game and have had like 6 different starting lineups due to suspension / illness / injuries.

Right now I'd put Illinois / Ohio State behind Purdue. Then you got a bunch of teams MSU/Michigan/Minnesota/Wisconsin/Iowa/Indiana/Northwestern

Tonight put a damper on my outlook. Losing at home to Illinois hurts. I can't see us beating ISU on the road if we can't beat Illinois at home. You can't lose to Illinois at home.
Didn't you watch the game. We did lose to Illinois at Home. The sky is falling...

At this point I expect a very close game. If I were betting I would take ISU but the line is going to be a pick 'em or something. What's dumb is throwing your hands up and assuming Iowa or ISU can't win.

Agreed. Should be a great game

We’re winning friday night. We aren’t shooting like this again and our d is going to make isu struggle. They already struggle to score. I expect us to come out ramped up and ready to go
If the game lasts in to Friday night, that will require lots of overtimes LOL Just messing with you, I was thinking it was Thursday but had to check. My schedule says Thursday 8 PM. Should be a good one, I'm not sure we match up well if both Murrays are on the floor at the same time. While I am at it, I will have to say I am stunned how good the Murrays are. I, like many Cyclone fans and probably some Hawk fans, didn't expect much given their low recruit rankings but they proved many wrong. Happy for them as they seem like good people... carry on!

ISU a loss? Uh, no. I guarantee a win at Hilton.

Hawks will beat Utah St. by close to 30 too

Iowa will have a tough time with teams with effective big men in the middle. They need better free throws, shot selection and somehow more effective rebounding.

Tonight put a damper on my outlook. Losing at home to Illinois hurts. I can't see us beating ISU on the road if we can't beat Illinois at home. You can't lose to Illinois at home.

Take a pause and realize we are playing 20 conference games. I think we had the best two teams in the league to open conference play imo. This will be a frustratingly fun team to watch most of the year.

There are no guarantees with this Iowa team. I haven't seen ISU play this year, but sounds like they are playing solid ball, and at Hilton it's always a major task. The Hawks have the capability, but like almost every other team in the nation, it depends on which version--of either team--shows up.

Funny how quickly opinions change after a big win or a big loss. Beat the ****ing Clones!
I predicted 17-14 on this board at the start of the season so I haven’t changed my opinion and now I’m forecasting how it could play out. If we steal a few more road games I could see us possibly push 20 wins, I just know how hard it is to win away from Carver. We’ve seen much better hawkeye teams lose at Penn St or Nebraska.

I think we will go 10-10 in league play. Have to at least split w/ ISU and Utah St, if we do that I think we'll get in to the tournament as a 8-12 seed.

Reactions: FWIW4922463
I think we will go 10-10 in league play. Have to at least split w/ ISU and Utah St, if we do that I think we'll get in to the tournament as a 8-12 seed.
You must have missed the previous post in which I guaranteed a win at Hilton and projected a near 30 point win vs Utah St

This year maybe is the hardest to make future game predictions on our schedule.
Half of our roster is too young to figure out whether they will show up of not and our most senior player can't even free himself up to get shot off.
On top of that we have a coach that is insistent on playing hockey line changes, up to 10 players and not giving them enough time to break a sweat. Unless Fran changes things and shortens his rotation the season may become a washout.

Iowa will have a tough time with teams with effective big men in the middle. They need better free throws, shot selection and somehow more effective rebounding.
I’m glad we addressed that in the portal…😒

ADVERTISEMENT